Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

What do people expect?

I dont expect us to win every game.. esp against top six clubs

I do ecoect us to show improvement... and fix flaws..  inc tactics and selection

I do expect us to play with verve

I do expect the manager to level with us and re assure us they are working on the key issues.

I think its a c... must do better

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Did you watch us against Watford? For thirty five minutes we absolutely ripped them to bits. Showing an incredible confidence swagger at times. 

You say three games from relegation zone - we win three more games for the rest of the season we stay up. We are seven points ahead of where we were last season. 

Did you watch us against Crystal Palace and yesterday? Absolute garbage and undefendable. And thirty-five minutes does not win you a game, swagger all you like but in the end, we lost to Watford who lost to the bottom club Swansea yesterday. 

Edited by Bunyip
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Did you watch us against Crystal Palace and yesterday? Absolute garbage and undefendable. 

Yeah Palace and Liverpool played well. Palace was a bad result but I think most people are forgetting Liverpool are a Champions League team with the division’s most inform player and have conceded 4 goals at Anfield all season. Given the likes of Everton and West Brom nabbing draws there, no surprise we adopted similar tactics. 

That happens from time to time when you support Leicester City. We are a club inconsistent in nature; one week we beat Southampton away 4-1, the next Palace beat us 3-0. 

We are 8th - what do you expect top 6?

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah Palace and Liverpool played well. Palace was a bad result but I think most people are forgetting Liverpool are a Champions League team with the division’s most inform player and have conceded 4 goals at Anfield all season. Given the likes of Everton and West Brom nabbing draws there, no surprise we adopted similar tactics. 

That happens from time to time when you support Leicester City. We are a club inconsistent in nature; one week we beat Southampton away 4-1, the next Palace beat us 3-0. 

It's not the losing it's the manner of losing that worries me. and if you expect us to finish anywhere near 8th you are in for a shock.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Come off it, the Palace game was more than a bad result.

It was a shocking, unforgivable, disgusting, embarrassing and humiliating performance, that I rank up there with as bad as the humiliation against Tottenham at the end of last season, I said after the Palace game it'd take a long time to get over and that I didn't see us winning for a few weeks/not sure where the next win was coming from, someone said 'What even when we have Watford coming up'...Yes, 'even with Watford coming up' because we treated it the same and did the same as we did against Palace, didn't turn up, it's proving to be that it is taking a long time to get over.

Am I confident we can get something against Huddersfield tomorrow? Not overly, no.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

Come off it, the Palace game was more than a bad result.

It was a shocking, unforgivable, disgusting, embarrassing and humiliating performance, that I rank up there with as bad as the humiliation against Tottenham at the end of last season, I said after the Palace game it'd take a long time to get over and that I didn't see us winning for a few weeks/not sure where the next win was coming from, someone said 'What even when we have Watford coming up'...Yes, 'even with Watford coming up' because we treated it the same and did the same as we did against Palace, didn't turn up, it's proving to be that it is taking a long time to get over.

Am I confident we can get something against Huddersfield tomorrow? Not overly, no.

Palace played well. Perfect away performance by them, fair play. We knocked the ball around relatively well, their keeper made a great save at 1-0. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

I expect us to compete in all matches, despite what the outcome will be.

I expect there to be some sort of system, or pattern of play, which shows we are a decent group, despite what the outcome will be. 

I expect to to some degree understand what the manager has done and why, despite what the outcome will be. 

I expect 100% effort from the players.

If the above aren’t right, then you have a problem. With Shakey as an example, there just didn’t seem any pattern or style of play, so things had to change. With Pearson, whenever he was here, we always seemed to have desire and a system, so for me, whatever the result, it didn’t matter as we were heading in the right direction.

I cope with bad runs, I cope with needing a transfer window to help improve the situation, but if there isn’t a system, or the group mentality has fallen apart with the manager who is in charge, then things need to change. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

It's not the losing it's the manner of losing that worries me. and if you expect us to finish anywhere near 8th you are in for a shock.

The table says otherwise (we are 8th) and we are past halfway through. We have Mahrez back in great form and Vardy nearly in double figures. 

But you didnt answer my question what do you expect Leicester City to achieve this season? 

9 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

No Palace played well. Perfect away performance by them, fair play.

We'll just have to agree to disagree then, I respect your opinion and you're entitled to it.

But regardless of whether Palace played well or not if you can excuse how we played in the game because 'Palace played well' so be it.

