Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Grow up and get behind Riyad, or: stop listening to the press and wait and see how he reacts on the pitch

2 minutes ago, fairbanksh said:

Susan Wheelan stood firm excellant

I feel genuinely sorry for Mahrez

Man City’s timing was quite deliberate and the worst example of transfer window

The morons dissing him on this forum have Little right to criticise club or player fans??

It has given Puel a big headache but good luck to him

Mahrez has and still is our most creative player pretty much of all time

Commonsense and great support need to prevail

I have as much right to dis him as you have to call people you know nothing about morons. Your no better than the so called morons you're talking about.

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I have no problem with him wanting to leave. But I have a huge problem with the cuntish way he's going about it. He's showing no respect for our great club so why should I respect him. Sitting in airports skipping training mardy sulks because he don't get his own way.

But hey seems some on here are fine with that. So how would he piss some off. Murder your mum?

I would never dis his football ability but as a person he's a spoilt cvnt. Sooner he fvcks off the better. I had forgiven him for last summer but he can fvck right off now

My point is, how do you know he's ACTUALLY going about things in a childish way? 

All we really know is, he's always been very honest about wanting to move to a bigger club, he handed in a transfer request the last couple of widows and so far he's gone straight back to working hard for us on the pitch when a move doesn't come through. 

We've clearly told him we'll allow him to leave and he's clearly been the subject of deadline day interest two windows running. 

I'm not sure he's done a great deal wrong that we can actually evidence. I'm not personally going to turn my back on him just because the tabloid rumour mill report that his "mate" says he's angry. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Hmmm I wonder how they will get him back onside??

New contract offer - same duration with a 70-80m release?

cant see him playing like he was and trusting the club with out an agreed release price in his contract.

so many questions about your signature

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Hmmm I wonder how they will get him back onside??

New contract offer - same duration with a 70-80m release?

cant see him playing like he was and trusting the club with out an agreed release price in his contract.

I don't see why we have to get him back on side to be fair. 

I'm not sure we've done much wrong in turning down a derisory 50m bid. 

If he can't accept that then that's when I WOULD have a problem with his behaviour. 

I have no issue with Mahrez wanting to leave but we are within are rights to get the best deal for the club. The timing was against us, I know it had a lot to do with sane getting injured but why not put a transfer request in a week before. What pisses me off is how these pundits think we just let him go with no time to get a replacement in. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He downs tools and refuses to play? I'm with you. 

Until that point people need to stop believing the shit they read in the press.

Journalists have an interest in creating a story to sell to you. They have motive to create this shit so you'll click their websites and buy their rags. 

Rob Dorsett reports as much sensational crap as the rest of them, that's his career. 

Riyad has never behaved in any way other than completely professional. 

Yes he refused to train and travel, before that hes been nothing but proffesional, last two days him and his advisors have been total twats.

Im really pissed off with him, id never boo our own player but i wouldnt criticise other people for doing so.

He's let us down big time and it was very avoidable.

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

My point is, how do you know he's ACTUALLY going about things in a childish way? 

All we really know is, he's always been very honest about wanting to move to a bigger club, he handed in a transfer request the last couple of widows and so far he's gone straight back to working hard for us on the pitch when a move doesn't come through. 

We've clearly told him we'll allow him to leave and he's clearly been the subject of deadline day interest two windows running. 

I'm not sure he's done a great deal wrong that we can actually evidence. I'm not personally going to turn my back on him just because the tabloid rumour mill report that his "mate" says he's angry. 

So he did not sit in a Paris airport?

He did not miss training or fail to meet up with his team mates to travel to Everton?

Perhaps he just plane forgot he had training and the club had a game.

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

I have no issue with Mahrez wanting to leave but we are within are rights to get the best deal for the club. The timing was against us, I know it had a lot to do with sane getting injured but why not put a transfer request in a week before. What pisses me off is how these pundits think we just let him go with no time to get a replacement in. 

Definitely agree with the second part. 

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

Start him Saturday. Don't let this drag on. Play him and give him the platform to prove that he's is willing to give his all until May.

i agree dont drag it on.. id be happy to pay him an extra 50k a week now we offloaded slims wages.. For all i care he can have an agreement/caluse written into his conract that on the 1st day of every transfer window we agree a release clause with what hes worth at the time.

the 50k will just make him happier and playing well for 6 months.

