Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Grow up and get behind Riyad, or: stop listening to the press and wait and see how he reacts on the pitch

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Roma's offer was definitively too low

City came in with an offer with 1 day left of the January transfer window

When you take these factors into consideration you have no argument

the roma guy said that leicester blocked barca and man city came in the summer (pep said that). i think the owners told all teams to jog on and riyad felt like they (the owners) didn't keep their words.

riyad came in ready for this "mud wrestling competition" with his new agent kia joorabchian. he know it will get dirty and i don't think things will go well as long as the owners aren't ready to give him a release clause

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

I'm Gerard on this one. Fining him is a crap idea. It only radicalizes both parties and chances of finding a middle ground are gone.

We're beginning to appear under a pretty bad light in the media (no matter how unjustified it is) and it might make potential signings wary of us.

He's gone in the summer no matter what as things went way too far now.

Now it depends on the club to either get the best out of him for the next months and stay high on the table or go to the clash and see the teams performance going down.

Ah fck that. I was so happy with two games this week and it all went south.

I get what you are saying but then we might as well have let him go on that basis. In for a penny. He's as p*ssed as can be. Don't see how he can get anymore mardy. Not training, going awol and missing a really important game is a fine. Has to be.  Hope his agent explains acting like that is probably the reason he didn't get a move long ago. You don't have his stats and not get scouted by everyone. Major sides probably even do psycho analysis when they scout. He's doing himself no favours. And he's no Suarez where he's so good they take a punt. 

22 minutes ago, the fox said:

i don't know, maybe, maybe not. he though that staying another year (after the 2015/2016) will make sure that the owners will let him go for a decent price. and that didn't happen, he thought playing very good this season will make the owners soft (how stupid) and they will lower the price, also didnt happen. he now thinks "i play good, they dont let me go. i play bad, they don't let me go, so way play" (again, how stupid!)

riyad is a muppet, no one is losing money to make you happy

I am 1000% sure though. That they never told him they'd lower the price if he plays well. By all accounts the conversation was if they received a good/fair offer. They be set their price and nobody's come close yet. It's not the club's fault. The owners have done nothing shady. They have done absolutely nothing wrong. If he's to be mad at anyone it should be man city for trying to low ball there way for him when they never really wanted him in the first place. 

the club will lose big time on this. rumours will fly fast about the leicester owners being a headache to deal with (look at how we look at the sporting owner, imagine that a lot of teams will feel the same about the club). the club isn't big enough to recover from this. chelsea can, pool can but not us. we already have a hard time attracting talent.

Edited by the fox
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, the fox said:

like i said, he thought because he stayed for another year that the owners will give him a special treatment (how naive, unless they promised him that. which is also dumb trusting people who do business to treat it personally) and will be ready to negotiate a lower price.

if he plays bad, teams won't come for him and the owners won't lower the price, if he plays good, teams will come for the first price tag and the owners will drive the price up. so, damned if do, damned if he doesn't. i won't be surprised if the owners are asking for a high price just to fend teams off

I replied to another post just basically same thing mate. There's 0 chance the owners said they would sell him for a low price. They did however say if someone matches there valuation. In the summer some places reported that it was 50 million but back in December it was also reported that that valuation was made up by the press and well below what we value him at. So there has been no lies. 

6 minutes ago, the fox said:

the roma guy said that leicester blocked barca and man city came in the summer (pep said that). i think the owners told all teams to jog on and riyad felt like they (the owners) didn't keep their words.

riyad came in ready for this "mud wrestling competition" with his new agent kia joorabchian. he know it will get dirty and i don't think things will go well as long as the owners aren't ready to give him a release clause

What a load of bollox. Nobody is holding Mahrez prisoner , he signed a four year contract with a massive pay hike, nobody forced him to. He has made it clear he wants to leave and the owners have made it clear he can leave when our valuation of him is met , up to now nobody has met that valuation so he remains under contract to us. HE IS BEHAVING LIKE A BELLEND.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I replied to another post just basically same thing mate. There's 0 chance the owners said they would sell him for a low price. They did however say if someone matches there valuation. In the summer some places reported that it was 50 million but back in December it was also reported that that valuation was made up by the press and well below what we value him at. So there has been no lies. 

like i said, riyad thought so (that's just stupid)

what valuation? today iss 50 million and 2 days later is 100! just give him a release clause and get it over with.

