Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

'Plaudits for our atmosphere' ?! Not any more

I do agree, the atmosphere has dipped. I sit in the west stand but some of the songs coming out of sk1 and L1 sound so soft, like something a boy band would sing - particularly the song that ends with 'its crazy but its true, we only love the boys in blue'....proper cringe worthy imo. Songs like that won't get the crowd going.

What happened to the traditional songs like when your smiling, blues go marching in, we love you Leicester etc...best songs at the moment for me are the Iborra chant and the 'Champions of England, 5000/1' chant 

Edited by foxtillidrop
  • Like 1

"you only sing when your winning!" Sad, but true of the majority of home fans in any club. The away support naturally makes noise to igknowledge it's presence and try to influence the game for it's travelling team on the field. No coincidence we were at our loudest when doing well. 

10 hours ago, Milo said:

Not having this - I travel quite far and put a lot of effort, expense and time in to getting to matches...I watched absolute mind numbing, vacuous, pointless (literally), anti-football tedium for Ranieri's second season...and I'm expected to sing my heart out like a Sunny'D'd blue-smartied maniac on Red Bull?? 

Feel free - but don't criticise others who were way to pissed off with the dog-shite, turgid, dismal, unimaginative, soporific, lethargic, somniferous, listless, torpid garbage that was served up for the 12 months following the league win to happily warble their appreciation and support.

Peace.      

The support was well below part a times before Ranieri's second season. 

Yeah I maybe in the minority but I would say there is an expectation of an away supporter to support and as you said 'sing your heart out'. An atmosphere is the stands makes rubbish on the pitch far more enjoyable.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Yes it’s a disgrace now.

Too many middle aged and older people who either can’t be arsed or don’t have the energy, plus the younger generation have been priced out of the equation.

not sure this is quite right.... after all, the people who were  part of the "plaudits" are only 18 months older...and prices havent increased since "plaudits"

THe team have been playing crappy football, the fans have been spoilt and got lazy

• Like 1

Don't shoot me down but in my opinion it really is down to a lot more fair weather fans/ people just here for a day out to see a premier league game/opposition fans who live in leicester. (there were literally hundreds at the liverpool game - granted it was a cup game). I don't have a ST so I try and mix it up and sit in different areas, just to spice my life up a little. 

I always try and get involved in the songs and chanting but when you have so many of these types around the ground, it breaks up the singing and in the end nobody joins in, it becomes easier to just shut up and watch the game.

Disappointing but i think things like this come in peaks and troughs, winning the league was the biggest peak in our history so we're bound to have a bit of a lull for a while.

20 hours ago, Rogstanley said:

Everyone is still on a come down from the league win. Give it time, if we start playing some half decent stuff under Puel it will get better.

Not sure it will ever be as good as 15/16 or the CL games though - you might have to get used to the idea that we've peaked!

From the league win, great expectation turned into reality, and on the whole we have seen a lot of shit football, poor results, and poor performances which has to some extent kill off what had been achieved atmosphere wise.

Yes the champions league atmosphere was good, because that’s the rare time since winning the league we looked good, and the only time the players looked interested in putting in a performance at that time.

Tend to agree, good performances, and results will bring it back, there has been a lot of negativity around since the league win, a bit of stability and positivity around the place and people’s desire of the match day experience will come back.

I don’t know about anyone else, but going to league matches since the league win has felt like a chore, because of the way things have gone, and I have lost that pre match excitement I used to feel.

On 23/11/2017 at 15:40, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Yes it’s a disgrace now.

Too many middle aged and older people who either can’t be arsed or don’t have the energy, plus the younger generation have been priced out of the equation.

I am retired and have bags of energy thank you!  I  sit  in the Kop and I never stop singing home or away  Most younger people around me never sing!  

On 23/11/2017 at 17:59, m4DD0gg said:

Has op been to some of the Premier league libraries? 

Yes I have, I regularly go away ( not there tonight, but I went West Ham last year).

And, I don't give a **** what other grounds are like, I just wish the atmosphere at my ground was better.

Edited by Weller in Tights
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

How was last night?

Crap mate.

Literally nothing from our end all evening. Their fans were actually very loud second half, so I thought we'd try and respond but nope. Nothing but silence. 

You can blame the structure of the away end/split between upper and lower, the cold, the performance, the 'demographics' of the away end etc all you like but there was just no effort there from anyone as has been the case a lot recently.

Songbook has to improve somehow. That would help.

3 hours ago, C-man said:

Crap mate.

Literally nothing from our end all evening. Their fans were actually very loud second half, so I thought we'd try and respond but nope. Nothing but silence. 

You can blame the structure of the away end/split between upper and lower, the cold, the performance, the 'demographics' of the away end etc all you like but there was just no effort there from anyone as has been the case a lot recently.

Songbook has to improve somehow. That would help.

Think I dodged a bullet in every possible way last night by not bothering. We really are a depressing side in the stands at the minute. 

On 24/11/2017 at 17:29, Frontrow said:

I am retired and have bags of energy thank you!  I  sit  in the Kop and I never stop singing home or away  Most younger people around me never sing!  

People need to stop taking this point personally, it is fairly obvious (and statistics would back this up if there was ever a study carried out) that the louder sections/away ends contain a high proportion of 18 - 50 year old males.

Grandad and Grandma do not tend to sing many songs. 

If you are an exception, then fair play to you.

Edited by Kitchandro
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Weller in Tights said:

Yes I have, I regularly go away ( not there tonight, but I went West Ham last year).

And, I don't give a **** what other grounds are like, I just wish the atmosphere at my ground was better.

Well said. It’s not about being on par with others, I want us to be good for our benefit.

Fans too scared of embarrassing themselves and it’s uncool to act like a loony. My mates lad went to watch us with his mates a few years ago at Peterborough, never been to a football match in his life, got up on the table and got the whole pub going, reason why, he doesn’t give a shit what people think and was out to enjoy himself. Maybe the real problem is that following Leicester is no longer enjoyable and just the same ole same ole with the same faces going to away games. Time for a change.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

It's the lulls when I hear Sk1/ UFS kick in. That's so important!

To be fair they try not to stop. But there still seems to be a snobbery about joining in with a lot of what they do.

I did notice L1 gave a decent effort of leicester boys are we last night tho. Although to hear them down our end it must have been a lull lol

But the UFS chants just don't seem to spread across the whole kop. We also seem to suffer from from doing a few lines of a lot of songs or 1 rendition and then it stops.

54 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

To be fair they try not to stop. But there still seems to be a snobbery about joining in with a lot of what they do.

I did notice L1 gave a decent effort of leicester boys are we last night tho. Although to hear them down our end it must have been a lull lol

But the UFS chants just don't seem to spread across the whole kop. We also seem to suffer from from doing a few lines of a lot of songs or 1 rendition and then it stops.

They maybe tell the ultras to change the song if it's not working. They sing the same boring song even though nobody having it. I thought the loudest songs last night weren't being sung by the UFS. The other side of the kop seemed to be starting the loud chants what were travelling. Please can you tell them to stop singing about Bertie Mee and Bill Shankley. It isn't cool and hardly anyone joins in. Also you don't need to sing WYS more then once a half. 

• Thanks 1