I can't, even if I agreed with you saying Palace played well (Which I can't, they're an average team, below average and if we played to our ability we wouldn't have been so shocking, embarrassed or humiliated) I would still be saying the same things about us, we were shocking, we didn't turn up, it was a disgusting performance by us, it was unacceptable.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Matt said:

We'll just have to agree to disagree then, I respect your opinion and you're entitled to it.

But regardless of whether Palace played well or not if you can excuse how we played in the game because 'Palace played well' so be it, I can't, even if I agreed with you saying Palace played well (Which I can't, they're an average team, below average and if we played to our ability we wouldn't have been so shocking, embarrassed or humiliated) I would still be saying the same things about us, we were shocking, we didn't turn up, it was a disgusting performance by us.

If you can’t see that Crystal Palace played well that afternoon then my case is made. They were superb and other than Man City, the only team to visit the King Power with some real bite to them. Sometimes you have to admit that an opposition played better.

Seemingly people revel in our poorer performances. 

We are inconsistent. We have the ability to dominated games for long spells but have a unhealthy habit of making foolish mistakes. Realistically we can probably get 7th at tops, we are 8th and given how the bottom half of the table has gone, won’t finish lower than 12th.

• Haha 1

Crikey this place is full of miserable so & so’s, we are 8th in one of the toughest Leagues in the world, admitted we are having a wobble but we will bounce back.

if someone posts make a constructive comment or say nothing, too many on here switch FT on after eating 2 bags of Haribo’s and the sugar rush takes over......

1 hour ago, Bunyip said:

Did you watch us against Crystal Palace and yesterday? Absolute garbage and undefendable. And thirty-five minutes does not win you a game, swagger all you like but in the end, we lost to Watford who lost to the bottom club Swansea yesterday. 

Pointless bringing up yesterday, the best any team like us has got there is a draw and in the process they still got hammered and were lucky to not concede half a dozen goals as Liverpool missed a string of chances and dominated the games.

Palace and Watford was a shit show, but it's clear we just don't have the quality in the squad to rotate as we need to in this period of a stupid number of games so close together. 

King shouldn't be on the bench let alone starting games. We rely on the same core to play almost every minute and it's failed.

The biggest worry for me was that we were attempting to implement a passing style, yes it wasn't perfect and looked at but clunky at times, as you'd expect. But for the last 4 or 5 games we seem to have totally abandoned that... why?

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

If you can’t see that Crystal Palace played well that afternoon then my case is made. They were superb and other than Man City, the only team to visit the King Power with some real bite to them. Sometimes you have to admit that an opposition played better.

Seemingly people revel in our poorer performances. 

We are inconsistent. We have the ability to dominated games for long spells but have a unhealthy habit of making foolish mistakes. Realistically we can probably get 7th at tops, we are 8th and given how the bottom half of the table has gone, won’t finish lower than 12th.

:nigel::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

You've made me laugh if nothing else.

Edited by Matt

Just now, Babylon said:

Pointless bringing up yesterday, the best any team like us has got there is a draw and in the process they still got hammered and were lucky to not concede half a dozen goals as Liverpool missed a string of chances and dominated the games.

Palace and Watford was a shit show, but it's clear we just don't have the quality in the squad to rotate as we need to in this period of a stupid number of games so close together. 

King shouldn't be on the bench let alone starting games. We rely on the same core to play almost every minute and it's failed.

The biggest worry for me was that we were attempting to implement a passing style, yes it wasn't perfect and looked at but clunky at times, as you'd expect. But for the last 4 or 5 games we seem to have totally abandoned that... why?

We were excellent knocking the ball around first half thirty minutes at Watford. It’s no surprise when you have 12 to 13 players at the very max are good enough to play at PL level that you tire given the schedule of this month

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

But regardless of whether Palace played well or not if you can excuse how we played in the game because 'Palace played well' so be it, I can't, even if I agreed with you saying Palace played well (Which I can't, they're an average team, below average and if we played to our ability we wouldn't have been so shocking, embarrassed or humiliated) I would still be saying the same things about us, we were shocking, we didn't turn up, it was a disgusting performance by us.

I think the answer whether it was our fault for losing, or Palace being good will only be recognised at the end of the season. Both views could be right or wrong.

If we don’t pull out of the bad run, then you could say it was clear they found us out and battered us. But if this is just a blip and we progress, then you could say it was a very good performance by Palace to beat a good team on the day.

Everyone is just about as shit as each other, but we're 8th for a reason. We're mildly better than the others, but we're all capable of turning each other over if teams have a good or bad day.

I fully expect an upswing in form once we get back to having a weeks rest between games and we add Silva and maybe one or two others to the squad who Puel actually wants to play and trusts.

