Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

'Plaudits for our atmosphere' ?! Not any more

4 hours ago, Tommy G said:

I agree they go on too long, and also some new songs like the Danny Simpson one is f'ing awful, and 10 people sing it. SK1 has gone backwards massively this year

To be fair I really like that Simpson chant. One of them that you find your self humming to for ages lol 

Problem with our fans is they don’t like a new chant. The only time a new chant kicks off is if there’s a video of it online.

look at Celtic for example. The green brigade lead them and there fans follow. They start new chants and everyone joins in. 

3 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

To be fair I really like that Simpson chant. One of them that you find your self humming to for ages lol 

Problem with our fans is they don’t like a new chant. The only time a new chant kicks off is if there’s a video of it online.

look at Celtic for example. The green brigade lead them and there fans follow. They start new chants and everyone joins in. 

This is a good point. Youtube videos are very helpful for getting new chants out there.

6 hours ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

No WYS should be sung at the start of the game and after half time and maybe at the end. Bertie Mee and Bill Shankley have nothing to do with Leicester, clue in the song "NORTH BANK HIGHBURY." 

Chants can go catch easy if they're good. Take the Ulloa song. Everyone learnt it pretty quickly. Crazy but it's true and Leicester boys our we aren't the best either. 

Back in the day, we used to nick each others songs and adapt accordingly (nothing much has really changed). I remember first hearing WYS sung by Liverpool fans complete with jazz hands. However, we picked it up and continued with it long after others had stopped singing it making it our own.

We even used to sing YNWA, scarves above heads, the lot.

Not sure this is the right thread to ask this, it's quite good to see and doesn't get abit of atmosphere going I guess - We havn't had a tifo so far this season have we? Is there one planned?

I understand they cost money, e.t.c, I was just wondering if there are plans for one though.

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not sure this is the right thread to ask this, it's quite good to see and doesn't get abit of atmosphere going I guess - We havn't had a tifo so far this season have we? Is there one planned?

I understand they cost money, e.t.c, I was just wondering if there are plans for one though.

Be good to have one for Silva's first game 

On 23/11/2017 at 15:38, Finnegan said:

Let's be honest, most of us aren't going to sing for ninety minutes if we're bored and playing shit.

Uptown Funk is both boring and sh*t, yet people clap their clappers in time all the way through.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

UFS put out a pretty strong teaser a few weeks back.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matt said:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Palace home from my understanding.

Shame it's not 1 week later for united. But I guess 9 hours on the beer may not be conducive to it actually going to plan lol

7 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Or fa cup tie if drawn at home or he could play at Chelsea before.

So his 3rd game then lol

well we'll know monday if at home in FA cup, but either way just do it the first league game he's eligible for at home

• Like 1

On 11/30/2017 at 15:12, Jimmy said:

for people saying we only have 5 songs why not bring back some older chants that used to be sang? make up some songs for players as other than Mahrez, Vardy, Iborra and Wes we don't really have any, and no shouting Schmeichel over and over again doesn't count

As others have mentioned, you're in the wrong part of the ground if you think that's the case on both counts.

Just now, Jimmy said:

I'm 50 feet from Union FS lot, you hardly hear any player specific chants

Agree - and you can set your watch by the sequence of the same old plagiarised generic crap reproduced across the country. It's a shame that such a loud support tends to be so unoriginal and derivative. Embarrassing. 

• Thanks 1