Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Should the darts and other sports ban 'walk on girls'?

6 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

That's a ridiculous comment.

Western society still has waitresses and actresses and models because normal people find them acceptable.

They aren't slaves, they a normal people doing something they (presumably) think they can do well. Which is something a lot of people struggle with.

Take away some of these industries and choices I might add, and you just continue to narrow the opportunities for people.

Perhaps the stupidest comment ever on here.

Generally speaking it bugs the shit out of me when people turn a blind eye to political issues or indeed support them because the ends benefit them at the expense of others, but I'm tired of getting angry about this. It's going too far in my opinion but it's not really affecting me personally.

I think this is for womanhood to decide what their future looks like. If there are women who think this has gone too far they need to take a stand.

I personally don't get much out of these kind of girls, I don't go to strip clubs, I don't expect favours from women for them to succeed, I wouldn't molest the waitresses at an event, I would stop pursuing sex from a girl I had thought was 100% interested at the most ambiguous anything-approaching-a-no, so none of this affects me. I'm staying out of it.

• Like 1

Couldn't really care less either way, but the attitudes of some posters in this topic is amusing. Suddenly women can do whatever they want when it happens to be something that they approve of. 

If the deplorable men whom attend events like the Presidents Club gatherings weren't such s***ts then I'm sure this wouldn't even have been brought up. It's completely unrelated and I'm sure the walk on girls aren't treated anything like the same, but It's just a knock on effect of gross male behaviour. Perhaps rather than calling out the 'pc brigade gone mad' people should concentrate their attention towards the route cause of the issue. 

18 minutes ago, Bryn said:

I think this is for womanhood to decide what their future looks like. If there are women who think this has gone too far they need to take a stand.

This 100%. It's for all women to decide though, not a small band of 4th wave feminists who think they know best for everyone and will scream and stamp their feet until they get their own way. 

I know some posters were half joking calling them "munters" etc but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if a lot of this comes from bitterness, there are some women out there ravaged with jealously because some of their peers can make good money out of the looks they have even when it's totally consensual.

Cheerleaders next? 

13 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Casual misogyny towards feminism in this thread aside, I agree with the general sentiment being expressed: if the women want to do this job and aren't being coerced, then it's no one's place to tell them they can't do it. If someone is willing to pay for them to do it and they're willing to take that money, it's no one else's business.

A bit like prostitution? (He said, arguing against his own earlier post) lol

1 hour ago, Bryn said:

Generally speaking it bugs the shit out of me when people turn a blind eye to political issues or indeed support them because the ends benefit them at the expense of others, but I'm tired of getting angry about this. It's going too far in my opinion but it's not really affecting me personally.

I personally don't get much out of these kind of girls, I don't go to strip clubs, I don't expect favours from women for them to succeed, I wouldn't molest the waitresses at an event, I would stop pursuing sex from a girl I had thought was 100% interested at the most ambiguous anything-approaching-a-no, so none of this affects me. I'm staying out of it.

Thanks for posting.

Just now, Parafox said:

Guess so, maybe it's a societal thing.

It's probably more religious. Sex outside marriage and that. All designed to keep people in 'traditional families' paying tax and not causing any trouble. There's absolutely nothing immoral about prostitution. A bit sleazy, maybe, but fundamentally there's nothing wrong with it.

13 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Probably a more valuable post than this is, can I ask why you've done that?

Being a bit grumpy this morning, a weekend of nights will do that to a person. I apologise. I was being a bit sarcastic, what with you saying you're staying out of this discussion but actually making a post.

Edited by Parafox

27 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Being a bit grumpy this morning, a weekend of nights will do that to a person. I apologise. I was being a bit sarcastic, what with you saying you're staying out of this discussion but actually making a post.

Staying out of the backlash against the discussion. The discussion needs to be had.

Has there even been much of a campaign from feminists? I've not heard or seen anything above the normal.

It seems like it has been a decision made by broadcasters and the PDC that it is time to move away from this tradition. Not because they have given in to pressure from feminist groups, just a decision to change things up. The outrage is on this thread is funny.

The question is should there be walk on guys in Women's events to even things up and have equality! but then the pc brigade should call that sexist too! the question is what do the walk on Girls add to the event. is it just to get the male audience members piped up or is it for a different reason!.

As far I can see no one has banned anything.  The PDC has decided that this particular part of the sport doesn't fit the way they want to be portrayed any more.  Some will miss it, others will be relieved.  This is a much better way for things to evolve than for some pressure group to get legislation.  Move with the times - individuals don't have to of course, but sport governing bodies must eventually.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Innovindil said:

I don't understand it. If these girls are prepared to make a living doing what they do, why does anyone else have to be offended over it. 

People are desperate to be seen as "rescuers". Even where there isn't necessarily a victim (as all the girls working those roles have done so voluntarily we assume and perhaps quite enjoy it), people will make a "victim" so they can be seen to be "rescuing" them. It's common place across society in general.  

• Like 1

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

People are desperate to be seen as "rescuers". Even where there isn't necessarily a victim (as all the girls working those roles have done so voluntarily we assume and perhaps quite enjoy it), people will make a "victim" so they can be seen to be "rescuing" them. It's common place across society in general.  

This is spot on really. 

All the real feminist battles have been won now, so the current generation has to resort to nonsense like this to try and convince themselves they have made a difference. 

Getting upset about women walking onto a stage looking pretty is the definition of a first World problem, especially when women in Iran are currently vanishing due to removing their headscarves in protest at a government in another part of the World.

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

This is spot on really. 

All the real feminist battles have been won now, so the current generation has to resort to nonsense like this to try and convince themselves they have made a difference. 

Getting upset about women walking onto a stage looking pretty is the definition of a first World problem, especially when women in Iran are currently vanishing due to removing their headscarves in protest at a government in another part of the World.

I dont agree on the equality battles being won, but this certainly isn't the forefront.

5 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Speaking from a woman’s perspective. I couldn’t care less about walk on girls. I tend to look at them and think “nice hair”. They always seem to have really nice hair! :D 

I'm just the same Suze ! ...         honest.

• Haha 2