Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Should the darts and other sports ban 'walk on girls'?

16 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

People are desperate to be seen as "rescuers". Even where there isn't necessarily a victim (as all the girls working those roles have done so voluntarily we assume and perhaps quite enjoy it), people will make a "victim" so they can be seen to be "rescuing" them. It's common place across society in general.  

13 minutes ago, MattP said:

This is spot on really. 

All the real feminist battles have been won now, so the current generation has to resort to nonsense like this to try and convince themselves they have made a difference. 

Getting upset about women walking onto a stage looking pretty is the definition of a first World problem, especially when women in Iran are currently vanishing due to removing their headscarves in protest at a government in another part of the World.

Nobody is trying to rescue anyone, there hasn't been a battle by feminists, this has come from the broadcasters. There has been no campaigns, no protests, this is not in response to anything other than the broadcasters feeling it was time for a change and the most prominent comments have been from Van Gerwen saying he has no interest in walk on girls and thinks the PDC want to be taken more seriously as a sport. The rest of the reporting on the matter is a load of unsubstantiated guff about sexism.

It is still funny how offended people are about this perceived offense taken by others.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Parafox said:

A bit like prostitution? (He said, arguing against his own earlier post) lol

Absolutely. The fundies and traditionalists can squawk as much as they like - sex work was around before their belief structures were and as long as it is entirely uncoercive and consenting it's a perfectly acceptable line of work.

28 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I dont agree on the equality battles being won, but this certainly isn't the forefront.

This.

Suits those who don't want those equality battles to be won though - people make a fuss about the small stuff and the bigger stuff doesn't get looked at in detail.

38 minutes ago, MattP said:

This is spot on really. 

All the real feminist battles have been won now, so the current generation has to resort to nonsense like this to try and convince themselves they have made a difference. 

Getting upset about women walking onto a stage looking pretty is the definition of a first World problem, especially when women in Iran are currently vanishing due to removing their headscarves in protest at a government in another part of the World.

Just because this is tedious in compassion to the middle east doesn't mean that all 'all feminist battles have been won now'. We are literally less than a week on from a news story about women being groped whilst at work. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MattP said:

This 100%. It's for all women to decide though, not a small band of 4th wave feminists who think they know best for everyone and will scream and stamp their feet until they get their own way. 

I know some posters were half joking calling them "munters" etc but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if a lot of this comes from bitterness, there are some women out there ravaged with jealously because some of their peers can make good money out of the looks they have even when it's totally consensual.

Cheerleaders next? 

they’re going to keep cheerleaders because it’s a skill/hobby so they’re not there just to be looked at. being fit isn’t a skill apparently. 

1 hour ago, David Guiza said:

Just because this is tedious in compassion to the middle east doesn't mean that all 'all feminist battles have been won now'. We are literally less than a week on from a news story about women being groped whilst at work. 

I think the '2 women a week murdered by their current or former partner' feminist battle is still on-going.

The 'being told by men that your battles are over' feminist battle may also not have ended conclusively

• Like 2

It's genuinely upsetting where darts is concerned. Seeing the contrast between a stunner dressed like miss world, next to a big fat sweaty bloke like Adrian Lewis to the tune of Papa's got a brand new pig bag is what it's all about.

What a sad day.

Edited by RonnieTodger

9 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I think the '2 women a week murdered by their current or former partner' feminist battle is still on-going.

The 'being told by men that your battles are over' feminist battle may also not have ended conclusively

Yeah because making sure pretty girls don't walk onto darts stages or work at seedy charity events is really going to stop the psychotic ex-boyfriend stabbing his old partner to death. 

Nothing to do with the often useless justice system at all.

21 minutes ago, MattP said:

Yeah because making sure pretty girls don't walk onto darts stages or work at seedy charity events is really going to stop the psychotic ex-boyfriend stabbing his old partner to death. 

Hmmm. This sentence might not be quite so self-defeating if you could bring yourself to call them "women" rather than "girls".

Maybe not all the feminist battles have been won yet, eh darlin'?

26 minutes ago, MattP said:

I'm trying to join up the dots between the points we've both made, and I'm struggling if I'm honest, old boy

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

Interesting to compare various incidents with Cycling's podium girls. Particulary Peter Sagan groping one of them at a presentation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40446989

In any sport, any dolly birds is just a stupid tradition which I think is embarrassing rather than offensive. It devalues the sport.

You mean podium women right? lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fox Ulike said:

Hmmm. This sentence might not be quite so self-defeating if you could bring yourself to call them "women" rather than "girls".

Maybe not all the feminist battles have been won yet, eh darlin'?

1 hour ago, Fox Ulike said:

Interesting to compare various incidents with Cycling's podium girls. Particulary Peter Sagan groping one of them at a presentation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40446989

In any sport, any dolly birds is just a stupid tradition which I think is embarrassing rather than offensive. It devalues the sport.

:ermm:  Awkward...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Captain... said:

Still not seen a reason from all these outraged snowflakes why they should keep them.

Because the girls enjoy it and get paid for it?

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Perhaps the money talks more for them and they just have to 'fake' the constant smiles when everyone glances/glares at them?

Edited by Wymeswold fox

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

That's not a reason, I enjoy wanking, doesn't make it a job.

They are not being got rid of because the broadcasters don't think they enjoy it, the broadcasters want a change of image. I don't remember the outrage as the older ones were being replaced with younger prettier ones, the older ones still enjoyed it and got paid for it, but got binned off for younger models.

Basically  they are employees, nobody gives a fvck if they enjoy it, they care if the job is relevant and offers value for money, if you are being made redundant you can't say to your boss "You can't sack me I enjoy it and I get paid for it."

Try again.

Edited by Captain...

3 minutes ago, Captain... said:

That's not a reason, I enjoy wanking, doesn't make it a job.

They are not being got rid of because the broadcasters don't think they enjoy it, the broadcasters want a change of image. I don't remember the outrage as the older ones were being replaced with younger prettier ones, the older ones still enjoyed it and got paid for it, but got binned off for younger models.

Basically  they are employees, nobody gives a fvck if they enjoy it, they care if the job is relevant and offers value for money, if you are being made redundant you can't say to your boss "You can't sack me I enjoy it and I get paid for it."

Try again.

The company can do what it wants. I'm not the girls can demand to keep a job.

This is obviously politically motivated though in response to the Presidents Club party, the PDC had these girls walking onto the stage literally a few weeks ago.

Where have the broadcaster said it wants a change of image? Far as I am aware Sky have no plans to drop things like F1?