Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

New Series of Taskmaster?

Tbh it became less good when they started to design tasks that either had no room for lateral thinking or they add rules to the task to stop any lateral thinking. 

I thought last series with Mike Wozniak was one of the best but otherwise the ones since Acaster’s have been a bit meh

The next Champions of champions series promises to be utterly terrible. The line up has zero potential

They are all getting on a bit too well in this series for me. There's usually at least an undertone of competitiveness but that seems lacking for me. Usually cause hilarity when they desperate for extra points and gang up on each other to try and away Greg.

2 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Tbh it became less good when they started to design tasks that either had no room for lateral thinking or they add rules to the task to stop any lateral thinking. 

I thought last series with Mike Wozniak was one of the best but otherwise the ones since Acaster’s have been a bit meh

The next Champions of champions series promises to be utterly terrible. The line up has zero potential

It's tough because you can't make it too obvious how to get round the rules, but then you need more tasks that just allow creativity. Sit on a cake was one of the best takes this series. Simple task lots of ways to interpret it and the twist of the secret cake room. I enjoyed the sit on the red chair in the secret tower task last week, but as soon as I saw the task the lateral approach was immediately obvious. Stand on the disks and slide/shuffle around. The group tasks are obviously still limited due to covid and they are some of the best for causing tension and conflict in the studio. 

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

After this weeks prize task, I've just realised I've never noticed the contestants always sit alphabetically by first name left to right.

How have I never noticed that?

That was one of the first things I picked up on lol

On 01/11/2021 at 14:21, Footballwipe said:

Anyone actually enjoying/bothering with this series?

It's... okay? But I'm struggling a bit to be proper entertained by it. The group just don't seem that funny? (subjective I know). I've found this with all the C4 series now... we're going to be on the fourth season of Taskmaster on C4 after this one has aired, and my expectations of their next line up are, to be kind... very low.

I literally completely forgot about the series and I watched the first two only.came in my mind recently and have decided to give it ago again, this is up there with the worse tbh lol . I think the show got proper diluted when they made it 10 EPs and they don't really have big hitters anymore, it's a load of randomers I don't know and Alan Davies who I've never really cared for. Last season was alright but it does seem a bit of a tired idea at this stage 

• 3 weeks later...

I thoroughly enjoyed it, I get the drop off in quality of the tasks after over 100 episodes all of the best ideas are bound to have been done already, but I thought the contestants had great chemistry and I thought Guz was fantastic and I even liked Alan Davies who I couldn't be arsed with before this series.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone else caught the New Year, one-off special yet? Thought it was glorious.

Loads of laugh out loud moments, really good tasks. Chiles and Winkleman were fantastic. The audience being back and the closeness of the contestants together works a treat, too. Brilliant stuff. Maybe the most entertained I've been since it moved to C4.

• Like 1

I've found it's lost its mojo increasingly since moving to C4 IMO. It's such a good format for a comedy show, and Greg and Alex always make it watchable and LOL-worthy, but just not sure the contestants have always been the right bookings and some of the recent tasks have fallen flat. 

I suppose that's what happens when you need 5 well-known comic faces every series, a handful of VTs per episode and they're churning out series at a seemingly increasing rate. You start to run out of talent and ideas fairly rapidly. 

It could do with the production being slowed down a bit IMO. One series a year, and really get it right.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I've found it's lost its mojo increasingly since moving to C4 IMO. It's such a good format for a comedy show, and Greg and Alex always make it watchable and LOL-worthy, but just not sure the contestants have always been the right bookings and some of the recent tasks have fallen flat. 

I suppose that's what happens when you need 5 well-known comic faces every series, a handful of VTs per episode and they're churning out series at a seemingly increasing rate. You start to run out of talent and ideas fairly rapidly. 

It could do with the production being slowed down a bit IMO. One series a year, and really get it right.

Possibly agree with reducing to one series a year, but I'm not sure that matters too much. I think people massively underestimate the effect covid has had on the format with the style of tasks they have to do, the lack of studio audience etc. This recent episode was much more like the old days now it seems the constraints have been lifted a little.

Edited by Facecloth

• 3 months later...

7 minutes in to the new series and I've had to turn it off.

None of the contestants are likeable, can't stand Chris Ramsey and to say I think Judi Love is a cvnt is an understatement.

She's the new Greg Rutherford, appears on every TV programme going for no apparent reason. I don't even know why she's a celebrity.

Ah well, roll on next series.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

7 minutes in to the new series and I've had to turn it off.

None of the contestants are likeable, can't stand Chris Ramsey and to say I think Judi Love is a cvnt is an understatement.

She's the new Greg Rutherford, appears on every TV programme going for no apparent reason. I don't even know why she's a celebrity.

Ah well, roll on next series.

Just started it now. I'll probably stick with it, as I've not liked contestants before but enjoyed the series. I agree though on Judi Love, no idea why she's famous. Not sure I've ever seen her do stand up or acting or anything. The rest I don't mind although they are all pretty inoffensive.

Edited by Facecloth