Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Should the darts and other sports ban 'walk on girls'?

3 hours ago, MattP said:

The company can do what it wants. I'm not the girls can demand to keep a job.

This is obviously politically motivated though in response to the Presidents Club party, the PDC had these girls walking onto the stage literally a few weeks ago.

Where have the broadcaster said it wants a change of image? Far as I am aware Sky have no plans to drop things like F1? 

I'm going by the articles that the pressure came from broadcasters. The difference with F1 is it is glamour, Monaco, Dubai, Singapore. Darts is a glorified pub game that is rapidly descending to the level of beery lad culture.

In F1 the pit girls add a bit of glamour, in darts they are leered over by beery lads going wheeeey. F1 is also a massive global draw and not reliant on Sky or any one broadcaster, the darts really is reliant on Sky and without it the PDC would collapse.

Still not seen a reason for the walk on girls to remain.

15 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I'm going by the articles that the pressure came from broadcasters. The difference with F1 is it is glamour, Monaco, Dubai, Singapore. Darts is a glorified pub game that is rapidly descending to the level of beery lad culture.

In F1 the pit girls add a bit of glamour, in darts they are leered over by beery lads going wheeeey. F1 is also a massive global draw and not reliant on Sky or any one broadcaster, the darts really is reliant on Sky and without it the PDC would collapse.

You don't think the women are being leered over in the F1? Seriously. (Doesn't happen in Dubai either, very Conservative Islamic society on the outside)

I don't even know where to start with the PDC nonsense there, the PDC is huge now and if Sky lost it would have no problem at all finding another buyer, BT Sport on Channel 4 show the BDO - PDC floor events sell out, the Premier League sell out 10,000 arenas every week, nearly a million people watched the PDC final earlier this month.

Sky helps sell the product of course but it would be hugely successful even if it got rid, the idea it would collapse is laughable. 

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

You don't think the women are being leered over in the F1? Seriously. (Doesn't happen in Dubai either, very Conservative Islamic society on the outside)

I don't even know where to start with the PDC nonsense there, the PDC is huge now and if Sky lost it would have no problem at all finding another buyer, BT Sport on Channel 4 show the BDO - PDC floor events sell out, the Premier League sell out 10,000 arenas every week, nearly a million people watched the PDC final earlier this month.

Sky helps sell the product of course but it would be hugely successful even if it got rid, the idea it would collapse is laughable. 

I’m looking at this from the point of view of the broadcaster. I’m not advocating pit girls and they probably do get leered at, it’s just that they are generally removed from the fans and don’t have a load of beered up lads leaning over the barrier within touching distance.

The relationship with Sky and the PDC is very close, maybe collapsing is an overstatement but sky has made the PDC what it is now and if they pulled out they could get offered the same money from BT or C4 but I wouldn’t risk it over a small matter of walk on girls.

13 hours ago, Captain... said:

I don’t see the difference. There’s not really ‘good’ dolly-birding and ‘bad’ dolly-birding (which I believe is the correct verb).

It’s about the presentation of women as decoration to the main event. Whether it’s F1 or Darts or Cycling. What’s happening is that the men are doing the important stuff: racing, winning, competing, entertaining etc. Whilst the women are just there to look pretty.

For anyone who has daughters, this isn’t a scenario want you want them to grow up with.

Imagine if every time City walked out of the tunnel each player had a scantily clad dolly bird on their arm. It would look ridiculous. It also looks ridiculous at the darts or F1 – it’s only that you’re used to seeing it at those events so you don’t notice how stupid it is.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

I don’t see the difference. There’s not really ‘good’ dolly-birding and ‘bad’ dolly-birding (which I believe is the correct verb).

It’s about the presentation of women as decoration to the main event. Whether it’s F1 or Darts or Cycling. What’s happening is that the men are doing the important stuff: racing, winning, competing, entertaining etc. Whilst the women are just there to look pretty.

For anyone who has daughters, this isn’t a scenario want you want them to grow up with.

Imagine if every time City walked out of the tunnel each player had a scantily clad dolly bird on their arm. It would look ridiculous. It also looks ridiculous at the darts or F1 – it’s only that you’re used to seeing it at those events so you don’t notice how stupid it is.

:D  If it was good enough for Georgie...

Georgie.jpg.1b90049a32cdc796f5c871b37ee9d2eb.jpg

38 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

I completely agree, but I can also see there is a difference in how pit girls are portrayed by their sport and walk on girls. I don't really care for either.

They should ban it purely because it's the most cringeworthy thing about the darts, watching some stunning woman walk out with a fat washed up old pig who wouldn't look out of place in your local boozer.

Also, ban anyone who sings:

- stand up if you love the darts

- boring boring tables

- don't take me home, please don't take me home

- yaya/kolo toure

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, indierich06 said:

They should ban it purely because it's the most cringeworthy thing about the darts, watching some stunning woman walk out with a fat washed up old pig who wouldn't look out of place in your local boozer.

Also, ban anyone who sings:

- stand up if you love the darts

- boring boring tables

- don't take me home, please don't take me home

- yaya/kolo toure

I can’t say I’d ever even noticed the walk on girls, so I really don’t care either way. But yeah ban the dickheads ruining darts with my full backing.

