Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

Happy Birthday Jamie Vardy

3 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Happy birthday Jamie, even if he loses his pace I don't think we will ever lose his workrate.

Here's one of my favourite underrated Vardy goals

I was there. No surprises to see that Barton booking...I am able to testify that Loftus Road shifted on its foundations when GTF hit the deck as a result. Nugent later caught the offending squirrel, fried it and fed it to him as consolation in a burger Elvis style. 

Edited by Line-X

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Will truly be an end of an era when the guy leaves. Can't really put into words how he personifies our football club. 

That video is sheer gold.

****ing superb. What a man. Get the sculptors on the phone, if any player in our history deserves to be cast in bronze it's surely him.

4 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Happy birthday Jamie, even if he loses his pace I don't think we will ever lose his workrate.

Here's one of my favourite underrated Vardy goals

I swear the Vardy of then would embarrass the Vardy of now in a 100m sprint. In reaction, acceleration and top end.

4 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Also love this one. 

Mahrez's first appearance but also I think the first airing of both 'Jamie Vardy's avin a party' & 'Do the Wasilewski'.

We absolutely trounced them in that game, I don't think I've ever seen a more flattering scoreline.

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Will truly be an end of an era when the guy leaves. Can't really put into words how he personifies our football club. 

the celebration for albrightons goal has killed me 

FU CK OFF 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

I swear the Vardy of then would embarrass the Vardy of now in a 100m sprint. In reaction, acceleration and top end.

I would take your thoughts more to heart if you hadn't mentioned reaction time, are you sure? Unless he has some kind of neurological issue, I can't see how that can be true.

You might be right that he has lost a smidge in other ways, but equally it might just be what he is carrying at the mo. He defo slowed down for a period in our title season, but that was a groin injury that the club tried to keep quiet.

I wonder if we could find his top speed and acceleration stats (if they have them) for the last few seasons? You saying he has slowed down and me saying 'are you sure?' doesn't really get us that far.

anyways, happy birthday Jamie, top man. Hard pushed to think of a better goalscorer for us.

11 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I would take your thoughts more to heart if you hadn't mentioned reaction time, are you sure? Unless he has some kind of neurological issue, I can't see how that can be true.

You might be right that he has lost a smidge in other ways, but equally it might just be what he is carrying at the mo. He defo slowed down for a period in our title season, but that was a groin injury that the club tried to keep quiet.

I wonder if we could find his top speed and acceleration stats (if they have them) for the last few seasons? You saying he has slowed down and me saying 'are you sure?' doesn't really get us that far.

anyways, happy birthday Jamie, top man. Hard pushed to think of a better goalscorer for us.

Reaction times slow in all top atheletes as they age, it isn’t even a criticism. 

5 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

That vardy also wouldn't have scored in 11 games in a row or scored that goal v Liverpool.

He was improving week on week at that level but showed no signs of hitting 11 shots on target let alone beating a keeper every time at that point. He' become a much better player.

2 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

Reaction times slow in all top atheletes as they age, it isn’t even a criticism. 

Just turned 31 is early for a big age-related drop off, big enough so that it would stand out to the naked eye, for me. Although maybe all the Red Bull abuse is taking its toll! lol Or he has come off the Red Bull cos it ain't good for you.

After googling, the latest bit of research I could find is quoting 24 as the peak age, with a gradual but slow decline from there (at roughly 1%/year), with a great deal of individual variation, and with practice being a big factor.

So we might be talking about as much as a 5% decline (if we ignore any practice effects), since he joined the club, and maybe a 2-3% decline since the record (his peak?). Average reaction times are in the region of 250 ms (thousandths of a second) to a visual stimulus, obviously footballers will  be a bit lower, say 220-230 ms. So you are saying you have picked up a change of perhaps 10ms, one hundredth of a second, visually, since he joined. I'm not saying that is beyond the limits of perception, but it is pretty close to them, so I take my hat off to you for your visual acuity.

Of course, you might be seeing something that isn't age-related decline, or something that is on top of age related decline, and is still causing a drop off. Tbc, I'm not saying that you haven't seen something real.

Imho, plenty of athletes deliver world leading performances well in to their 30's, in reaction sports. A good example is cricket, or maybe tennis, or even F!.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat

7 hours ago, Bayfox said:

That vardy also wouldn't have scored in 11 games in a row or scored that goal v Liverpool.

He was improving week on week at that level but showed no signs of hitting 11 shots on target let alone beating a keeper every time at that point. He' become a much better player.

I didn’t say he hadn’t. He’s much more valuable now to the squad ofcourse. :) 

Edited by SheppyFox

16 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

I think the first airing of both 'Jamie Vardy's avin a party'.

I'm sure that was Stoke away in the FA Cup. When I was at the Euros in 2016, some Croatians spotted my LCFC England flag and all started chanting "Jamie Vardy's having a party!". Absolutely loved it that randomers from Europe were singing that.

20 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Also love this one. 

My favourite clip of that goal

15 hours ago, Koke said:

Will miss this guy when he moves on

The celebration after his first. lol Must be down to his south Yorkshire roots.