Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCb0y

Man City make £50million offer for Riyad Mahrez?

8 minutes ago, Antoine said:

BREAKING: Sky sources: In the last hour @ManCity have made a third bid - thought to be for £55m - for @LCFC winger Riyad Mahrez. #SSN

Even more insulting than £50m

This has made me feel so much better.

The club will now say something along the lines of "90m or get ****ed" and Man City will realise that they don't actually need him that badly.

I say we reject this one and make Riyad sign a new contract with a 60/70m release clause so that he can go early doors in the summer with our best wishes but then it's not my money.

2 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

You don't think the most skilful player ever to play for Leicester is a top four player? A Player of the Year award winner? A Ballon d'Or finalist? One of the principal reasons we won the league? He's not a top four player but, say, Gigi Winaldum or John Stones or Ashley Young  or Eric Dier is???!! Give me strength...

There is literally no fee they could offer this late in the window that would tempt me to sell Mahrez if i were one of our owners. 

He'll leave one day, with the club's blessing, but not for less than £100M.

Dear oh dear.

Go on Stevey Boy. Tell it how it is. 100% agree. Although being Leicester I think we’ll take any offer over £80 million. 

At the moment they are just being disrespectful. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Go on Stevey Boy. Tell it how it is. 100% agree. Although being Leicester I think we’ll take any offer over £80 million. 

At the moment they are just being disrespectful. 

Just realised 'Stevey boy' is me. Thank you, er, Armey. That's the trouble with noms de plume...!

26 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

If this happens and Man City sign our best player just so that they can furnish their squad with yet another mega money signing, then football continues to be ever more obscene. The whole scene is leaving an ever bigger bitter taste in the mouth and I'm continuing to switch off from it. I've not been down to City once this season and am watching less and less football on Sky.

Same here Col, getting pathetic now isn’t it

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

The club will now say something along the lines of "90m or get ****ed" and Man City will realise that they don't actually need him that badly.

I say we reject this one and make Riyad sign a new contract with a 60/70m release clause so that he can go early doors in the summer with our best wishes but then it's not my money.

I'm sure they can cough up another 5m or even 15m, pocket money to them

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

i can safely say if we "make" Riyad Mahrez sign a new deal with a sixty million pound release clause before the close of the window he will be half way up the M6 before the ink is dry.

And if you mean after I am not entirely sure why we would weaken our negotiating power for the summer by putting that kind of stipulation in given he's here until July anyway.

They're kicking up a stink and hoping he does his bit to get the price down, the real bids will come in tomorrow.

• Like 1

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

i can safely say if we "make" Riyad Mahrez sign a new deal with a sixty million pound release clause before the close of the window he will be half way up the M6 before the ink is dry.

And if you mean after I am not entirely sure why we would weaken our negotiating power for the summer by putting that kind of stipulation in given he's here until July anyway.

They're kicking up a stink and hoping he does his bit to get the price down, the real bids will come in tomorrow.

Obviously once the  window is closed.

The release clause ensures we get a good price and it ensures he gets to go. He continues to put in a shift for us for the remainder of the season as opposed to sulking.

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Yeh and the irony being that we will end up funding the deal when they put the price of oil up! 

IN that case I'm definitely not driving anywhere for the next couple of days as I'm almost on empty and I don't want to give Man City and advantage.

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

IN that case I'm definitely not driving anywhere for the next couple of days as I'm almost on empty and I don't want to give Man City and advantage.

Might have to go and buy an electric car. I won't be part of the bastardry that is Man City ?

2 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

£60M wouldn't buy you Harry Maguire now. Why sell a genius, a difference maker for small change? Why would we?

Probs just me being a pussy.

We never seem to get what a player is actually worth.