Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Grow up and get behind Riyad, or: stop listening to the press and wait and see how he reacts on the pitch

Have to say it's quite obvious that man city have made an illegal approach to mahrez/his agent to put in  a transfer request slowly to keep the transfer fee to a minimum.Even seen it discussed on the blue moon site. If this has been the case then you could say mahrez doesn't give a shit for our owners and just wants out. Thank God this has all back fired on him and those money grabbing oil sheiks.  Leave him playing for the under 23s for the rest of the season and let those players who want to play play.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The Guvnor said:

So he's not in the 'Right frame of mind' to play football at the moment, maybe the owners should be the same about paying his wages whilst he is wrapped up in self pity.

Pathetic churlish behaviour from him.

that's why they should fine him.

1 minute ago, the fox said:

that's why they should fine him.

...and make him see out the remainder of his contract playing with the U23's.. Our owner's have loadsamoney,  be great if they could teach him a lesson and take the consequences of breaking the terms of his contract!.. Ungrateful little runt! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, whitwickfox said:

Have to say it's quite obvious that man city have made an illegal approach to mahrez/his agent to put in  a transfer request slowly to keep the transfer fee to a minimum.Even seen it discussed on the blue moon site. If this has been the case then you could say mahrez doesn't give a shit for our owners and just wants out. Thank God this has all back fired on him and those money grabbing oil sheiks.  Leave him playing for the under 23s for the rest of the season and let those players who want to play play.

Another well informed fans forum, much better than pure guesswork and conjecture lol

As far as I can tell, Man City have played an absolute blinder here. They've made a vague, half-arsed approach for a player they don't really need and it's both convinced Riyad/his camp to throw their toys out the pram and turned fans and - allegedly - teammates against our best player. As far as the media and neutrals are concerned, we've quoted them an outrageous price and are essentially holding them to ransom for a player who's desperate to leave. Now he can spend a few months being miserable and they'll have him in the summer for a cut price.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

...and make him see out the remainder of his contract playing with the U23's.. Our owner's have loadsamoney,  be great if they could teach him a lesson and take the consequences of breaking the terms of his contract!.. Ungrateful little runt! 

he did for the club as much as the club did for him. without the club he wouldn't be the player he is now and with out him leicester would have not won the league or played CL and leicester would not have a poty award to it's name. i know people are mad but let's not act like he is the only one benefiting here.

£80 million for a training ground against £12.5 million for the last two and a half years of his contract = small change in comparison.

He didn't cost us anything so there's nothing to recoup, so screw him let him sit at home watching Soccer Saturday watching his career going down the toilet.

OR he could get his ungrateful backside back to Leicester and put some effort in and maybe someone will meet our valuation.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Guest said:

As far as I can tell, Man City have played an absolute blinder here. They've made a vague, half-arsed approach for a player they don't really need and it's both convinced Riyad/his camp to throw their toys out the pram and turned fans and - allegedly - teammates against our best player. As far as the media and neutrals are concerned, we've quoted them an outrageous price and are essentially holding them to ransom for a player who's desperate to leave. Now he can spend a few months being miserable and they'll have him in the summer for a cut price.

So theyll need him more in the summer then?

7 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

He has every right to want to play for a team who will offer him regular shots at the title and regularly play in the Champions League which is what he clearly wants as well as massively increasing his wages, at the end of the day it is only fans who truly kiss the badge and mean it. he needs to stay professional and do what he is paid to do and at the moment he is paid to do it for the foxes so non of this 'Depressed' b*llS#i; that him and his close associates have been saying in the press. at some point he will get a great move for him and us fans will be sad to have to let go of such a great player. he should know Leicester City have every right to get the best price that the club value him at and not sell him so cheaply.

Funny thing is, we have a topic called 'Depression', we've read it takes all sorts and for various reasons..

At this moment, that guy he mostly Relied on.  his agent let him down, and put him in unacceptable situations. Mahrez at the moment will be emotional and confused, not everybody is has hardnosed, as whiley all knowing posters.Hes had the wrong people whispering in his ears.

