Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Grow up and get behind Riyad, or: stop listening to the press and wait and see how he reacts on the pitch

7 minutes ago, Hammo said:

But he doesn't explain why he has been absent for ten days, which is what we all want to know. By staying silent during that time he fuelled all the speculation and fiction in the media. What did he expect for heaven's sake?

I'll answer that one for you Hammo....he was sulking!

• Like 1

So he’s back from his strop, he’ll probably be on the bench Saturday and he’ll probably be off in the summer. My opinion - it’s frustrating/ disappointing but time to  move on - if he plays well for the rest of his time here I’ll forgive him - if he’s rubbish I probably won’t and he’ll deserve the flak he will inevitably receive.  Keith Weller did something similar and he’s still my favourite player!

14 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

He's been a bit of an arsehole to say the least, but can people chill out the "depressed" thing? It was a quote from a "mate" on SkySports who probably doesn't understand the difference between depressed and gutted.

I understand the seriousness of the word, but he's not even the one that said it. We're just taking Sky Sports' sources as gospel given a rough description from "a close friend". 

and is his statement he basically says he’s not even his mate. 

sky sports news are the lowest of the low when looking for a story, i genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if a random bloke just rang them up and said “i friends with riyad he sad” in a dodgy french accent. 

theyve been done by the most obvious of fake tweets and comments from kids sat in their bedrooms before, and they stick it in big yellow letter and people like those on these forums lap it up. 

remember when someone on here rang radio leicester and put on a french accent and said he was anthony knockaert? or when that guy tweeted that the gibraltar team who beat celtic had to stop training because they shared their training field with a metal detecting society and their manager was hired after he won a raffle? or when aberdeen (spelt wrong on twitter) tweeted that they’d signed “yerda selzavon”? etc etc etc 

and people still see “SKY SOURCES” and kitchandro says nobody can argue with those FACTS 

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

lol

if anyone is falling for this shite, you're more gullible than @ScouseFox!

Kind of blows any theory of 'depression' out of the water don't it.

each to their own, if you’d rather take the word of SKY SOURCES (no actual source quoted) over the statements from the club, the player and the reactions of the other players throughout his absence and their reactions upon his return then that’s a-ok, buddy! 

• Like 1

If you look through the smoke screens that Mahrez and the club are putting out it seems obvious that he won't be at the club after the summer transfer window. So,being virtually safe from relegation, now would be the ideal time to give other players invaluable premier league playing time in his position. Next season we can hit the ground running with a team of players who want to be here,unlike this season.

• Like 2

The Boy is Back in town, a right Johnny come lately..

Hes Here Hes there

Hes every fking where,

The Media report Hes gone missing

Our owners laughed and didnt stur

Cos we always knew the there...

If you only looked Hes to be found everywhere.

ITS we Just Like to Keep the journoes a guessing..

Love it...I aint going to worry about,any other stories or 

This Forums or Others speculation,ITS a waste of Space!!!

Riyhad and Club have given their Statements...

It seems my own speculation,posted on here was not far from

the truth.  Life can sometimes be so straight forward,and boring,

It doesnt follow,the exciting conspiracies that some seem to.   'must have'

6 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

and is his statement he basically says he’s not even his mate. 

sky sports news are the lowest of the low when looking for a story, i genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if a random bloke just rang them up and said “i friends with riyad he sad” in a dodgy french accent. 

theyve been done by the most obvious of fake tweets and comments from kids sat in their bedrooms before, and they stick it in big yellow letter and people like those on these forums lap it up. 

remember when someone on here rang radio leicester and put on a french accent and said he was anthony knockaert? or when that guy tweeted that the gibraltar team who beat celtic had to stop training because they shared their training field with a metal detecting society and their manager was hired after he won a raffle? or when aberdeen (spelt wrong on twitter) tweeted that they’d signed “yerda selzavon”? etc etc etc 

and people still see “SKY SOURCES” and kitchandro says nobody can argue with those FACTS 

Yes you are correct then.

Mahrez should bear no criticism over the last 10 days as his behaviour has been impeccable.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

You are probably right Jumbo but putting   "The little fookers back now so pretend to like him cus he'll be p1ssing off in the summer"  isn't really going to help matters ...  is it.

You are right of course Countryfox, but making my own statement - for what it's worth.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, los dedos said:

"Riyad is depressed"

"Riyad is suffering from depression"

Two massively different thing's 

What... for ten days?

Is ANYONE really thinking that Mahrez has been doing anything other than just sulking?

Other than scouse fox that is, and frankly I’d trust my pet pug to come up with a more coherent explanation.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

lol

if anyone is falling for this shite, you're more gullible than @ScouseFox!

Kind of blows any theory of 'depression' out of the water don't it.

Strange innit!!   Some People seem to have fallen easy for the other shite.

The gullibility lays,with the receivers and readers perception,in being

Willing and ready to believe in ready made speculation,because in the

end thats all the News and Reports were.

Future memoirs,will be either boring or interesting Reading..

While I agree and stand by the position of LCFC, and think he let us all down but I get why he might have had a massive mardy, we all have our moments!

He wanted to move, he saw a dream shattered he felt the club had said he could go if that kind of offer came in but the club felt it was not a Jan offer any more and had no time to replace him so it was an undervalued offer he needs to understand that the owners will move in the best interest of the club.

But now that’s just move on, I don’t get the that’s be big babies as well and let him rot in the reserves he has not killed anyone for Christ sake.  Cut of your nose to spite your face?  what’s the point? If he has been a bit of a cvnt but I would like to give him the opportunity to pay us back on the pitch with the months he has left, it helps him get the move he wants, cash for LCFC and helps us win games of football and try for 7th place at the end of the day that is what matters most it’s a shame it will sour the memory of one of our most gifted players but I think we should all make up and move on and not be sulky mardy arses ourselves

I think it’s a pretty obvious attempt to save face. Offers no explanation as to why he decided to miss so many days, whether the club were aware where he was or not. 

For it me it’s now about how he performs on the pitch, he gives his all then we can forget about this. Problem for him is when he has his half-arsed games, which he has every now and again, he will be criticised heavily for not caring.