Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

FA Cup 2018

52 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

The underdog baring it's teeth is what the FA Cup is about!

The problem with Sheffield United fans is a poor diet and lifestyle choices consisting of too much Magnet ale, Woodbine, Snuff and Greasy Chip Butties has left those teeth rotten and stubby lol

Shit,  just what I missed when I left the UK..:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Like Sheffield, like the Blades, like their fans. We're a mid table Prem side, punching perhaps above our weight and it wasn't so long ago we were where the Blades are and were dealing with being drawn against arrogant clubs that thought so much of themselves. I'd prefer to remember our roots and not let our recent successes turn us into massive arrogant dicks.

Sadly, I think, the league win extinguished any hope of that. We'll always have an entitled element from now on because that's all people will remember - rather than the struggle to get to where we have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Like Sheffield, like the Blades, like their fans. We're a mid table Prem side, punching perhaps above our weight and it wasn't so long ago we were where the Blades are and were dealing with being drawn against arrogant clubs that thought so much of themselves. I'd prefer to remember our roots and not let our recent successes turn us into massive arrogant dicks.

23 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Sadly, I think, the league win extinguished any hope of that. We'll always have an entitled element from now on because that's all people will remember - rather than the struggle to get to where we have.

In principle you are right but the Championship is full of arrogant clubs who belittle the likes of Wigan, Bournemouth, Brighton etc for having poor attendances. Full of fans who think they belong in the top flight despite spending decades out of it (Wednesday, Forest, Leeds, Blades etc). I would say we are one if the more open minded and and less arrogant fan base around. 

Also we are not a huge club but we are not Bristol City either or some peasants who should thank our lucky stars to be where we are. 

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Wednesday fans are worse. Trust me. They think they are massive when they aren't.

edit: I don't know why I put 'trust me' as if any of this matters lol 

I agree. They are worse. 1 League Cup win in 80 years and they love to trot out attendances from 1956 or something. Massive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

In principle you are right but the Championship is full of arrogant clubs who belittle the likes of Wigan, Bournemouth, Brighton etc for having poor attendances. Full of fans who think they belong in the top flight despite spending decades out of it (Wednesday, Forest, Leeds, Blades etc). I would say we are one if the more open minded and and less arrogant fan base around. 

Also we are not a huge club but we are not Bristol City either or some peasants who should thank our lucky stars to be where we are. 

Agree with you on your first point completely, but not on your second. The boos that all too regularly ring out these days at home games if we're not winning, coupled with the ridiculous amount of people leaving early whatever's going on during games now, show a dismaying amount of arrogance for me.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Agree with you on your first point completely, but not on your second. The boos that all too regularly ring out these days at home games if we're not winning, coupled with the ridiculous amount of people leaving early whatever's going on during games now, show a dismaying amount of arrogance for me.

Add in people going down 10 mins before HT for a shite pie and pint and thenleaving early probably results in them missing the equivalent of 1 game in 6.

Cue the traffic avoiding posts lol I don't care, it's their money and choice, I just don' t get it!

4 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Add in people going down 10 mins before HT for a shite pie and pint and thenleaving early probably results in them missing the equivalent of 1 game in 6.

Cue the traffic avoiding posts lol I don't care, it's their money and choice, I just don' t get it!

I don't get it either but I don't see how leaving early shows arrogance? 

Either way I would say we'd be right to be quite confident as they have a play off push and some tough fixtures quickly after the tie meaning they're likely to rest alot of their best players. Why shouldn't we be confident of a win? Of course the cup always has that potential for the underdog to rise up and win we all know that. But why shouldn't we beat what will more than likely be a championship teams reserves? 

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I don't get it either but I don't see how leaving early shows arrogance? 

Either way I would say we'd be right to be quite confident as they have a play off push and some tough fixtures quickly after the tie meaning they're likely to rest alot of their best players. Why shouldn't we be confident of a win? Of course the cup always has that potential for the underdog to rise up and win we all know that. But why shouldn't we beat what will more than likely be a championship teams reserves? 

I don't  personally see it as arrogance either, just mistyfing!

Back to the game, as long as we're not complacent it's  a great opportunity to make the last 8.

20 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I don't  personally see it as arrogance either, just mistyfing!

Back to the game, as long as we're not complacent it's  a great opportunity to make the last 8.

To be fair I was grateful against Watford the people next me left early. lol

22 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

this is great banter, too

"They were saying the same before the League Cup game at the beginning of the season, they didn't get much further after us". well we did get quite a bit further, didn't we. weirdos. 

lol really? Knocking them out second round and going to the quarters isn't going far? What do they consider far into a competition? 

22 hours ago, Marmite said:

If its on Friday then I would imagine it will be televised which will hit the attendance hard. Saturday or Sunday and this would of been a sell out

Not convinced the Beeb would want to stick us in their prime slot just because we have to play then. They'll probably pick another game at the same time.

7 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Will it be on television?

No.

Ties selected for live TV broadcast in the UK:

Friday, 16 February

Chelsea v Hull City (20:00) - BT Sport

Saturday, 17 February

Sheffield Wednesday v Notts County or Swansea City (12:30) - BT Sport

Huddersfield Town or Birmingham City v Manchester United (17:30) - BT Sport

Sunday, 18 February

Rochdale or Millwall v Tottenham Hotspur or Newport County (16:00) - BBC One

Monday, 19 February