Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Grow up and get behind Riyad, or: stop listening to the press and wait and see how he reacts on the pitch

I'm not a religous man, however my parents were, this is part of my favourite stories when I was little

“When he came to his senses, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired servants.So he got up and went to his father.

“But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.

“The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’

“But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet.Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let’s have a feast and celebrate. For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate.]

“Meanwhile, the older son was in the field. When he came near the house, he heard music and dancing. So he called one of the servants and asked him what was going on.‘Your brother has come,’ he replied, ‘and your father has killed the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound.’

“The older brother became angry and refused to go in. So his father went out and pleaded with him.But he answered his father, ‘Look! All these years I’ve been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends. But when this son of yours who has squandered your property with prostitutes comes home, you kill the fattened calf for him!’

“‘My son,’ the father said, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’”

This whole episode reminded me of it, that's all.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jamfox said:

That is simply a good point and it could make a big pull on his replacement and other players wanting to play in European cups when we are in the summer market. we need to aim high surley?

Absolutely. More chance of a good replacement, or less chance of Mahrez acting like a child if nobody meets our valuation again lol

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

important -  since riyad went missing, the only team mate he has been able to speak with is benny!!!

So that’s where Riyad’s statement came from then. Benny told him to stop to tell bullshit

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

People will believe whichever story supports their agenda.

I will believe what comes out of the man's mouth. If you think a "source" is more credible than the guy himself than you have it all wrong!

Edited by the fox

Everyone knows what's gone on. So what! Lots of arse covering, face saving statements. Who cares. Footballs ruined by money. Nothing new there. 

I won't be booing him. I'm going to enjoy his remaining weeks with us. Hopefully he can help us get some more silverware, and a European spot.

We've, more than likely, had his best years out of him, and he's helped us achieve the unthinkable.

I hope we replace him in the summer with a stella signing.

Come on City! Give it your all for us Mahrez lad.

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 1

Just now, the fox said:

I will believe what comes out of the man's mouth. If you think a "source" is more crediblethe guy himself than you have it all wrong!

What source? 

I also wouldn’t take Riyad’s statement as the gospel either. If you want to then that sort of backs up what I said 

it doesn't matter how many times the media publish bullshit and lies - people will continue to believe it. 

that's how we ended up with Brexit and that's how we've ended up with half a fan-base hating Mahrez for things he may not have even done.

it's all hearsay and if you get your knickers in a twist over it - more fool you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, foxfanazer said:

What source? 

I also wouldn’t take Riyad’s statement as the gospel either. If you want to then that sort of backs up what I said 

at least my "agenda" has a leg to stand on. what do you have to show or? no one is arguing that him missing 10 days isn't professional but come on, you can't take the press's word over him. 

So, to sum up-

Man city offer 60 million on deadline day plus Roberts .

Ungrateful little Leicester reject said offer.

The mongrels of the mainstream media see our ambition as greed and form a narrative.

Riyad becomes an employee on strike and goes awol.

LCFC are accused of forcing Man City into ‘panic’ buying!

Man city!!!! 

LCFC are accused of holding Riyad against his will.

30% of foxestalk never want to see Riyad play for Leicester again. (Those that voted, that is)

The fountain of knowledge that is sky sports news report that Riyad is depressed and a close friend says he feels let down and betrayed by club, but so called close friend doesn’t say Where Riyad is or when they last spoke.

Sky sports news do not reveal ‘friends’ name, therefore no corroboration = no story.

Obviously he has been absent but nobody in the media had a clue what was going on and just speculated, and most fans just lap it up.

The way I’d speculate is to say that Riyad genuinely thought a deal was close, only to miss out through our owners resolve and Man City’s under evaluation of him.

Obviously disappointed Riyad was given some time to get his sh1t together. And now he has.

No betrayal.

No conspiracy.

No depression.

No ‘close friend’.

MSM is only to be believed by the gullible and the desperate.

Edited by truebluethroughandthrough
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

This will Do for me , welcome back ! 

"Off the back of that many people and journalists have made assumptions without properly checking the story, so I would like to clarify that all those so-called assumptions of why I was absent are completely untrue.

"I have been a part of the Leicester City team that has achieved much success including promotion to the Premier League and being Champions of the League.

"My goals have always been the same and I have always given my full 100% when I play for the club the fans and my team-mates.

"Those goals remain the same today and in the future and when I am asked to be a part of the Leicester team, rest assured I will continue to give my all."

If you believe a word of that than you are stupid, so Riyad goes on the sick for 10 days right after Man City have a bid rejected? How convenient. Its like your mrs denying she is having an affair and you know she is lying. 

6 minutes ago, the fox said:

at least my "agenda" has a leg to stand on. what do you have to show or? no one is arguing that him missing 10 days isn't professional but come on, you can't take the press's word over him. 

I’m not taking either word. As I’ve stated above the only ‘facts’ out there that are indisputable are that he’s missed two important games and 10 days training with his teammates. I don’t believe or disbelieve Mahrez’s or the clubs statements any more than what’s been reported over the last 10-11 days. You do and that’s fine, but like I said that’s because it suits

If I were to guess I’d say both the player and club statements seem like an attempt to save face which is probably a sensible move on both parts. Don’t mean I’ve gotta swallow it though

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I’m not taking either word. As I’ve stated above the only ‘facts’ out there that are indisputable are that he’s missed two important games and 10 days training with his teammates. I don’t believe or disbelieve Mahrez’s or the clubs statements any more than what’s been reported over the last 10-11 days. You do and that’s fine, but like I said that’s because it suits

for the last time, i'm not defending him missing games or those 10 days! that's all on him and the fans can boo him for that if they want. i'm talking about what the media said about him going AWOL, saying that he will never play here anymore and his clash with the owners which he said aren't true.

Edited by the fox

3 minutes ago, the fox said:

for the last time, i'm not defending him missing games or those 10 days! that's all on him and the fans can boo him for that if they want. i'm talking about what the media said about him going AWOL, saying that he will never play here anymore and his clash with the owners which he said aren't true.

Well no of course not, unless there’s a leak within the club there’s no way they’d know that. I think he did go without the clubs consent but that’s just my opinion

And I didn’t say you were defending him missing games, I just said that’s all we know as fact

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

If you believe a word of that than you are stupid, so Riyad goes on the sick for 10 days right after Man City have a bid rejected? How convenient. Its like your mrs denying she is having an affair and you know she is lying. 

It’s football my friend it’s entertainment and the plots and twists are all part of the fun of the fair 

6 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Yep. If credible evidence emerges that Mahrez was told (even verbally) that he could leave for £50m at any time in January, the blame would shift to LCFC.

I've yet to hear any such claim.

There is no comparison to a willingness to sell him for £50m in summer 2017, when prices were lower, Mahrez had just had a moderate season and we'd have faced much less disruption than on 30th Jan.

To make an extreme comparison, I think my parents agreed a price of £6k for their first home in 1966. They wouldn't have got that low price a few years later - and if they'd wanted to move in the next day, they'd have had to pay much more in 1966, given the massive disruption caused to the existing owners.

Puel put it out on record that they valued Mahrez at near on £100million a week or two before he handed his request in.

12 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

If I were to guess I’d say both the player and club statements seem like an attempt to save face which is probably a sensible move on both parts. Don’t mean I’ve gotta swallow it though

Your swallowing, Your own speculation based on nothing... 

Just get him on the pitch. Let him start.

It's our introduction to a harsh world near the top but if we've only got half a season of Mahrez left I want to be able to enjoy him for every possible second. There's no point in wasting that time moaning.