Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

New Series of Taskmaster?

I've been watching the old series back recently. I'm up series 8. Whilst still enjoyable, with Joe Thomas' weirdness and Iain Stirlings rage, Lou Sanders ruins it by generally just being a bit of twat. I know they all like to play up a bit, being a bit annoying to Greg etc, but she's just a bit of **** and very rarely funny.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I've been watching the old series back recently. I'm up series 8. Whilst still enjoyable, with Joe Thomas' weirdness and Iain Stirlings rage, Lou Sanders ruins it by generally just being a bit of twat. I know they all like to play up a bit, being a bit annoying to Greg etc, but she's just a bit of **** and very rarely funny.

Am giving this a rep point as it fits my own opinion on Series 8 lol 

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I've been watching the compilations on YouTube on my lunch breaks. Great fun.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Stadt said:

Loads better guests than last series, chemistry between them is good for quite a similar mix of personalities.

It felt a bit flat last night imo. And it can't be because of the lack of audience, because that wasn't the case last series. I thought the last one was a good mix, will see how this develops.

Doesn't seem yet like there's anyone who will bite back and argue with Greg a lot, which has always been good in previous series.

Enjoyed it, few laugh out loud moments for me early on - I thought the one hand under the table task was great. Lee Mack was over scored on several tasks, especially that one! But obviously that doesn't really matter. I think Jamali will be the arguer and Mike Wozniak has the potential to be one of my favourite ever contestants basing it on last night's episode.

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Doesn't seem yet like there's anyone who will bite back and argue with Greg a lot, which has always been good in previous series.

I think this group seems like they might start to gang up on Greg. Would he interesting to see how he handles that sort of revolt 😁

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Samu said:

Mike Wozniak on the balloon task 👏🏻😂

I think he’s going to be one of the best contestants there’s ever been.

He's an odd one isn't he lol I can see him winning the series.

All hypothetical at the moment of course, but I've began to wonder what might happen to the show if Greg Davies  or Alex Horne ever decided to leave the show.

Would it be the end of the show? would they be replaced?

I feel like Tim Key would be a willing and able replacement for Alex Horne. No sure who could replace Greg though. Any ideas?

20 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

All hypothetical at the moment of course, but I've began to wonder what might happen to the show if Greg Davies  or Alex Horne ever decided to leave the show.

I feel like Tim Key would be a willing and able replacement for Alex Horne. No sure who could replace Greg though. Any ideas?

Doubtful - being as he created it, writes it and produces it 

21 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

I've thought this as well. I know some series have been a tad underwhelming compared to others but it's still great entertainment with those two hosting it. It's one of those where it just wouldn't feel the same. They know the score, they have the camaraderie and presence, the approach and attitude etc... 

I think it Horne left that should be the end of it at least for a while. His character on the tasks, not even just in the studio, is irreplaceable. 

24 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

With it being channel 4 it would probably be a Jimmy Carr or Jon Richardson type. Both would be different to Greg though. I could see Joe Wilkinson enjoying the power of being the taskmaster.

25 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Greg had said on the podcast he'd never leave, they'd have to kill him first lol

It's very little work in reality for Greg, he does the studio filming which is done over 2 or 3 days, that's it. He's not there for the tasks, he doesn't invent the tasks. He's the star for very little input. Can't see why he'd give the gig up.

Another hypothetical.

Not including those that have already been on, who would you like to see on the show? And also what would your future dream line up be.

I think it's hard to pick as sometimes someone you don't know much about someone and then they are great. I'd only seen Mike Wozniak on Man Down but he's great. Knew nothing of Mawaan Rizwan but he was good. Sometimes I don't think you even have to be a fan of the comic to enjoy them on this show.

I'd like to see David Mitchell, see how he reacts. I'd hope he'd get quite angry and ranty. I think it would be completely out of the comfort zone for someone like Jimmy Carr so that might be interesting.

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I'd like to see David Mitchell, see how he reacts.

Would be quite fun to have David Mitchell and Victoria Coren Mitchell on the same series. And to stick them with eachother for the team tasks. Could imagine Victoria trying to give away some of David's possessions in the prize tasks

Edited by TiffToff88
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Another hypothetical.

Not including those that have already been on, who would you like to see on the show? And also what would your future dream line up be.

I think it's hard to pick as sometimes someone you don't know much about someone and then they are great. I'd only seen Mike Wozniak on Man Down but he's great. Knew nothing of Mawaan Rizwan but he was good. Sometimes I don't think you even have to be a fan of the comic to enjoy them on this show.

I'd like to see David Mitchell, see how he reacts. I'd hope he'd get quite angry and ranty. I think it would be completely out of the comfort zone for someone like Jimmy Carr so that might be interesting.

Funnily enough Victoria Cohen (his wife) was one I think would be quite good. 

Rhys James would be great. He's got that quite dry sense of humour and disdain about him which is fitting for the show. 

38 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Another hypothetical.

Karl Pilkington, think he'd enjoy the tasks as he's quite hands on and would it'd be amazing to see him interact with others

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

I think Tim would be a good replacement but he would definitely have to spin a different take on it- cannot see him playing a timid kind of character like Alex. 

• 4 weeks later...