Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Dogs

7 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Had my lab castrated last Thursday ( 5 days ago) after a day of feeling sorry for himself he’s gone nuts - almost like a puppy again. 

I thought it was supposed to calm them down? So far it’s done the opposite!

Yes they have

8 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Had my lab castrated last Thursday ( 5 days ago) after a day of feeling sorry for himself he’s gone nuts - almost like a puppy again. 

I think you should have chosen a better phrase to explain how he is now 🤣

12 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Are you booked for a post op check up with the vets? I think I'd try to have a word with them. 

Our spaniel wasn't hyper before the snip so we didn't really notice a difference. I'm not sure if it's something that happens straight away after the ✂️

12 hours ago, Tommy G said:

From my experience, it will contribute to them calming down eventually (quicker than not being castrated).

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Are you booked for a post op check up with the vets? I think I'd try to have a word with them. 

Our spaniel wasn't hyper before the snip so we didn't really notice a difference. I'm not sure if it's something that happens straight away after the ✂️

Yeh they just said healing really well, said behaviour can be up and down for a bit?!

On 19/09/2023 at 10:59, Tommy G said:

How old is he, and what breed? We definitely want to get our chap neutered, not because he’s particularly excitable, but because I don’t want any paternity issues. And also to avoid health issues.

1 minute ago, LanguedocFox said:

How old is he, and what breed? We definitely want to get our chap neutered, not because he’s particularly excitable, but because I don’t want any paternity issues. And also to avoid health issues.

Labrador - 16 months 

12 hours ago, Lako42 said:

One of my dogs took great pleasure in rolling in a massive load of dog diarrhea the other day and was covered from head to toe. 

It was ****ing vile and I was nearly sick in the street. Never seen anything like it 

Ewwwwww haha.

And people kiss their dogs, let them sleep in their beds. Yuck!

I like dogs a lot but just not cut out for it with my germaphobe issues. I blame my wife for turning me into some what of a germaphobe And less of a man. 

58 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Ewwwwww haha.

And people kiss their dogs, let them sleep in their beds. Yuck!

I like dogs a lot but just not cut out for it with my germaphobe issues. I blame my wife for turning me into some what of a germaphobe And less of a man. 

Am reading this perching on the side of the bed with a sliver of duvet covering my body while a retriever snores and farts across 80% of the available space. The wife has a luxurious 19% of the bed. 

Man’s best friend? I think not. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

Am reading this perching on the side of the bed with a sliver of duvet covering my body while a retriever snores and farts across 80% of the available space. The wife has a luxurious 19% of the bed. 

Owners of large dogs in the Greater London area beware - they might be Sadiq Khan's next target!

https://phys.org/news/2021-03-carbon-pawprint-friend-planet-enemy.html

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/09/2023 at 14:08, Tommy G said:

Yeh they just said healing really well, said behaviour can be up and down for a bit?!

Castration update - 3 weeks since the op, let him off the lead the other day, big mistake - ran over to a spaniel and pinned him down - never done this before and his recall was almost like he had his ears castrated nevermind his b*llocks. He's never done this before.

Anyone know a good dog trainer? 

47 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Castration update - 3 weeks since the op, let him off the lead the other day, big mistake - ran over to a spaniel and pinned him down - never done this before and his recall was almost like he had his ears castrated nevermind his b*llocks. He's never done this before.

Anyone know a good dog trainer? 

Keep up the walks...He will improve.We have a cocker who had the snip 2 months ago and was a twat after,now he's great.....might take a bit of time to lose the testoterone.

3 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Keep up the walks...He will improve.We have a cocker who had the snip 2 months ago and was a twat after,now he's great.....might take a bit of time to lose the testoterone.

Thanks - I’m going to keep up the walks I think, just doesn’t seem to tire him as much as tearing round in a field. I’ve managed to master loose lead walking until another dog appears, hopefully like you say a less of a twat sooner rather than later

• Like 1

On 22/09/2023 at 02:42, Daggers said:

From my experience, it sounds like the retriever and wife are interchangeable in that set up and you are always stuck with the sliver ….

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Spaniel One has had 2 teeth out today, a bargain £600. If that wasn't bad enough, he has to have soft food for 3 or 4 days. I'll just get some from Pets At Home, I thought, as we were up in Vets4Pets. £20. £20 @#!%ing for 6 tins of some luxury tinned dog food. He'll be enjoying some for £5 from Morrisons instead.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

The Spaniel One has had 2 teeth out today, a bargain £600. If that wasn't bad enough, he has to have soft food for 3 or 4 days. I'll just get some from Pets At Home, I thought, as we were up in Vets4Pets. £20. £20 @#!%ing for 6 tins of some luxury tinned dog food. He'll be enjoying some for £5 from Morrisons instead.

Some own-brand weetabix with water and half a tin of Lidl 49p sardines in tomato sauce?

We switched to sardines instead of wet food mixed with Wagg ages ago because it works out far cheaper and all the dogs love it. They also bloody love Weetabix.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Daggers said:

Some own-brand weetabix with water and half a tin of Lidl 49p sardines in tomato sauce?

We switched to sardines instead of wet food mixed with Wagg ages ago because it works out far cheaper and all the dogs love it. They also bloody love Weetabix.

He seems happy with his Morrisons tins. Hidden the medicine well too. 

Normally I just get a 15kg bag of dry biscuits, which lasts well and isn't badly priced. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone got an XL bully "type" dog? I've got a boxer X mastiff who's the softest daftest dog you can meet. Always have him off lead and he's really friendly. But he's a big unit, he looks intimidating and the word type is making me worried he'll get caught up in all this. I really don't want to muzzle him or never let him off his lead. Just a bit concerned by how vague the ban on XL bullies is