Don't agree with Finnegan really, I don't think Mahrez has been a consummate professional, he's missed domestic and international games trying to force through last minute transfers while under contract. I've some degree of pity for him but the club is doing the right thing.

It might be fair for the club to offer him a pay rise with a minimum fee release clause this time.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't see why we have to get him back on side to be fair. 

I'm not sure we've done much wrong in turning down a derisory 50m bid. 

If he can't accept that then that's when I WOULD have a problem with his behaviour. 

“City pulled the plug on Wednesday afternoon because their final offer was a package totalling £65m and they refused to go higher.”

What incentive does Mahrez have to come back and play well??

Get priced out of a move again in the summer maybe?

People says his on 100k a week on 1 hand (he gets that either way), on the other hand they rate him as the most expensive signing in the prem.

Thus making him also significantly underpayed by the players who have broke the Premier league Transfer record.

Edited by HankMarvin

48 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Not actually sure this will get the rep you expect mate, this is the third time now, and it always goes down the same way. He'll suddenly turn up and play for a couple of months before a window, then be up and down for the rest of the season.

If this started on Jan 1st i'd have a world of sympathy for him... but yet again his reps (and himself) have tried to make it as awkwardly late as possible to try and force our hand.

We're going to have to get used to playing without him so why not start now?

Bid came only two days ago, no pointing handing a transfer request before. Everybody knows he wants away anyway and anyone being a mad at him because of a transfer request is being a drama queen. Not turning up for the training is something I consider as more offensible although I don't exactly know how it actually works with the transfer dead line and what eaxctly happened.

Because he's the reason we can aim for a european spot this season and we're shit forward without him, like it or not. I have high hopes for Diabate but he's not going to fill Mahrez's shoes over night.

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

So he did not sit in a Paris airport?

He did not miss training or fail to meet up with his team mates to travel to Everton?

Perhaps he just plane forgot he had training and the club had a game.

What's wrong with him sitting in a Paris airport though? 

I doubt he was sitting there for his leisure, he'd obviously had an indication that there was potential interest in him and a move was a possibility. 

Likewise last night. I'm not sure why people think he'd ever have been in the squad if we were thinking about cashing in. 

If Vichai actually comes out and confirms he was awol and we fine him then absolutely fair enough, that's a dick move. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Don't agree with Finnegan really, I don't think Mahrez has been a consummate professional, he's missed domestic and international games trying to force through last minute transfers while under contract. I've some degree of pity for him but the club is doing the right thing.

It might be fair for the club to offer him a pay rise with a minimum fee release clause this time.

He was given permission by Algeria to leave international duty because he clearly had good cause to believe a bid was likely. 

I highly doubt Algeria let him have the day off to go pimp himself around Europe desperate to get out of Leicester at all costs. 

He had just cause to think Roma and Barcelona were interested and its fair to assume his agent knew something was going on. 

He let everybody down by not turning up to last nights game, which we then went on to lose. He should be given the maximum fine. Then given the chance to integrate himself back into the squad, but the onus should be on him, not on the fans or the players to bend over backwards and roll out the red carpet for him. I agree with the OP that football fans do get a bit too emotional about the transfer request, but there is a way to behave and continue to respect the club and fans that pay and support you so generously. He was on the right side of that behavior following his unsuccessful attempts to get a transfer in the summer. But this week he took the other tactic and he needs to win our respect back, going AWOL for an important game is almost unforgivable. 

This narrative in the media that we are somehow the bad guys for holding out for our valuation is also an absolute joke. Why should we sell him at a discount just to appease Man City's 6 week injury crisis, for a player who when not in our squad, makes a huge difference to our chances or winning as shown last night. If they came in on the 1st of Jan with a bid, we could have maybe taken £65m plus a player and had time to re-invest wisely, but on the 30th January what chance did we have of that? I think our club have acted professionally and fairly during this whole saga, in particular this week. Man City made two bids apparently on the 29th, which remained private, and on the 30th, in a bid to push the move - colluded with the player and the manager to coincide the public knowledge of their 3rd bid with RM transfer request. Look we go into clubs and buy players, so we can't get too upset about our position in the food chain - its how to system works, but Pep spouts off about not being a  cheque book manager, and not talking about other teams players and having to work within a budget, then his club use such cheap tactics which could well destabilise our return to form and have lasting effects in our dressing room. 