We dont know what was mentioned between him and the club, we dont know what he correctly or falshly understood. By his reaction, Hes probably so confused, even broken up,

he from 'Riyhad Mahrez's' side will be feeling simply crap, and down, not knowing if he has someone to blame, whether or who can trust...

This is not another "Payerl" situation, but if 

badly handled from ....agent-whispers/Mahrez poor choice/his family/ .The club aren't ,

understanding, but not backpedalling, though supporting, then we Lose our best player....

The fans, will be fans, they will also be feeling let down.I cant see any logic in booing or 

Staging a witchhunt.No matter how it pans out, we need to get the best of the rest of him,

We cant afford to have a passenger, in the selected 11, if he causes no further issues and

digs in and plays with commitment, then for our club, we go out and support the WHOLE team,

on any gameday....

I would also expect the players, as they do give a short wrap and some sharp opinions,

but also embrace him and say ok lets get on with it.....

They will tell Puel their thoughts, and if Riyhad has their trust....

because all in all thats what will count...to finish on an high .

Is this guy for real? Not mentally ready? He plays football for a living ffs and earns more money in a week than most do in five years. He’s embarrassing himself and it is a complete insult to everyone who has to go out and work a proper job 40/50 hours a week. This guy needs to get over himself. A complete insult to the fans who pay their hard earned.

Edited by Joefox
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Guest said:

This.  Unfortunately spot on.

23 minutes ago, Guest said:

Unless another team comes in for him.

12 minutes ago, Joefox said:

Is this guy for real? Not mentally ready? He plays football for a living ffs and earns more money in a week than most do in five years. He’s embarrassing himself and it is a complete insult to everyone who has to go out and work a proper job 40/50 hours a week. This guy needs to get over himself. 

Yeah it's stuff like this that especially grates on those of us who work for a living..lol.  A 26 year old acting like he's about 11. Good luck to the club sorting this mess out.  If this were occuring in my city, he'd be getting crucified by the local talk media and they'd in turn- turn the fans against him and then it would get real ugly...uglier still if the team struggles at the same time.  It doesn't happen as much these days because the players make so much money they have PR pro's on retainer to help guide them through stuff like this .  Guessing Riyad and his agent have been pretty much on their own here.

Edited by TeaMen Tom
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

Are you sure about that?

Are you? 

Everyone is incredibly keen to believe every little rumour and bullshit story they hear on Sky sports. 

I'm a lot more interested in how he plays on the pitch and I don't think he's ever really sulked after not being sold. 

• Like 1

Mahrez needs to grow up. It is as simple as that. He plays football for a living. PLAYS!  Most of us work our butts off all year for way less than he makes in a week. WORK. 

Imagine if you rang rang your boss in the morning and said you could t come in to work because mentally you weren’t in the right place. Fuch me backwards. 

Its KICKING a FUCHING football Riyad. You’re not landing a man on the moon or conducting heart surgery. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Are you? 

Everyone is incredibly keen to believe every little rumour and bullshit story they hear on Sky sports. 

I'm a lot more interested in how he plays on the pitch and I don't think he's ever really sulked after not being sold. 

Except his close friend aka agent has said he is depressed at the moment re the situation and he cant think about football lol

33 minutes ago, Guest said:

That remains to be seen. Player prices will continue to increase up until this summer, there's a common theme there. I don't believe he'll be sold for less than £65m.

I'm not even sure the owners and the management were so opposed to a move for the £65m mentioned as the last amount Manchester City were open to discuss yesterday, it may well be that the timing was the decisive factor (both on Riyad's and Manchester City's behalf) - that and the lack of a formal offer.

30 minutes ago, Donut said:

So theyll need him more in the summer then?

No idea, but if he's available at a low-ish price then it's something of a no-brainer for them and Riyad I'd have thought. He gets his move to a top club under a top manager, they get a proven game changer to rotate with their other options. Pure guesswork on my part, obviously

10 minutes ago, SpinneyHillRanger said:

Thai owners promised him he could leave if he stayed for the champions league season.

So I think we have gone against our word here. We should've taken the 60 mil and let him go

We've not gone against our word though as there's a big caveat. The transfer fee.