Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Dogs

Cheers for that. Not as much as I'd thought to be honest. I'm very interested in getting one but I am the most indecisive person ever.

If you haven't had a dog before please do your research on the breed before you get one. As much as I love my huskys to bits they are a right handful!

If you haven't had a dog before please do your research on the breed before you get one. As much as I love my huskys to bits they are a right handful!

My girlfriend had a couple growing up and her family all have dogs. We've been looking into it for a while mainly to see dogs that are good with children. If we do go ahead and get one it'll probably be at least a year down the line due to my youngest son still being a baby. Don't fancy him crawling around the floor into potential dog muck during the puppy stage.

My girlfriend had a couple growing up and her family all have dogs. We've been looking into it for a while mainly to see dogs that are good with children. If we do go ahead and get one it'll probably be at least a year down the line due to my youngest son still being a baby. Don't fancy him crawling around the floor into potential dog muck during the puppy stage.

If you're thorough with the toilet training from the word go, they learn incredibly quick. The first week we had ours, she dumped in the garden so we let her in the house only for her to do another shit in the kitchen (happened on two occasions) so we learnt that they sometimes need a few minutes to get it all out - she hasn't done it since (touch wood). Just really reward them when they go outside and if they look like they're about to go inside yell to get their attention then get them to the back door asap! Ours has a few times pissed in the living room when she's been a bit overexcited but the last time she did that was ages ago and they have weak bladders at a young age so you just have to make sure you let them out at least every hour they're awake. I wouldn't really worry about them shitting/pissing in the house provided you're willing to train them

Also, get a crate. They hate them for the first few nights and will howl the house down but they soon learn that the crate is their safe place and will go there when worried or tired. They also will not use it as a toilet so it's great for training

To be fair, bit of a difference in terms of needs between a retriever and a siberian.

Yep, which is why I said do your research. I always hear stories about how many huskys are at the RSPCA, probably because people see them on programs like GOTs and think they look cute but don't realise they are a pain in the arse sometimes lol.

BTW the dog turned out to be a scam... I got done. I sent a deposit to secure the pup I liked. I had a couple of calls, and loads of emails with the 'breeder', who know what he was talking about. But I guess most scam artists know their business.

Embarrassing.

Sounds like the dog had a lucky escape lol you sent a deposit without seeing the dog?

Yep, which is why I said do your research. I always hear stories about how many huskys are at the RSPCA, probably because people see them on programs like GOTs and think they look cute but don't realise they are a pain in the arse sometimes lol.

Yeah, my missus and I really want one but our place isn't at all suitable at the moment. She grew up with GSDs and me with border collies so we're used to active. Done tones of reading on sibes over the last eighteen months and I really miss having a dog.

Just need an appropriate house.

Yeah, my missus and I really want one but our place isn't at all suitable at the moment. She grew up with GSDs and me with border collies so we're used to active. Done tones of reading on sibes over the last eighteen months and I really miss having a dog.

Just need an appropriate house.

I did loads as well but thought meh il be able to train that out of them, wrong! lol.

One of them has killed a family pet, both pull so much on their leads that it's impossible to take them both at the same time. I used to let them

off their leads but they ran across 3 fields to play with cows lol. I groom them about 2x a week and get a huge amount of hair from them.

That said they are fantastic in the house and always like to snuggle up and are good running buddies. I always beat my PB for fastest mile when they join me haha

Joring is basically being pulled by your dog. Can do it with skates, a bike, a sled. Bicycle joring looks ****ing great fun but I have this image of going flying over the handlebars.

Started off as skijoring, I think. A sled dog pulling a skier.

Edited by Finnegan