Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FFP Champions 5 - 1

4 minutes ago, Naz said:

I've given you the facts about Manchester City's spending.  That was Foden's first game back.  You may think that tackle was fine, I thought it was a terrible tackle, as was the tackle on Sane at Cardiff a few days back.  You may think these types of tackles are acceptable, but when players miss out on champions league and what maybe once in a lifetime opportunities then something has to be said.  It's a manager's job to whine when the referees are not doing their job.  I don't think teams try and kick Manchester City off the pitch, but sometimes the tackles cross the mark 

Then you know nothing about football. It wasn't even close to a foul. It ended in injury because foden was unfortunate, it was a strong but fair tackle.  

Lets be quite fair, refs aren't doing their job when it comes to you, thats why sterling still hasn't been banned for his embarassing cheating. Don't act like you're the victims here

• Like 2

Turned on just as Aguero made it 2-1 seen it at 3-1 then had to go back out again. What I seen was pretty aweful kasper had a shocker Simpson doesn't look comfortable on the ball ever. Heard chilwell didn't do great. Be nice to see vardy mahrez and diabate against sheff Utd and stoke see how they get on. 

6 hours ago, Naz said:

UAE sponsorships are a small aspect of Manchester City's revenue. Believe what you want.  The ramblings of the Spanish Football president are nonsense.  PSG may well be sponsored by Qatar, but manchester City are not state sponsored.  We are owned by a private individual who hasn't put money into City for years.  You can believe what you want, but I expect you know from your own experience of winning the title and Champions League football what impact it has on your clubs finances.   

You are brainwashed. 

https://medium.com/@NcGeehan/the-men-behind-man-city-a-documentary-not-coming-soon-to-a-cinema-near-you-14bc8e393e06 

That link is incredible reading and to be honest, enough to make you consider what really is football at the highest level. We are not immune from it. Our owners are businessmen but in supposed democracy, where there was  martial law as early as 2015 and now a military government.

By all means rave about your football team’s ability but don’t take any high ground on Man City, FFP and where the money is coming from. 

My football club should have learnt every cocky big team supporter a lesson two seasons ago, just Wigan should have after the Cup final but don’t worry someone will come along and do it again sometime. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Naz said:

I thought the first was a penalty, but the second was a shoulder charge.  He's a slight man.  Feet like lightening.  he goes over easily because he's super quick.

By the way after the league cup tie, between Leicester and Man City might not be a good idea to talk about diving or tackles

You are blind too because that ‘first’ was an absolute travesty that he didn’t get booked. He not only went to the floor easy but attempted to con the ref by leaving his leg in place.

And if we want to go talking about tackles there’s plenty of occasions when this holier than thou Man City have been utter filthy. 

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You are brainwashed. 

https://medium.com/@NcGeehan/the-men-behind-man-city-a-documentary-not-coming-soon-to-a-cinema-near-you-14bc8e393e06 

That link is incredible reading and to be honest, enough to make you consider what really is football at the highest level. We are not immune from it. Our owners are businessmen but in supposed democracy, where there was  martial law as early as 2015 and now a military government.

By all means rave about your football team’s ability but don’t take any high ground on Man City, FFP and where the money is coming from. 

My football club should have learnt every cocky big team supporter a lesson two seasons ago, just Wigan should have after the Cup final but don’t worry someone will come along and do it again sometime. 

City's audited annual report for the season ending 2016/7 Annual Profit after Taxation: £1.1 million. 2015/16 £20.5m

City had a turnover of £0.47 Billion for the year ending 30th June 2017.  Commercial income represents £218m of that £0.47 Billion with the Etihad deal making up the lion share of the UAE income. The Etihad deal is worth around £35m to £40m a year according to the financial press although it has never been disclosed.

19 minutes ago, Naz said:

City's audited annual report for the season ending 2016/7 Annual Profit after Taxation: £1.1 million. 2015/16 £20.5m

City had a turnover of £0.47 Billion for the year ending 30th June 2017.  Commercial income represents £218m of that £0.47 Billion with the Etihad deal making up the lion share of the UAE income. The Etihad deal is worth around £35m to £40m a year according to the financial press although it has never been disclosed.

Okay that’s the sponsorship deal, but where’s the original source of money?