Edited by LittlethorpeFox

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Got offered the opportunity to get a free Premier League medal, play in one of the most highly acclaimed squads in the history of the Premier League for a manager that's somehow made Raheem ****ing Sterling look world class. Imagine what he'd do with Riyad. 

Forgive me a bit of shameless rep-point grandstanding but he's helped us get promoted, helped us win the league, helped us get to the quarter finals of the champions league. Just like Drinkwater, he had every right to look to progress his career and do so with our support and gratitude. That's football, folks. 

All he did was request a transfer. There's been no downing of tools, no flouncing off, no refusing to play, no kicking up a fuss. He was a consummate pro after the summer, got his head down and got back to his very best. 

Nothing to suggest he isn't going to do so again now. 

He's probably leaving in the summer and when he does, cest la vie. Until he does, he's one of ours and he's a big part of our push to get back to our European tour. I for one can't wait to see the bright lights of Tallinn, Kharkiv, Warsaw and Tirana in the tin pot cup. 

So please, stow the childish bitterness, stop buying in to the pathetic Sky Sports narrative that he's causing disruption in the squad, don't believe the melodrama and just ****ing support him and the rest of the lads. 

I don't blame him for wanting a move to Man City, far from it, but it was pretty obvious 'tools were downed' otherwise he would have been playing yesterday

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Got offered the opportunity to get a free Premier League medal, play in one of the most highly acclaimed squads in the history of the Premier League for a manager that's somehow made Raheem ****ing Sterling look world class. Imagine what he'd do with Riyad. 

Forgive me a bit of shameless rep-point grandstanding but he's helped us get promoted, helped us win the league, helped us get to the quarter finals of the champions league. Just like Drinkwater, he had every right to look to progress his career and do so with our support and gratitude. That's football, folks. 

All he did was request a transfer. There's been no downing of tools, no flouncing off, no refusing to play, no kicking up a fuss. He was a consummate pro after the summer, got his head down and got back to his very best. 

Nothing to suggest he isn't going to do so again now. 

He's probably leaving in the summer and when he does, cest la vie. Until he does, he's one of ours and he's a big part of our push to get back to our European tour. I for one can't wait to see the bright lights of Tallinn, Kharkiv, Warsaw and Tirana in the tin pot cup. 

So please, stow the childish bitterness, stop buying in to the pathetic Sky Sports narrative that he's causing disruption in the squad, don't believe the melodrama and just ****ing support him and the rest of the lads. 

Your usual nonsense I see.

If anyone needs to grow up it’s Mahrez.

Your right about the shameless attempt to get rep points part though.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1

I can't blame him for wanting to go to Man City- an extra £50k a week, guaranteed PL medal, probable domestic cup medal and potential run in the CL. Who wouldn't want to go? 

The fact is though, the way he and his entourage have conducted themselves has disrupted the entire club. There was no chance that transfer was going through from the start- too late in the window, no time for a replacement and Man City too far away from valuation. His actions have already cost us our biggest game of the season so far.

If he comes back in, works hard to ensure he eventually gets his move and helps the club progress, fair enough- I'll be behind him, he'll deserve his summer move (when we have time to get an adequate replacement) and he can go with my blessing.

If he mopes around and throws his toys out of the pram, he can get to f**k as far as I'm concerned. He's contracted to Leicester City, and astute businessmen such as our owners won't do a deal if it isn't beneficial to the club- that's the bottom line, and the point that his Algerian fanboys and certain pundits can't understand. Football is a business, why would our owners operate with sentiment in mind? They didn't get to where they are by giving money and assets away.

Not only that, he wouldn't get his big move if he doesn't turn up for the rest of the season. He needs to get his head straight- am I right in thinking he has the same representative as Coutinho? Hopefully he will use him as an example of how to go about things, and the whole situation doesn't turn toxic.

I can see him getting booed by a large section of fans (not by me) if he's in the squad on Saturday.