Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

New Series of Taskmaster?

Usually celebs I havent liked before become alright during Taskmaster like Lee Mack but there's something really annoying about Chris Ramsay that I cant put my finger on that is difficult to shake off (its not the Geordie thing :D). Looks like he's probably going to win it already which is a shame.

3 hours ago, browniefox said:

It's a shame, but I think this show is going to die a death as it gets worse each and every series. 

Hopefully this one improves, doesn't help that contestants know what to expect and have ideas from previous series. Just not as good any more. Will still watch as you usually get a laugh or 2. 

It is funny how so many people say this after the first episode of a new series and yet it is still one of the most popular shows on TV. It's consistently enjoyable with each series having some really funny moments and some tasks that are a bit flat.

It always takes a couple of episodes for the contestants to warm up and Greg to pick up on their quirks and foibles.

I thought it made a big difference to the "bantz" that they were able to sit next to each other and have a few digs.

Still must watch TV for me.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

It is funny how so many people say this after the first episode of a new series and yet it is still one of the most popular shows on TV. It's consistently enjoyable with each series having some really funny moments and some tasks that are a bit flat.

It always takes a couple of episodes for the contestants to warm up and Greg to pick up on their quirks and foibles.

I thought it made a big difference to the "bantz" that they were able to sit next to each other and have a few digs.

Still must watch TV for me.

Couldn't agree more. 

It's still great entertainment. Some viewers may be bored of it, but it certainly still pulls in enough viewers for it to continue to be a hit. 

5 hours ago, browniefox said:

It's a shame, but I think this show is going to die a death as it gets worse each and every series. 

Hopefully this one improves, doesn't help that contestants know what to expect and have ideas from previous series. Just not as good any more. Will still watch as you usually get a laugh or 2. 

The amount of series and now 10 episodes really has stifled the creativity of the tasks which I think it's the ultimate downfall, the early ones will always be much better. But I also think apart of that was the talent in the lineups, feels like they're trying to make people now rather than them make the show 

21 minutes ago, Stadt said:

They should invite fans to submit tasks (or more tasks if they do already)

Tim Key is apparently a "Task consultant". I think getting more previous contestants involved would be good. I know Ed Gamble is a huge fan of the show, and a previous winner, plus presents the podcast. There's a comedian in twitter who name I can't recall who has ranked the contestants on different metrics, he is Taskmaster obsessive. They might bring fresh ideas.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Think the next series should be a best of ever contestants, rhod Gilbert, Bob Mortimer, kerry godliman, daisy may Cooper and James Acaster. All new tasks, that's what needs to happen to revamp it imo. 

Another Champion of Champions show is due! 

• Like 2

Just now, StanSP said:

Another Champion of Champions show is due! 

Already filmed apparently.

I think it should have been on before the new series tbh, as its for the champions for series 6 to 10, and we're now on 13, it won't be long until we are due another CoC.

12 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Think the next series should be a best of ever contestants, rhod Gilbert, Bob Mortimer, kerry godliman, daisy may Cooper and James Acaster. All new tasks, that's what needs to happen to revamp it imo. 

Thats a subjective list though. Some people might see others as their best contestants. And I'm not sure a full series of people who've already been on classes as a revamp. They have new people on every series thats the revamp. Sure it might not always click, that's the risk, but reusing previous contestants isn't the answer.

I thought it was alright, I think sometimes peoples expectations get a little too high. I see it as light-hearted easy to watch entertainment, doesn't have to be endless comedy but with occasional funny moments. 

I guess its difficult to keep coming up with tasks. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, tom27111 said:

They should just have Mike Wozniack on every episode.

Possibly the greatest ever TV moment when they gave him the fart challenge lol

Mike would be a good Alex replacement if he ever calls it a day. 

Seriously although if either Greg or Alex leaves then Taskmaster should be just canned instead of trying to carry on anyway.  

• Like 1

I think Ardal O'Hanlon was the highlight of the latest series, and probably one of the most naturally funny comedians they've had on the show in a long time.

anyone got a wishlist for the contestants on the next series?

On 19/06/2022 at 07:26, The Blur said:

Mike would be a good Alex replacement if he ever calls it a day. 

Seriously although if either Greg or Alex leaves then Taskmaster should be just canned instead of trying to carry on anyway.  

Doesn't Alex write the whole thing? The tasks etc? It's essentially his show, if he decides to call it a day, I think the show ends. 

Really enjoyed the most recent series. The two I worried about (Chris and Judi) were actually pretty funny (Judy was annoying sometimes, but manageable so.) Bridget was brilliantly weird, and Sophie was one of the best contestants they’ve ever had imo…

Dara and Munya should be decent.   I am pretty sure someone on here had John Kearns on their wishlist so a promising cast.   The only downer is Sarah but as we all know sometimes contestants can turn out better than expected or to disappoint.  

On 21/06/2022 at 14:16, browniefox said:

Doesn't Alex write the whole thing? The tasks etc? It's essentially his show, if he decides to call it a day, I think the show ends. 

That's true.   I was thinking of a scenario where Alex wants to stop hosting and to move behind the scenes or something.  

On 21/06/2022 at 14:16, browniefox said:

The original show they did in Edinburgh Alex was the Taskmaster not Greg. They wasnt a Greg originally. 

Since season 2 (i think) Alex and Tim Key set all the tasks. 

Enjoyed the Champions of Champions show last night.

The new Series has a lot of potential. John Kearns will be great. I really like Fern Brady as well. Sarah Millican will be a OK to she gets a lot of bad rep but a show like Taskmaster will suit her i think. 

Edited by goose2010