Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Grow up and get behind Riyad, or: stop listening to the press and wait and see how he reacts on the pitch

7 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Making a comparison between Footballers/Golfers/Rock Stars/Actors and Nurses/Firefighters is ridiculous.

I don't know what you do but there's a fair chance that you may earn more than nurses/firefighters do, how would you feel if your employer told you you weren't having a payrise because of it?

Not sure what your getting at. My point was to someone claiming someone on £100k a week is under paid.

22 minutes ago, sylofox said:

What I do find funny about all this is every move Mahrez makes makes his dream move less likely. He will probably end up seeing his contract out with us. Then end up at Birmingham city on a free lollollol His agent must be a genius lol 

lol

Ive had the same thought! Who the fook is his agent? This bloke?:

cliffhangerI2.jpg

lol

• Haha 4

Maybe his agent should focus on convincing another club to pay the going rate? No good moaning that we haven't let him go for less than he's worth- why the **** would we do that? I believe the gentleman's agreement was that he could go if we got an acceptable offer- we've never had one. His Mr 10% needs to up his game considerably.

Maybe you should bin your agent Riyad? Love them or hate them, the top agents would have got it done.

Edited by Paddy.

This is a bloke that weve given an opportunity to from absolute obscurity in France, who knows hed probably still be at that level, whilst giving him global exposure, making him better as a player and moving him closer to a "dream move", and making him mega rich in the process by the way.

So all this oh yeah but look at what he did for us bow down to him. Yeah ok.

LOOK AT WHAT WE DID FOR YOU.

He has the reverse midas touch off the field in literally everything he does puts people off the dream move, and there was a valuation we put on him that wasnt met, so he has to stay with us.

Hes here for the clubs benefit, not the other way around. Keep fining him, do whatever really. If he has any sense whatsoever what choice does he have but come back and give his all?

• Like 1

Thing is he is a great player and we can't really replace him so there will be special rules for him.  Fine him, let him sulk and then bring him back into the fold.

A player under contract is a player under contract, they can fake injuries and be miserable but we can always hold him to his contract.  

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Got offered the opportunity to get a free Premier League medal, play in one of the most highly acclaimed squads in the history of the Premier League for a manager that's somehow made Raheem ****ing Sterling look world class. Imagine what he'd do with Riyad. 

Forgive me a bit of shameless rep-point grandstanding but he's helped us get promoted, helped us win the league, helped us get to the quarter finals of the champions league. Just like Drinkwater, he had every right to look to progress his career and do so with our support and gratitude. That's football, folks. 

All he did was request a transfer. There's been no downing of tools, no flouncing off, no refusing to play, no kicking up a fuss. He was a consummate pro after the summer, got his head down and got back to his very best. 

Nothing to suggest he isn't going to do so again now. 

He's probably leaving in the summer and when he does, cest la vie. Until he does, he's one of ours and he's a big part of our push to get back to our European tour. I for one can't wait to see the bright lights of Tallinn, Kharkiv, Warsaw and Tirana in the tin pot cup. 

So please, stow the childish bitterness, stop buying in to the pathetic Sky Sports narrative that he's causing disruption in the squad, don't believe the melodrama and just ****ing support him and the rest of the lads. 

There has been downing of tools, flouncing off, refusing to play and kicking up a fuss in the last 48 hours by all accounts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Got offered the opportunity to get a free Premier League medal, play in one of the most highly acclaimed squads in the history of the Premier League for a manager that's somehow made Raheem ****ing Sterling look world class. Imagine what he'd do with Riyad. 

Forgive me a bit of shameless rep-point grandstanding but he's helped us get promoted, helped us win the league, helped us get to the quarter finals of the champions league. Just like Drinkwater, he had every right to look to progress his career and do so with our support and gratitude. That's football, folks. 

All he did was request a transfer. There's been no downing of tools, no flouncing off, no refusing to play, no kicking up a fuss. He was a consummate pro after the summer, got his head down and got back to his very best. 

Nothing to suggest he isn't going to do so again now. 

He's probably leaving in the summer and when he does, cest la vie. Until he does, he's one of ours and he's a big part of our push to get back to our European tour. I for one can't wait to see the bright lights of Tallinn, Kharkiv, Warsaw and Tirana in the tin pot cup. 

