Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Grow up and get behind Riyad, or: stop listening to the press and wait and see how he reacts on the pitch

If I were the City management, I would say to Mr Mahrez, "If you don't honor your contract, we will stop your pay, let you rot in the reserves and let your contract run down. You can leave in 2 years" If Mahrez didn't want to play for the club, he shouldn't have signed that contract in 2016. There was another former City player who was a big money transfer, Matt Mills (remember him?). He had an attitude that he was bigger than the club and yesterday he left Forest on a free transfer to Barnsley. His career is in a tailspin.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

He downs tools and refuses to play? I'm with you. 

Until that point people need to stop believing the shit they read in the press.

Journalists have an interest in creating a story to sell to you. They have motive to create this shit so you'll click their websites and buy their rags. 

Rob Dorsett reports as much sensational crap as the rest of them, that's his career. 

Riyad has never behaved in any way other than completely professional. 

Apart from last night right?

Not sure you can deny that when our manager comes out with a face like thunder and says he will be punished...

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Not actually sure this will get the rep you expect mate, this is the third time now, and it always goes down the same way. He'll suddenly turn up and play for a couple of months before a window, then be up and down for the rest of the season.

If this started on Jan 1st i'd have a world of sympathy for him... but yet again his reps (and himself) have tried to make it as awkwardly late as possible to try and force our hand.

We're going to have to get used to playing without him so why not start now?

lol I was joking about the rep points. That's not my motivation here, I really want to have this debate because I think a lot of football fans get ridiculously tribal and sensitive about players. We get butthurt and act like rejected lovers when a player wants to leave. 

Yet if you wanted to leave your place of work to further your career, you wouldn't hold yourself back purely out of loyalty to your boss, would you? 

The guy hasn't gone on strike, he's just filed a request to hand in his notice and we've not declined. 

• Like 1

lol I was joking about the rep points. That's not my motivation here, I really want to have this debate because I think a lot of football fans get ridiculously tribal and sensitive about players. We get butthurt and act like rejected lovers when a player wants to leave. 

Yet if you wanted to leave your place of work to further your career, you wouldn't hold yourself back purely out of loyalty to your boss, would you? 

The guy hasn't gone on strike, he's just filed a request to hand in his notice and we've not declined. 

lol I know!

But last night he did go on strike, as confirmed by his manager, who now wants to fine him.

Just now, AjcW said:

lol I know!

But last night he did go on strike, as confirmed by his manager, who now wants to fine him.

We had an ongoing bid, we were willing to sell, he was never going to be in the squad and Puel has said he'll be "welcomed back with a smile."

Other than the gutter press reporting his "close friend" says he's depressed, what grounds do we have to doubt he's going to put a shift in the rest of the season? 

• Like 2

We had an ongoing bid, we were willing to sell, he was never going to be in the squad and Puel has said he'll be "welcomed back with a smile."

Other than the gutter press reporting his "close friend" says he's depressed, what grounds do we have to doubt he's going to put a shift in the rest of the season? 

The first thing Puel said was 'we will see, some punishment' 

Surely that indicates he wanted him to play last night? 

Giroud played for Arsenal the night before moving to Chelsea.

And he could have taken a leaf out of Giroud's book in terms of professionalism - and yeah he will be fined and it wouldn't surprise me if he does take a week or more to stop sulking but who could blame him - he's been constantly told if a reasonable offer came in he could go and the goalposts in terms of our valuation has changed and that will be difficult for him to stomach.