8 minutes ago, the fox said:

the club will lose big time on this. rumours will fly fast about the leicester owners being a headache to deal with (look at how we look at the sporting owner, imagine that a lot of teams will feel the same about the club). the club isn't big enough to recover from this. chelsea can, pool can but not us. we already have a hard time attracting talent.

I think people in the know in football  will be aware of how good our owners are .As for talent not coming here, money talks and we are good payers.

1 minute ago, joachim1965 said:

owners have made it clear he can leave when our valuation of him is met ,

like he would trust them again lol

they don't have a set price tag, they will play with him to make an example out of him. mark my wards! but they are missing something, that's not the way to run a football club nor is it helping getting big talents

Hate to admit it but I do feel a bit sorry for him. But he's only got himself to blame - a) for signing a new contract without a release clause - what would have seemed like a ridiculous amount back then would easily be matched now (ie the 65m man city were offering)

b) for playing so badly last season. Clubs saw him as a one season wonder, hence no serious bids for him last summer aside from Roma. If he'd played like he has this season last year, clubs would been diving in for him, bidding war, and he would have gone.

We were never going to let him go on the last day of window for less than the going rate, he's kidding himself. Done him a favour in the long run anyway imo, i doubt he's got the discipline to play for pep every week, could easily see him being a peripheral figure there if he didn't hit the ground running/had a few bad games, given the other options they have

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

what valuation? today iss 50 million and 2 days later is 100! just give him a release clause and get it over with.

Mate, why would stories about Roma offering 32 million come out but somehow they manage to keep it a secret that Barcelona wanted to bid more?

Pretty sure Barcelona stated they werent interested.

58 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The icing on the cake for me was that ridiculous statement this morning.  Whole thing stank of a childish rant at losing out on a £15 million payout for his bunch of so-called advisors.

Sat on the bench for Peterborough, miss a days training, go on a road trip around the UK a day later, skip another game in the process, probably miss out at the weekend.  And the prize for this is

£100,000.

Well depressing that.  ****.  What a disappointment.

Well according to reports he's about to be fined 200 grand so no not really it's actually cost him an amount that would send nearly all of us bankrupt. 

Given you quibble about paying £40 for a PS4 game instead £37.85 I'm guessing you'd be one of them.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

4 minutes ago, the fox said:

Yes great idea as the release clause for Kante did not bite us on the backside.

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Mate, why would stories about Roma offering 32 million come out but somehow they manage to keep it a secret that Barcelona wanted to bid more?

Pretty sure Barcelona stated they werent interested.

make up your mind, mate. are believing media reports or not. or is it just nitpicking what we like

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

like he would trust them again lol

they don't have a set price tag, they will play with him to make an example out of him. mark my wards! but they are missing something, that's not the way to run a football club nor is it helping getting big talents

Sorry mate but you are chatting shit now.

The transfer market sets the valuation , the market has changed in the last few months, he now has a higher value.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, the fox said:

Who said 50 million? Because it came out some time ago he was never for sale at 50 in the first place. 

What would you say is a fair price?

Edited by ARTY_FOX

1 minute ago, the fox said:

make up your mind, mate. are believing media reports or not. or is it just nitpicking what we like

The Roma bid was true. Their f***ing chairman or whichever representative it was talked about it publicly! 

The facts are we have not as yet received a decent approach for him. You are seemingly blind to this

Just now, joachim1965 said:

Sorry mate but you are chatting shit now.

The transfer market sets the valuation , the market has changed in the last few months, he now has a higher value.

isn't playing good helped that value. put yourself in his shoes, play bad and the club will demand the same price tag and the other teams will be put off. play good and when the other teams come for you the owners will say "tough luck, add another 45 million"