• Like 3

Just now, Babylon said:

Everyone is just about as shit as each other, but we're 8th for a reason. We're mildly better than the others, but we're all capable of turning each other over if teams have a good or bad day.

I fully expect an upswing in form once we get back to having a weeks rest between games and we add Silva and maybe one or two others to the squad who Puel actually wants to play and trusts.

Bingo! Plus the regular schedule allows proper coaching on the training ground. 

Given the FA Cup schedule, we should not be fielding weakened teams in it. 

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

We were excellent knocking the ball around first half thirty minutes at Watford. It’s no surprise when you have 12 to 13 players at the very max are good enough to play at PL level that you tire given the schedule of this month

We were ok at Watford, felt like we were the better team for 30 minutes but never actually got on top of them as we couldn't dominate midfield.

Forgot to quote you - @Cardiff_Fox

Ask plenty of neutrals then. Read the reports of the nationals - all of them praising Palace’s performance that day. 

I'll go and talk to a brick wall I think.

Regardless of whether Palace played well or not;

WE

WERE

SHOCKING!!!!!!!!!!

If you can't see that or admit that then you're an ostrich.

There is nothing wrong with holding your hands up and admitting these things, it can be constructive, aslong as you learn from them, which we don't seem to be.

Edited by Matt

I'm not one to get over excited or suicidal over football I've been watching LCFC too long to get wound up but I do think we get so many fundamentals wrong,

Kasper's kicks and our throw in so often end up with the opposition in possession.

Clearance headers, even if one doubts they should be headed and often under no pressure are headed as far as possible with no thought to where they are going rather than trying to find a team mate.

There's way to much panicking and just hoofing the ball anywhere again even under very little pressure, even Mahrez was doing it yesterday when he of all people is capable of controlling the ball and doing something constructive with it. The ball is not a hot potato, we've seen that they are capable of playing a simple passing game in a controlled way but they panic so much.

For a team that aspires to be wanting to play a more passing game our passing is horrendous and that includes the likes of Iborra with him it's being too casual with others it's panicking and with some they just seem incapable of doing it in pressure environment. I'm not talking speculative long balls either this is to players nearby.

This doesn't just happen against the better teams in fact recently all of the above seems worse against teams around and below us.

Confidence obviously plays a part but it's not all about that as  there's no way we could have gone in against Palace for instance and not feel confident.

I can't say I know what the answer is perhaps so many of the team are so ingrained into our hit on the break football that they can't change or at least not quickly enough.

I think our current mid table position reflects the quality of the team quite accurately so maybe we're stuck here for the foreseeable future which is better than being in the bottom six or the Championship where we've spent so much of our recent history.

Can't wrap my head around the idea that we are negative. 

Vardy has scored most goals outside top 6. Mahrez and Okazaki joint second.  We have scored more goals than anyone outside top 6. Our possession stats have gone up significantly. Yes we have many areas to improve and yes some performances of late have been dire. Puel is trying to implement a style that many of our players are not used to hence the erratic displays. 

We are better now than we were under Shakespeare and last 6 months of Ranieri.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Forgot to quote you - @Cardiff_Fox

I'll go and talk to a brick wall I think.

Regardless of whether Palace played well or not;

WE

WERE

SHOCKING!!!!!!!!!!

If you can't see that or admit that then you're an ostrich.

There is nothing wrong with holding your hands up and admitting these things, it can be constructive, aslong as you learn from them, which we don't seem to be.

I’ll take the back seat here - the need for you to quote me says everything about this debate

We need a win. Then hopefully the top six talk will start again.

We were knocked out of our stride by the Palace game, plus having two very tough matches over this week meant that the Watford game was important. We missed a chance there.

I think we're roughly at our level. If you swapped Everton for Burnley (given their transfer business which was widely lauded) then the table would probably look as expected in the top 7 from before the season.

January is a crucial month to try and overhaul the squad. It's clear that the first-team, if all fit and firing, is a decent side but take a couple out and the replacements aren't at that level.

Thought we would get a good hammering yday so a 2-1 defeat to a team scoring for fun wasn't too bad. A proper realistic test tomorrow. If we don't win then I'll be p!$$ed off. Not cos I don't rate Huddersfield,but you need to win these games at the least. THEN and only then after Puel has done some wheeling and dealing,got rid of the abundance of crap players we have and bought in his own players to suit his style can we begin to gauge the Managers ideology and success rate. 

Put it in context that José is whinging about Man Utd's lack of winning having spent £250+million,so let's have some perspective about little olde Leicesters form!!!!