Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Grow up and get behind Riyad, or: stop listening to the press and wait and see how he reacts on the pitch

2 hours ago, Chico1958 said:

I'm not a religous man, however my parents were, this is part of my favourite stories when I was little

“When he came to his senses, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired servants.So he got up and went to his father.

“But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.

“The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’

“But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet.Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let’s have a feast and celebrate. For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate.]

“Meanwhile, the older son was in the field. When he came near the house, he heard music and dancing. So he called one of the servants and asked him what was going on.‘Your brother has come,’ he replied, ‘and your father has killed the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound.’

“The older brother became angry and refused to go in. So his father went out and pleaded with him.But he answered his father, ‘Look! All these years I’ve been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends. But when this son of yours who has squandered your property with prostitutes comes home, you kill the fattened calf for him!’

“‘My son,’ the father said, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’”

This whole episode reminded me of it, that's all.

Wait - so we're signing his brother? :huh:

Is he any good?

40 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

They aren’t so rich after all

MAHREZ 

You can’t afford Mahrez 

you can’t afford Mahrez 

You can’t afford Mahrez 

MAHREZ 

You Can’t afford Mahrez 

You can’t afford Mahrez 

You can’t afford Mahrez 

MAHREZ ...........

Which is guaranteed to lead to their chant about ranieri and us stabbing him in the back ........

My take is that he's played the depression card and theres not a ****ing thing the club can do about it.

Even if they fined him it could easily be discrimination.

As a sufferer myself i dont use the phrase "playing the depression card" lightly but it is nigh on impossible to prove, as there is "medical depression" (which at it's worst case could be termed "clinical" depression?, which would likely be a lifelong bedfellow, that needs monitoring, controlling, and treating (medication et al) and then what ive had to learn, there is also justifiable depression, where the circumstances dictate that even a "non-sufferer" would feel "medical depression" symptoms just brought on by shit circumstances. This can also be treated in exactly the same way and could easily be a total one off and they never have another "bout"

Having had shit times at work myself, feeling trapped etc and wanting better (and made worse if it is of your own doing - ie signing a contract with no release clause) this has certainly triggered a downward spiral for me at times, and speaking to others who have suffered one off bouts, this is often the cause for them as well.

Whether you agree with whether it is justfiable, there is often no proof and the club have played it right as the model employer, whether they did so willingly or under duress on advice.

If it really was depression of either sort, the clubs treatment appears the best chance of him getting back to form for us.

If it wasn't, we cant prove shit anyway and he has played with taboo subjects to get what he wants.

Its certainly the beginning of the end of our relationship at the very least.

If puel chooses to get him involved he gets my support because,

1. On the chance it was real, its the rifht thing to do,

And 2. If it wasnt, because its still the best we could do with the hand we've been dealt.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joefox said:

Everyone is too quick to forgive him cos he’s said what the fans want to hear in a carefully worded statement. Once we know if his ‘absence’ was authorised or not then we can talk. 

I’m not forgiving the Mardy Little cvnt. Not until he wins us European qualification and the FA Cup. Failure on either front and he will remain as nothing to me. I will beat him with my shoe (little nod to our Algerian friends there).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, the fox said:

Come on,man!  The club was here before riyad and when he leaves the club will still exist. He is seen by the majority as the most skillful player in the history of the club and for me and other fans, the best ever. Let's just leave it at that. 

Yeah right! No one argues that aspect ... but there is "exists" and "exists" .. and you get me very well there .. I am sure ;) 

Anyways, I pointed just to the recent time lapse during which he was AWOL (according to the media and to the "connaisseurs" on here (lol)), and where the whole house was for sale .. lloll! 

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Ah right, so he's been in training for the last 10 games and played against Everton and Swansea did he?

Or maybe you think the absence was brought on by genuine reasons which the club just chose to keep quiet to build this media storm and fan displeasure even further?

Or perhaps he was given time away from the club but they chose to just keep it quiet and make their best player look like a petulant child and jeopardise their chances of victory against West Brom and Swansea?

Alternatively, the club had an interested party not willing to pay the required amount and cratfed this situation to paint him as a bad apple in order to put suitors off and potentially drive down the value of a player whose asking price isn't being met currently?

Speculation, right? Unless any given situation is confirmed 100% then we shouldn't possibly deduce what might have happened from what appears to be most likely, huh?!

So sorry Sherlock...

But I prefer Columbo....

One can deduce as much one Likes,but pushing ones Version,without any knowledge what so ever

is just delusion,but you carry on deducing.

I wait for the facts,even when I enjoy the speculative banter, before I question the Clubs or players

approach. Isnt it this Same questionable deduction we criticise  the Media for...HUH¡!!!..:P

3 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

Vardy, N'Didi and possibly Diabate are all talented in their positions - the first two being far more consistent. Playing Mahrez tomorrow could play tricks with his head. Would be good to see him pulling out all the stops - but if he's a passenger....

But Just Imagine,He does Play,and he and City Put in a performance....it could Go awry,

but isnt it that thought,what Dreams are Made of.

He Just might be a stronger Character,than what we give Credit for,especially when he

goes over that whitewash,on his  Stage,

and Feeling that those 90minutes,is his reason why...if He gets the team believing him.

Nice thoughts eh???!

3 hours ago, Lionheart10 said:

People should be cheering if he scores,not because he has scored but because Leicester have scored.He is a W***er now and he will still be a W***er after he has scored.

Isnt it His W*** that give the Fans an Orgasm.

I went Out with a posh Girl once, 

she always screamed Out, I am arriving, ooohhh I am arriving..

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

He is ephemeral by nature - I, for one, would welcome a star performance. Roll on tomorrow. BTW - aren't your fingertips sore? I'm thinking of writing something deliberately provocative - just to get barred and get a rest :rolleyes:.

No I have a butler who does my typing...:D