Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

4 minutes ago, iamafox said:

Like Man City need him anyway

But they do bless them they have a player out injured for 6 weeks.Instead of having one of their youth team step up they need to buy one of the best players in the league and then bench him in 6 weeks time.

Mahrez should wait until the summer.Keep playing like he is now and the really big clubs will come in for him.

1 minute ago, reynard said:

But they do bless them they have a player out injured for 6 weeks.Instead of having one of their youth team step up they need to buy one of the best players in the league and then bench him in 6 weeks time.

Mahrez should wait until the summer.Keep playing like he is now and the really big clubs will come in for him.

Agree with this, come the summer Real Madrid will be knocking on the door if he keeps playing how he does.... unless its 80m minimum hold on probably be better for the player as well come the summer, its only about 3 months away 

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

Agree with this, come the summer Real Madrid will be knocking on the door if he keeps playing how he does.... unless its 80m minimum hold on probably be better for the player as well come the summer, its only about 3 months away 

Problem for us though is this gives him instant champions league football and a certain Premier League winners medal (he only needs 5 appearances). His agent ought to give him sound advice but like all agents will just see a big fee for himself.

If he goes and I think he will then we should not accept a penny less than 90million and all of it upfront. There should be a first option buy back at say 5 million and get them to drop the buy back on Iheanacho.They're desperate we're not we should play as hard as we can.

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

you think his worth 160 million, 4 months ago people wouldve been ecstatic with 45m lets not get too carried away

I never said 160 million, where have you plucked that figure from? Quoted someone saying sell him as it's best for the Club! 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

We may have missed the fact that Man City will have to pay a big fee to the agent(s). I think could be as much as 10/15 mill. 

The transfer request means we get the  whole fee (whatever it is with no loyalty payments due to the player)

Tough luck for them or make the player pay the agent.

1 minute ago, sheffield_fox said:

bookies obviously aren't convinced he's going, which is a shame cos i'd quite like to win some money betting on him staying again.

death, taxes and mahrez throwing a wobbly on transfer deadline day...

lol was just going to say the odds are shit, they were better with the Liverpool story. 

Whats the best anyone has got on this?

Edited by Costock_Fox

Let’s not forget Man City had our pants down with the Iheanacho buy back clause, now might be the time for some pay back, I don’t want to see him go, but it’s inevitably gonna happen eventually so I’d settle for 75M no less

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, reynard said:

Problem for us though is this gives him instant champions league football and a certain Premier League winners medal (he only needs 5 appearances). His agent ought to give him sound advice but like all agents will just see a big fee for himself.

If he goes and I think he will then we should not accept a penny less than 90million and all of it upfront. There should be a first option buy back at say 5 million and get them to drop the buy back on Iheanacho.They're desperate we're not we should play as hard as we can.

He may get some minutes in the Champions League which is the big draw but as for the league they have already won it more or less so that will be no achievement.

I agree this late in the window we should be asking a premium. 80/90m would probably do it.

Man City are only interested because Sane and Jesus are injured, and they lost Sanchez to Man U. Given the way they behaved in relation to the latter - unwilling to pay the extra to get the player - I suspect that if we stand firm, they won't go beyond £60m and we won't sell him for that. When everyone is fit, Mahrez won't get a look in. That's why they won't want to pay megabucks for him.

My hunch is he will stay.If he has a great second half of the season, he will go in summer to someone like PSG.

I actually met him for the first time on Saturday.

• Like 1

If this happens and Man City sign our best player just so that they can furnish their squad with yet another mega money signing, then football continues to be ever more obscene. The whole scene is leaving an ever bigger bitter taste in the mouth and I'm continuing to switch off from it. I've not been down to City once this season and am watching less and less football on Sky.

• Like 4