Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Grow up and get behind Riyad, or: stop listening to the press and wait and see how he reacts on the pitch

He won't be starting tomorrow. Might make subs bench. He's seems to have come across as a twat for various reasons but just get off his back for the rest of the season. We're a better side with him. He'll probably be gone in the summer so let's just support what is best for Leicester City.

31 minutes ago, the fox said:

Come on,man!  The club was here before riyad and when he leaves the club will still exist. He is seen by the majority as the most skillful player in the history of the club and for me and other fans, the best ever. Let's just leave it at that. 

Hang on there mate. Some of us were around in the Worthington,Weller era !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Amazing how many people are willing to turn a blind eye based on the fact that he's our best player. Imagine if this was Simpson who'd acted like this or Albrighton...

Should he be involved tomorrow?

Absolutely not. If the power is ever to shift back to clubs from players then Mahrez has to be punished for his antics of the last 10 days. If, by some unlikely miracle, the club authorised this absence then someone needs sacking.

The statement from Mahrez is absolutely pathetic. No apology or explanation for the fact he's missed three important matches and two weeks of training but instead a feeble attempt to pass the buck and blame others for the stories that have appeared in the national press for the last couple of weeks. Exactly the kind of petulance and lack of ownership over his own decisions that created this situation.

If the stories in the news were so wide of the mark then there was a simple solution to put an end to them: get back to doing the job he's paid handsomely to do.

Fine him, sideline him, boo him. If you are happy to just let Mahrez stroll back into the side as if nothing's happened then you're part of the problem.

I'm more than happy to let him stroll back into the side. He is one of the best players the club has ever had, so I want him playing as soon as possible. If he performs on the pitch then I don't really care what went on. 

28 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Amazing how many people are willing to turn a blind eye based on the fact that he's our best player. Imagine if this was Simpson who'd acted like this or Albrighton...

Should he be involved tomorrow?

Absolutely not. If the power is ever to shift back to clubs from players then Mahrez has to be punished for his antics of the last 10 days. If, by some unlikely miracle, the club authorised this absence then someone needs sacking.

The statement from Mahrez is absolutely pathetic. No apology or explanation for the fact he's missed three important matches and two weeks of training but instead a feeble attempt to pass the buck and blame others for the stories that have appeared in the national press for the last couple of weeks. Exactly the kind of petulance and lack of ownership over his own decisions that created this situation.

If the stories in the news were so wide of the mark then there was a simple solution to put an end to them: get back to doing the job he's paid handsomely to do.

Fine him, sideline him, boo him. If you are happy to just let Mahrez stroll back into the side as if nothing's happened then you're part of the problem.

Again,another building opinion in ones  own speculation..

Anyone fancy getting this going tomorrow (Duran Duran Rio tune)?

Open to suggestions that might improve the lyrics.

His name is Riyad the most skilful in the land
So Pep's poor offer was rejected out of hand
And when he shines he really shows you all he can
Oh Riyad, Riyad we all hope you understand

7 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Anyone fancy getting this going tomorrow (Duran Duran Rio tune)?

Open to suggestions that might improve the lyrics.

His name is Riyad the most skilful in the land
So Pep's poor offer was rejected out of hand
And when he shines he really shows you all he can
Oh Riyad, Riyad we all hope you understand

You could do. Alternatively you could get yersen a fookin life.

lol

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Again,another building opinion in ones  own speculation..

Ah right, so he's been in training for the last 10 games and played against Everton and Swansea did he?

Or maybe you think the absence was brought on by genuine reasons which the club just chose to keep quiet to build this media storm and fan displeasure even further?

Or perhaps he was given time away from the club but they chose to just keep it quiet and make their best player look like a petulant child and jeopardise their chances of victory against West Brom and Swansea?

Alternatively, the club had an interested party not willing to pay the required amount and cratfed this situation to paint him as a bad apple in order to put suitors off and potentially drive down the value of a player whose asking price isn't being met currently?

Speculation, right? Unless any given situation is confirmed 100% then we shouldn't possibly deduce what might have happened from what appears to be most likely, huh?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like all of us proper fans want the club to do as well as we possibly can this season and further down the line by getting into Europe and our chances of this are significantly maximised with Mahrez in the team but only if he plays with the commitment he’s shown this season otherwise we will get last season’s Mahrez which will make me unable to ever fully forgive him for downing tools. If he’s willing to give his all though then I will get behind him! Tomorrow is the wrong game for him though for obvious reasons. Regardless I think his legacy here has taken a hit because of this

10 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Who thinks Riyad will go in the summer? What if anything have the club said they'll let him go for I wonder?

Yeah I wonder whether they’ll stick by the £90m they demanded on deadline day. That might’ve been an inflated price because of the lack of time to replace him and sources did say that it would have take a “crazy” offer for the club to let him go on deadline day