Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

What do people expect?

23 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I disagree with that because Gray was playing well. Vardy was isolated and perhaps he (Puel) had a mind to save his legs for tomorrow. Slim getting on the end of Albrighton's crosses could have worked.

And besides, Mahrez hadnt been doing much and his touch was uncharacteristically awful yesterday

I thought Gray had a poor game, on and especially off the ball.

29 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It means they aren't useless. The Palace we played wasn't the Palace people faced at the start of the season.

Damn, just our luck!

Go all season without scoring an away goal and they go an score 3, Same goes for Benteke, we are unlucky bastards aren't we?! :doh:

I go back to my point, regardless of what Palace did we didn't effect out our game in a positive way, we didn't turn up.

53 minutes ago, Matt said:

Damn, just our luck!

Go all season without scoring an away goal and they go an score 3, Same goes for Benteke, we are unlucky bastards aren't we?! :doh:

I go back to my point, regardless of what Palace did we didn't effect out our game in a positive way, we didn't turn up.

They are a completely different team under Hodgson since late October. Go on about away goals all you want but ther turn around started long before they played us and they started scoring as well.

What's your previous point got to do with anything. Sod all to do with what I've said as I've already said we were clearly shit. But Palace will do a number on a lot of teams now as they have a manager that knows his stuff.

1 hour ago, inckley fox said:

Not all of the criticism is unbalanced or premature.

Who said all the critisism was? 

There is plenty to be critical about, whether it's slow substitutions, set piece issues, us seemingly abandoning the passing style for the last 5 games. But there are certain people, already calling for his head and are constantly negative about absolutely everything. Beat teams and he's lucky or it's "new manager bounce", lose and he's shit. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, inckley fox said:

Maybe the absence of changes did, though.

You're addressing a totally different point, I myself was calling for earlier changes... as I do most weeks with him. But I can't agree the changes somehow lost us the game because they were all over us from the minute I turned on the game (I missed our early spell).

3 hours ago, inckley fox said:

Gray and Mahrez were struggling on the ball and off it, ....

Because neither links thing up.  Grey holds hands with albrighton on the left.  The wingers get more ball when shinji runs to the midfielders and then flicks it left or right 

Edited by foxinsocks

8 hours ago, Bunyip said:

I expect Puel to be gone in the close season. All this silly talk about transition period ? We can't afford a transition period we are three losing games away from being in a relegation fight. His substitutions would have been laughable were it not for the points lost because of them. Southampton did not sack him for no good reason, he has now reverted to exactly the kind of football they got rid of him for, negative defensive and an absolute bore to watch.  

Jesus.  Christ. 

I expect nothing more than my wildest dreams to come true. I waited my entire life the first time after years of build up and the coming together of some very unexpected things. I see no reason why it can't happen again immediately now the situation has changed.

Should I meet Natalie Portman on the street tomorrow in some very specific and unexpected circumstances I will expect Scarlett Johansson the next day regardless of the changing situation. No amount of reasoning or logic will desuade me of this expectation.

11 hours ago, Bunyip said:

I expect Puel to be gone in the close season. All this silly talk about transition period ? We can't afford a transition period we are three losing games away from being in a relegation fight. His substitutions would have been laughable were it not for the points lost because of them. Southampton did not sack him for no good reason, he has now reverted to exactly the kind of football they got rid of him for, negative defensive and an absolute bore to watch.  

lol

How are we negative when we are the highest scorers outside top 6? Best striker outside top 6? Best creative midfielder outside top 6? All that whilst our possession stats have gone up significantly.

There are plenty to be critical about like the set piece situation., but you're having a mare here pal.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I know! God help us..we're 8th!

I know you and I sometimes disagree on stuff but you are at least always constructive.  Things seem to have gone a bit mental on here.  Happy New Year Col and everyone else on here.  Hope you all have a good one. X

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I disagree with that because Gray was playing well. Vardy was isolated and perhaps he (Puel) had a mind to save his legs for tomorrow. Slim getting on the end of Albrighton's crosses could have worked.

And besides, Mahrez hadnt been doing much and his touch was uncharacteristically awful yesterday

Fair point on Gray I just feel that Mahrez has the ability to create something out of nothing. It didn’t look like we were going to create much either way. 

On Slimani, if that was the plan why did he take Albrighton off less than 10 minutes after bringing on Slimani. Gray was the only wide player on and he carries the ball rather than cross 9 times out of 10. 

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

Considering we looked more dangerous after the changes I don't get your point.

The changes had nothing to do with them "taking the game". Maguire ****ing up caused that.

I don’t think we looked dangerous at all after the substitutions (we didn’t really look dangerous before to be honest). 

I wasn’t trying to say that the changes directly caused us to concede. I felt that it was negative taking our counter attacking threat off, while under heavy pressure to bring on a target man who we barely hit playing long from the back. What was even more bizarre was taking Albrighton off after bringing Slimani on. 

Okazaki coming on was definitely the right thing to do but he compliments Vardy so well it seemed an odd move. 

17 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Fair point on Gray I just feel that Mahrez has the ability to create something out of nothing. It didn’t look like we were going to create much either way. 

On Slimani, if that was the plan why did he take Albrighton off less than 10 minutes after bringing on Slimani. Gray was the only wide player on and he carries the ball rather than cross 9 times out of 10. 

I don’t think we looked dangerous at all after the substitutions (we didn’t really look dangerous before to be honest). 

I wasn’t trying to say that the changes directly caused us to concede. I felt that it was negative taking our counter attacking threat off, while under heavy pressure to bring on a target man who we barely hit playing long from the back. What was even more bizarre was taking Albrighton off after bringing Slimani on. 

Okazaki coming on was definitely the right thing to do but he compliments Vardy so well it seemed an odd move. 

Yeah, with Slim on I also dont understand taking Albrighton off.

• Like 1

Puel/Appleton are doing exactly doing what I like to see a newxset u p do...

Try various permatations and delay on the subs.Let c see how the stamina is

mentally and in match discipline, the longer you stay on the pitch.

Try knew ideas, approach your new squad with your ideas, not the foxforum fanbase.

Test what you can twist, give the lads new ideas impetious, and momentum.

We were on a downward spiral, stop it , hold it, take the positives, mix with the unknown untried

potential. We lifted our performances, even in games lost.Somethings have, are working, others not.

Play the cards, but try different hands, hold the dealed hand each trick you learn and lay, is progress.

Chilwell, Gray, Maguire, Iborra finding and building on their chances.Mahrez given belief.

Team given new ideas and duties..ca 10 games, our journey has become intriguing, no longer frightening.

Many of you falling on players past weaknesses and shown strengths,too easy too static!!!

Puel/Appleton ...the answers are still blowing, on the breeze of potential, they are giving  all players new cards,

far too early to analyse, the ins and outs, and what they should be doing. The critic is based on knowledge of

the past...What Puel should be doing, the hand has not yet been played...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Idiots will be idiots whoever we have in charge. Just spout the same old footballing cliches to try and sound knowledgeable 

.....and forget our dreadful transfer policy since summer 2016, when we had a chance to recruit far better. You can count on one hand our decent acquisitions, I’ve lost count of our import of dross. Hopefully Puel is given 2 windows to address this.

21 hours ago, Koke said:

lol

How are we negative when we are the highest scorers outside top 6? Best striker outside top 6? Best creative midfielder outside top 6? All that whilst our possession stats have gone up significantly.

There are plenty to be critical about like the set piece situation., but you're having a mare here pal.

I know.lol