Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxSinceBirth

New Right Back???

Trippier has never been first choice right back at Tottenham even when they sold Walker he wasn't promoted to first choice and there are plenty on here who would happily see us pay £30m for him.

Absolutely clueless and no concept of value, Spurs would be laughing all the way to the bank again. When will we start learning?

speaking to spurs guys down here, they say he IS first choice right back although poch does rotate. and they also say its probably all about a bigger contract. we are more than likely being used by his people although if anyone is prepared to pay 30 mill then you can be sure levy would take it ! they will cope with aurier and walker-peters

On 12/21/2017 at 17:05, matty98 said:

We've wasted so much money on useless players yet people are moaning about paying a similar fee for a player who would walk straight into the side. :nigel:

The point being when we invested the large amounts of money we didn't know they would be a waste? 

You can't use hindsight to argue this point i'm afraid. 

Would you spend 100m on trippier on the basis that we spent 100m on someone else who was a flop? 

what about 100 billion? 

You learn from mistakes, you don't repeat them. 30m is a hell of a lot of money for someone who has played 31 games in 3 seasons. 

Don't mean to go on like a broken record but it's being going on for 2 years now...

...TWO YEARS!!!!

We've needed to fix, we've needed to strengthen our defence for two years! What have we done? Bring Harry Maguire in. He's great, but not enough, why have we not sorted this problem yet?! Now we're in abit of trouble.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

The point being when we invested the large amounts of money we didn't know they would be a waste? 

You can't use hindsight to argue this point i'm afraid. 

Would you spend 100m on trippier on the basis that we spent 100m on someone else who was a flop? 

what about 100 billion? 

You learn from mistakes, you don't repeat them. 30m is a hell of a lot of money for someone who has played 31 games in 3 seasons. 

the point being we've spent similar money on players which aren't guaranteed starters. Trippier would be a starter, no doubt about it. 

Surprised if Trippier wanted to leave Spurs. Thought he was getting decent game time now Walker had left?

Everytime I've seen him play he's been very decent. If he wants the move and Spurs are willing to sell at a reasonable price, it would be a no brainier.

37 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

What’s the latest on Trippier mate? 

Will check later but what seemed like a hamstring for simpson last night I would expect some movement. But unless something was said last night I wont expect any info until tuesday after the game.