£850 million worth of losses sustained by Manchester City during the current ownership. Like I said read that article, wouldnt really want to defend that. Wouldn’t want people like Simon Pearce on the club’s pay role. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

12 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Blimey, another one!

Another what? There is a very real prospect of decline IMO. From your vantage point of Perth Oz, you're maybe not seeing the whole picture, or speaking to the fans who were there yesterday. I'm not here to bury City or Puel, heaven forbid, but there are some structural weaknesses that I don't see being corrected in the short term.

Anyone wanting a bit more insight into Man City's owners, this is worth a read.

28 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

£850 million worth of losses sustained by Manchester City during the current ownership. Like I said read that article, wouldnt really want to defend that. Wouldn’t want people like Simon Pearce on the club’s pay role. 

Spot on. This is from the article i just posted a lin k to:

"Another key member of the team is the Australian Simon Pearce, also a Manchester City director, and Abu Dhabi’s head of strategic communications. Pearce made his name at the public relations firm Burson-Marsteller, whose work with clients such as Nicolai Ceaucescu, Blackwater and Union Carbide led to the famous quote “when evil needs public relations, evil has Burson-Marsteller on speed-dial.” Abu Dhabi made a direct hire and Pearce is charged with protecting and promoting Abu Dhabi’s reputation. In examining their motives for buying Manchester City it helps if you think of Abu Dhabi as a corporation as well as a city-state, and Pearce is as comfortable offering advice on business deals as he is advising on matters of domestic and foreign policy."

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I told you.  £35m to £40m per annum of a near £500m annual revenue comes from Etihad Airlines.  

Does anyone think that Puel decided to try and catch pep off guard twice on saturday

he wouldn’t have prepared for us to set up 3-5 or 5-3 and maybe we thought we would revert at half time to counter whatever tactical changes he might make at the break to counter our formation ??

if that was the case then I believe we should have waited a while after the break to make the change. If it ain’t broke ........

17 hours ago, Naz said:

I told you.  £35m to £40m per annum of a near £500m annual revenue comes from Etihad Airlines.  

You didn't answer my question - where did the money come from what bought Manchester City FC, what set up the City Football Group and what paid for the Etitihad Campus etc, etc.?

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

On 11/02/2018 at 11:30, Naz said:

You've identified the weak points in Leicester's game but not appreciated why your midfield and defence lost possession.They were forced errors.  Schmeichel probably never has to worry about being closed down, and his distribution is not important in most games.  Against City, if you try and play it out, you have to be very very good on the ball

Naz. just for information... Manchester does not own the title 'City' and I wouldn't be so disrespectful as to call my club that on a Manchester City forum. It would be very helpful if you could remember that especially when commenting on the forum of another club named 'City'.

Thank you.

• Haha 1

On 11/02/2018 at 13:34, The Guvnor said:

We went from 5 at the back or 3 and 2, to 4 after half time which narrowed our defensive line thus allowing Man City to capitalise on the wide areas and creamed us. Very well highlighted on MOTD.

I may have misread Puel's explanation of the halftime change, but I thought he said that the switch to 4 at the back was intended to stop Man C exploiting the space on the wings, which was precisely contrary to the effect that it actually had (according to the Been analysis that you've just quoted). Oh dear!

On 11/02/2018 at 09:55, Naz said:

When you get well and truly thrashed, you should be big enough to take it and give credit to your opponent.  We were missing Sane, Silva, and Mendy and yet still beat you.  Schmeichel had a terrible game, but did it cross your mind to wonder why?  it was because our forwards worked incredibly hard to close your defence including your keeper down.  That is a hallmark of Guardiola's sides.  Kevin De Bruyne was also at his magical best.   You just watched one of the best footballers on the planet.  I think before you moan about your side, you should perhaps give some allowances for the team you just played.

As for Financial Fair Play, Manchester City are profitable - even in the midst of team rebuilding, City returned profits.  Last season City received over £200m in broadcasting income, more that any other club in football.   That's what comes from winning the Premier league, and playing Champions league football

Regarding Leicester, I think you need to evolve from this counter-attacking football with Vardy as sole striker.  makes the best of him, but where does it leave players like Kelechi?  he is a lot better than you know.  

How do you like those apples you arrogant sod?

• Haha 2