So please, stow the childish bitterness, stop buying in to the pathetic Sky Sports narrative that he's causing disruption in the squad, don't believe the melodrama and just ****ing support him and the rest of the lads. 

Why sign a contract

5 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Is anyone claiming that Mahrez hasn't acted like a bit of a tit?

I think the debate on here is more about our response to it.

Not sure. All I know is if you don't agree with the OP you need to grow up. lollol I love being a child.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Is anyone claiming that Mahrez hasn't acted like a bit of a tit?

I think the debate on here is more about our response to it.

There wont be a response.

All anyone hopes is he carries on like normal so

a) We stay as high up the league as possible

b) When he does get sold we get the best possible price for him.

What would a response achieve? what would booing do? what would singing his name constantly do? convince him hes loved here and forget ideas of playing for bigger teams? So why bother. just give a few more good months hopefully then get rid.

It’s going to be an unpopular opinion but I think we ****ed this one up. Should have let him go. We’re in no danger of relegation and should get top 10 without him anyway, would have given a chance for Gray to really show what he can do with a good run of games during the second half of the season so we’d know if we should ditch or not in the summer, and I bet he winds up really downing tools now and forcing us to sell for 35, 40m anyway during the summer window. Nobody will pay £60m+ for a player so unsettled now.

• Like 3

Just now, Mad Dog said:

It’s going to be an unpopular opinion but I think we ****ed this one up. Should have let him go. We’re in no danger of relegation and should get top 10 without him anyway, would have given a chance for Gray to really show what he can do with a good run of games during the second half of the season so we’d know if we should ditch or not in the summer, and I bet he winds up really downing tools now and forcing us to sell for 35, 40m anyway during the summer window. Nobody will pay £60m+ for a player so unsettled now.

Wrong!

:scarf:

1 minute ago, Mad Dog said:

I really disagree. I think it's a safe assumption that the reason we were showing interest in Ben Arfa was as a potential replacement for Mahrez if he were to leave, but because it all kicked off right at the end of the window it was just too late. Gray really isn't in form at the moment and if he or Marc got injured we are suddenly really struggling - it's not about individual seasons, it's the momentum from one season to the next. There could never be a winner in this situation. 

Just now, rachhere said:

I really disagree. I think it's a safe assumption that the reason we were showing interest in Ben Arfa was as a potential replacement for Mahrez if he were to leave, but because it all kicked off right at the end of the window it was just too late. Gray really isn't in form at the moment and if he or Marc got injured we are suddenly really struggling - it's not about individual seasons, it's the momentum from one season to the next. There could never be a winner in this situation. 

There's no winner - but I do think we may turn out the biggest losers of all. I really think Riyad is too far gone to come back in and add much value to us over the next four months. It'd be a spectacular turnaround if Puel can get his head right and maybe I'll be wrong, I hope I am. But can't help feel he'll end up forcing his move in the summer at a cut price - nobody is going to pay the money we know he's worth - and that money could have been taken now and reinvested wisely in the summer.

3 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

I totally see your point but I disagree mate. The club did the right thing by asking for a fair market price. Would have been poor business to accept anything less. To be fair the £80m quoted is fair in this climate. Man City tried to have our pants down but for once it didn't happen. More pertinently, no-one should expect the reaction from Riyad (IF the rumours are true). You can be hurt and disappointed but still be professional.

Just now, Paddy. said:

I totally see your point but I disagree mate. The club did the right thing by asking for a fair market price. Would have been poor business to accept anything less. To be fair the £80m quoted is fair in this climate. Man City tried to have our pants down but for once it didn't happen. More pertinently, no-one should expect the reaction from Riyad (IF the rumours are true). You can be hurt and disappointed but still be professional.

We definitely did the right thing morally. No doubt about that. We can be proud we have strong owners that stand up to being bullied; god forbid we wind up like Southampton (and everyone else really) who allow players to hold too much power. But I think in this particular situation - I think we'll end up letting him go for much less in the summer, and I don't think we'll get much out of him for the rest of the season, so in the cold light of day we'll come out worse. Something to be said for feeling good about how we've gone about things though. I don't think we could win either way.

• Like 2