Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

FA Cup 2018

Fairly sure it was Sheff Utd that invaded the kop back in the late 60's. Me and my mates were the only City fans in the kop until we started singing, then fans from all over the ground ran across the pitch (pre-match of course) to join in the biggest rumble I was ever involved in. Of course, we retook our end and penned the Sheffield fans into the corner near the main stand. Ah, good memories! Anyone on here old enough to remember this, or was it Forest?

9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Who the hell decides which football club is 'proper', and which isn't? 

It's an FT subcommittee.  Unfortunately closed ATM, but now accepting applications for the "club legend" and "world class footballer" defining committees.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lovejoy said:

Sheff U are a wanky little team in a blue city. Small club syndrome. Wednesday are a proper football club.

Wednesday fans are worse. Trust me. They think they are massive when they aren't.

edit: I don't know why I put 'trust me' as if any of this matters lol 

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

There does seem to be an unusual amount of dislike between fans of both cubs whenever we play each other. Does that all stem from 1990 & 2003?

You can go further back than that if you want cos Sheff U fans are not fans of the East Mid clubs full stop. 

3 hours ago, Foxin hell said:

Sheffield United Forum:

Some really pathetic comments in here, wouldn't like to be in the trenches with a lot of you and glad our management team doesn't share the pervading small minded loser mentality. Let's take 5k there and roar the lads into the quarters. If Wigan can beat West Ham and Newport can take Spurs to a reply we can certainly beat Leicester, a team nicknamed after an animal famous for rolling in its own shit, rooting through bins and getting ripped apart by dogs.
Let's see how their pathetic little clackers and whiny little trumpet fanfare sound against 5,000 Sheffielders belting out football's greatest anthem.

:nigel:

4.1 and even musa scored

5 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

No I think he's right - lost on pens to Lincoln after a 0-0 draw I believe.

It was 0.0 but we did win on pens.

are they really skint or something? non-league levels of "should get us a bit of money even if we lose" comments in that thread. they're in the championship ffs, they play at grounds the same size in front of attendances the same size as ours most weeks? going on in that thread like they've never been to a ground with a roof on the away end 

It’s not just us they dislike.

They are from Yorkshire ,they love being angry with the world.

Like Vegans you can spot one in a room in 10 minutes,as for some strange reason they feel the need to tell you where they are from.

Being the poor mans relation in Sheffield makes things worse.

( I don’t really care but they might be reading this and I’ve got nothing of substance to add to the topic)

Edited by cambridgefox

this is great banter, too

"They were saying the same before the League Cup game at the beginning of the season, they didn't get much further after us". well we did get quite a bit further, didn't we. weirdos. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Decent fan base but they've spent most of my lifetime in the lower leagues. When did they last have a sustained period in the too flight? 

Oh dear....!!

Respect football, respect the 4 leagues and the teams who Compete, then you my son can call yourself

a fan..

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Like Sheffield, like the Blades, like their fans. We're a mid table Prem side, punching perhaps above our weight and it wasn't so long ago we were where the Blades are and were dealing with being drawn against arrogant clubs that thought so much of themselves. I'd prefer to remember our roots and not let our recent successes turn us into massive arrogant dicks.

Excellent

• Like 1