Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

New Series of Taskmaster?

OK, so I realise I am very late to this particular party (as usual), but I only saw this for the first time yesterday.

On series 2 now, just watched Joe Wilkinson's potato-hole-in-one VAR controversy!

Very funny stuff, how did I not watch this until now?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

OK, so I realise I am very late to this particular party (as usual), but I only saw this for the first time yesterday.

On series 2 now, just watched Joe Wilkinson's potato-hole-in-one VAR controversy!

Ah mate, you're in for a treat getting to binge the whole lot. Actually envious of people yet to watch it for the first time lol You've still got some of the best (and worse) yet to come. Joe's potato is a TM hall of fame moment.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

3 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Ah mate, you're in for a treat getting to binge the whole lot. Actually envious of people yet to watch it for the first time lol You've still got some of the best (and worse) yet to come. Joe's potato is a TM hall of fame moment.

Agreed with this. 

There's iconic moments in each season really (James Acaster melt downs, the hoop incident come to mind). Some more than others but it is a programme that consistently delivers, even if some series' as a whole haven't always been the best. 

• 2 months later...
On 26/09/2021 at 14:04, DerbyshireFox said:

Pleasantly surprised with Morganna in the first episode. Victoria is going to be fun to watch. She has quite an analytical brain which with some of the tasks you don’t get given the time to think. She’s going to be great taking on Greg in the studio 🤣

Never heard of Morganna before. Bit of a slapper but fun.

Victoria is slowly turning into a female David Mitchell with her delivery of some of her comments. Enjoyed the first episode.

Quite interested in Outsiders that starts on Wednesday on Dave.

Edited by phoneticerror

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone actually enjoying/bothering with this series?

It's... okay? But I'm struggling a bit to be proper entertained by it. The group just don't seem that funny? (subjective I know). I've found this with all the C4 series now... we're going to be on the fourth season of Taskmaster on C4 after this one has aired, and my expectations of their next line up are, to be kind... very low.

22 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

It's... okay? But I'm struggling a bit to be proper entertained by it. The group just don't seem that funny? (subjective I know). I've found this with all the C4 series now... we're going to be on the fourth season of Taskmaster on C4 after this one has aired, and my expectations of their next line up are, to be kind... very low.

Still hanging on in there - it's been shit but I like Guz Khan as a bloke and I mainly watch it because I;d like to smash Morgana Robinson. 

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

The tasks aren't engaging and seem very basic. Like throw an iron onto an ironing board ? Really ? It just seems really basic. 

Maybe it's covid causing it but seems all a little basic. 

9 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

The tasks aren't engaging and seem very basic. Like throw an iron onto an ironing board ? Really ? It just seems really basic. 

Maybe it's covid causing it but seems all a little basic. 

There's always been some tasks that seem basic but allow creativity, sometimes the contestants just make a task a bit shit. I don't think the contestants have quite gelled in the studio or the team tasks. It's not been a bad series but it is lacking something.