Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

'Plaudits for our atmosphere' ?! Not any more

3 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Hooliganism has nothing to do with it we sang songs before all that,  and as I said, why does it bother you so much what we sing, I've heard some ridiculous things over the years from our fans and sang back at us,  but honestly can't say I've ever been bothered by the factual inaccuracies of it all, it's a football chant at the end of the day so stop being so sensitive. 

Who mentioned hooliganism? I was referring to some of the shite that you heard on the terraces back then.

As you say, it's a football chant - I agree who gives a shit? Precisely why I'm actually not as you bizarrely suggest sensitive - (unless it's racist, homophobic or distastefully offensive...as in the 80s).

Saying that - if you think that "Champions of England, you'll never sing that" levelled at Derby County wasn't one of the most embarrassing things you've ever seen as a Leicester game, then perhaps I should be happy for you.

18 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Surely the whole 'champions of England, you'll never sing that' to clubs who have actually won it is intended as a bit of a wind-up?

It' not really a wind up if your own fans just come out of it looking like know-nowt prats though, is it?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

It' not really a wind up if your own fans just come out of it looking like know-nowt prats though, is it?

Depends how the opposition fans take it I suppose- I'd imagine most know it's sung as a bit of a joke, and anyone getting wound up by it would look a bit of a prat as well lol

6 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Depends how the opposition fans take it I suppose- I'd imagine most know it's sung as a bit of a joke, and anyone getting wound up by it would look a bit of a prat as well lol

I think most just think we're a bit thick, which we are for singing it. And we'd rightly think the same of any other fans who sang it too.

The fact people are suggesting which qualifying phrase to tack on to it says it all really. 

• Like 3

Like any cross section of the population there’s a section of our support which isn’t that bright and don’t get that in their distant past some of those we sing the Champions of England song to have been far more successful. 

I treat the You’re Shit.... Ahhh TWAT with a heavy dose of Irony. I know it belongs in the 70’s and 80’s but it’s just a bit of fun there was a lad in his early 20’s near me on Saturday going at it with real venom. 

1 hour ago, Livid said:

I treat the You’re Shit.... Ahhh TWAT with a heavy dose of Irony. I know it belongs in the 70’s and 80’s but it’s just a bit of fun there was a lad in his early 20’s near me on Saturday going at it with real venom. 

I love it personally, a proper bit of Filbo that we've managed to hang onto. 

• Like 3

On 12/2/2017 at 22:18, Bob Weasel Fox said:

That’s an awful attitude

Burnley deserve their place in the Premier League as they have earned it by performances on the pitch

if we are just looking at crowd sizes then we might aswell just give up

he said he'd rather have a big club in the prem, nothing about who deserved to be there

6 hours ago, TheFish said:

Do you lot still have those plastic clappy things?

And do you have goal music?

I actually don't mind goal music that much. If you're celebrating a goal properly it just passes you by really, and Borussia Mönchengladbach's in particular is always good for a bit of a laugh. Not a fan of the clappers though. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Come on pal, "you'll never sing that" to fans whose clubs have won the league isn't a question of accuracy - it's just outright fvcking stupid.

you'll never sing that - in the future (a taunt that you will never win it)

you've never sung that - in the past (but I don't think I've heard that)

It's all about tense. Init. :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

you'll never sing that - in the future (a taunt that you will never win it)

you've never sung that - in the past (but I don't think I've heard that)

It's all about tense. Init. :thumbup:

So we're going to start singing it to everyone then?

Edited by Voll Blau

11 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

So we'e going to start singing it to everyone then?

Currently, I'd say it's probably appropriate for all except the Manchester clubs and Chelsea. Can't see any others winning it in the near future, at least :rolleyes:

That said, I don't think it works that well when we aren't current champions.

Edited by Spudulike

15 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Currently, I'd say it's probably appropriate for all except the Manchester clubs and Chelsea. Can't see any others winning it in the near future, at least :rolleyes:

That said, I don't think it works that well when we aren't current champions.

Mate, come on. If someone sang that to Liverpool or Arsenal they'd lose all credibility. 

It's a daft song to sing to any team who's won the league, regardless of when you won it yourself. End of.

Edited by Voll Blau

10 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Mate, come on. If someone sang that to Liverpool or Arsenal they'd lose all credibility. 

It's a daft song to sing to any team who's won the league, regardless of when you won it yourself. End of.

"Youll never sing that"

The opposition fans, in the ground that day, in their lifetime of supporting that club, will not watch their team lift the premier league.

I couldnt care less if a team won the league in 1920. It was witnessed by no one around today.

Why take chants so seriously anyway? If it was to a big club its obviously in jest at their recent failures like arsenal.

• Like 2

Not having any differing stands with identity of profile of supporter who goes in them affects our atmosphere.

If there was an identifiable say; family stand, stand where vocal supporters went and one where older supporters sat say for the best view then you would see a timeline of support develop.

• Like 2