Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

FA Cup 2018

2 minutes ago, stretch1965 said:

On there forum why do they refer to us as "the pigs" am I missing something?

Didn't we relegate them whilst we got promoted at some point, on the same day?

Something does ring a bell about why they really aren't keen on LCFC.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

6 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

They aren't calling us The Pigs, they are referring to Wednesday 

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

It’s do with the season we went into admin, they finished 3rd whilst we were 2nd and then they bottled it in the playoff final. 

They won the league at Filbert Street, invaded the pitch after whacking five past us. 

• Thanks 1

Read some of their forum and if they watched us on MOTD they would realise that we are better now than we were earlier in the season. Still need to take the game seriously and if we do we should have too much for them. If we don't turn up they can beat us as they will be well up for this.

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s do with the season we went into admin, they finished 3rd whilst we were 2nd and then they bottled it in the playoff final.

They won the league at Filbert Street, invaded the pitch after whacking five past us. 

Fifteen years and we finished well clear of them at any rate, would have gone up even if the ten point deduction existed then... That is one massive chip they've got going.

They're a bit touchy aren't they. Quelle surprise club 7th in the Premier League, unbeaten in 6 who've just had a largely changed side slaughter someone in the last round thinks they can beat a side from the league below at home, who they beat 1-4 earlier in the season with probably a weaker side than we'll name in this game.

0-2 loss.

I think this is a good tie for us to get, because its very winnable, but yet Sheff Utd pose enough threat that ill require a proper performance within 90 mins (wouldnt fancy a replay) to get it done. And theyll be strong enough opponents that we will need focus, but shouldnt (he says) be overly tested.

Had it been coventry or wigan, you could see either of those really lifting their game and it becomes a huge banana skin. coventry have an awful pitch too which if drawing them away would not help us either.

The only disappointment for me is that there is a lack of all premier league ties. we could have really done with the manchester clubs drawing each other or Chelsea, getting a few more big teams knocked out. As it stands youd fancy Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea all to go through and thats disappointing.

Anybody else thinking the road to this “winnable” FA Cup runs smack through Man City’s undiluted first team, starting in the quarters?

They can drop points in the league with little to no impact.  They can’t drop a Cup tie and achieve the triple -- or quadruple, which would make them immortal. 

They have a prohibitive lead in the Prem.  They’re a single match from the Canned-buffalo-piss Cup.  They’ve got Basel in the CL round of 16 … Switzerland’s best, but a side they should handle.  The whole geometry is setting up to flip the trend.  Pep’s incentive will be to play his first team in the later Cup rounds, and his squad against lower half teams (all teams, if necessary) in PL matches. 

Put it this way.  If I’m him, I’m rotating against us in two weeks, then going all out against Basel to kill the CL tie in the away leg.  Draw Leicester or worse in the Cup quarters, it’s first team there and rotate as needed against Stoke or Brighton.  Chelsea or Spurs will not have the same option; securing top-four for CL places must come first.  Plus the small matters of Barca and Juve, respectively, in their CL knockouts.

This could not be setting up better for Man City.  Very likely: beat their full strength, or no FA Cup.

• Like 1

If someone thinks there's not enough sensible/reasonable/optimistic/etc posters on FT take a peek at Sheffield forum, that should be a humbling experience! It must be raining acid 24/7 there 

Never have I seen such an overly arrogant set of cocks as on their site. They even run the piggies close.

tsk tsk tsk! we have ladies on here too you know!!

Great draw and I hope we'll stuff them

Edited by Chester Dontlie

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

Anybody else thinking the road to this “winnable” FA Cup runs smack through Man City’s undiluted first team, starting in the quarters?

They can drop points in the league with little to no impact.  They can’t drop a Cup tie and achieve the triple -- or quadruple, which would make them immortal. 

They have a prohibitive lead in the Prem.  They’re a single match from the Canned-buffalo-piss Cup.  They’ve got Basel in the CL round of 16 … Switzerland’s best, but a side they should handle.  The whole geometry is setting up to flip the trend.  Pep’s incentive will be to play his first team in the later Cup rounds, and his squad against lower half teams (all teams, if necessary) in PL matches. 

Put it this way.  If I’m him, I’m rotating against us in two weeks, then going all out against Basel to kill the CL tie in the away leg.  Draw Leicester or worse in the Cup quarters, it’s first team there and rotate as needed against Stoke or Brighton.  Chelsea or Spurs will not have the same option; securing top-four for CL places must come first.  Plus the small matters of Barca and Juve, respectively, in their CL knockouts.

This could not be setting up better for Man City.  Very likely: beat their full strength, or no FA Cup.

Great post. I hadn't actually thought of it like that but I think you've nailed it here.

9 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Even with a point deduction we still would of finished above them

4 hours ago, KingsX said:

Thanks for pissing on my chips! 

• Like 1