23 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I can’t say I’d ever even noticed the walk on girls, so I really don’t care either way. But yeah ban the dickheads ruining darts with my full backing.

Like most things it's gone downhill as it has increased in popularity, used to be a great day out, but when it moved to Ally Pally it started going downhill. It was always a big piss up, but it is now synonymous with boorish beery lads, rather than pissed up old men.

• Like 1

Sorry but I see nothing wrong with Podium girls, walk on girls, presentation girls....

I think we can go far too far, in judging what is demeaning or not...

Its more a question of the lurid   thoughts of the critics and nay-sayers.

like all walks of life, where opposite sex meet, or are bought together,

There will be the ones who respect, the ones who will chance it, ones will abuse it,

Why stop prevent a girl/woman, lad/man putting themselves forward has a silent even chatting 

presenting host.

Should we stop modelling..male/female, and the innuendos that follow...

Stag nights, Hen nights. Young men and young girls, are alot more aware, and there

will always be weak parts of the society, which will need our help and support, because of

abuse, but jumping on an hypocritical and for me an unnatural platform, to make ones own

unbalanced opinion on how people should, present or be presented is immoral initself.

Should we throw remarks like, handsome, pretty, gorgeous out of our languages.

Its not stopping something, but how we handle and percieve, respect  the people sharing our space

at any moment, or during our social and proffesional lives.

Some tried damn hard to get Rachel Riley, as our pin up girl, not because we wanted her to solve our

bloody problems with equations or numbers. The opposite sex, gender whether man or woman, are

great to look at....I didnt marry my wife cos she could speak 4 languages, its because she looked and

spoke sexy in mine....

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Like most things it's gone downhill as it has increased in popularity, used to be a great day out, but when it moved to Ally Pally it started going downhill. It was always a big piss up, but it is now synonymous with boorish beery lads, rather than pissed up old men.

Same thing has happened to the Chelenham Festival. Everyone who attended used to know their racing inside out, now you get coaches full of lads turning up from places like Manchester singing George Best songs.

Used to get 40,000 Irish there in the Istabraq days, sleeping on the floors of the pub and drinking all hours, great laugh, barely a quarter of that now as the lad culture has put so many off.

2 hours ago, Captain... said:

Yep, can't imagine anything worse than going to the darts now, full of fancy dress #lad twats off their head singing shit football songs from years ago that weren't even any good then. Convinced most of them don't even watch the actual matches.

10 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Just reported there will be no more ‘grid girls’ in F1 from next season

Thats me finished...Only watched cos I am a sex crazed wombat wanting to admire the slickform, and great

curves built for the slipstream and how the motor ticked under, those long straights and quick long curves,

competing with all those Diverse well tuned..........

Ooops,:blush:

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Thats me finished...Only watched cos I am a sex crazed wombat wanting to admire the slickform, and great

curves built for the slipstream and how the motor ticked under, those long straights and quick long curves,

competing with all those Diverse well tuned..........

Ooops,:blush:

Don't worry. There's still plenty of sports that cater for sex crazed wombats.

Image result for tennis ladiesImage result for beach volleyball

Bit not safe for work the third one @Fox Ulike

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/motor-racing/formula1/formula-1-f1-grid-girls-banned-get-rid-women-grand-prix-darts-ban-pdc-walk-on-eddie-hearn-a8187161.html

Interesting article from the independent, particular Eddie Hearn saying that they won't get rid of ring card girls in boxing, because they are "doing a job." I'm pretty sure that they can find another way of letting people know what round it is, if they really wanted to.

Good to see more sports moving with the times.

Doesn't really deserve to be 'banned', not sure how far it's actually been banned rather than just removed, but who the fvck cares?

"The girls enjoy it and get paid for it!", but they're doing a job that's literally useless, they're paid to walk up to the stage/podium and have a couple of photos taken, all the while no-one gives a shite they're there because they came to watch the darts/F1. I know of one Grid Girl and she's with an agency, and I presume most of them are, so they'll probably actually do some modelling work. If they can't get it, then they're probably not suited to that career.

I'd be more concerned for all those who lost complete employment when Carillion went bust, not for a woman who can't walk onto a dart stage and get paid for it. 

• Like 2

The people pushing this agenda to remove these women really are a nasty bunch of jealous self-righteous arseholes, I hope they get their karma.

24 minutes ago, MattP said:

The people pushing this agenda to remove these women really are a nasty bunch of jealous self-righteous arseholes, I hope they get their karma.

Politics around it may be murky but it's a case of 'finally' in my opinion. 

They serve ultimately no purpose, if Ken had brought up some story from the Social Justice Weekly about a bloke losing his job as a 'lunchtime motivator' whose job description was to stand at the water dispenser and make small talk and used it as an example of evil corporate corruption you would've laughed it off. 

The girls are gonna be contracted to a modelling agency, they'll likely get actual modelling jobs where they serve a purpose in marketing. If not and their only jobs were being perved on by a bunch of drunk lads at the darts or 100 metres away from F1 fans, odds are they aren't cut out for the job. 

It seems this whole issue is being used as a stick to beat Social Justice Warriors with, and whilst it goes too far sometimes, I think it's important to point out this wasn't instigated by them, it was a bunch of dirty old men at the President's club trying to save face. Perhaps you should target the old misogynists instead in this case...

Edited by Finnaldo