Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FFP Champions 5 - 1

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

Before this season I thought we had done really well to keep hold of him but now I've realised he's just an average keeper who pulls of the odd decent outstanding save. 

Ever since he's been here he's had massive inconsistent spells and silly mistakes. He's never been top class, he was above our level for many seasons, but now we are showing he's not really improving with age. 

Odd substitutions again from Puel. I’m struggling to think of a sub he’s made that’s had anything other than a negative impact on the game. I think sometime you could randoml pick players, positions and a time and be more likely to have a positive impact!

There was also some incredibly shite defending at playof course, but his subs were again just bizarre

Frustrating... Puel was smart enough to see initial formation wasn't working and switched to 4 at the back.  But that resulted in Albrighton at RB which they weren't comfortable with.  Even if that's the case, when you're 1-1 at halftime away against maybe the best team on the planet, you don't change things (this is assuming Silva wasn't injured).

You can't go into that game expecting a point, but they still manage to make a loss seem particularly crappy even though it was expected.  Both because a result was there to be had,  and they ended up getting routed anyway due to lots of sloppiness.  

It's hard to ignore the relatively consistent pattern of falling off a cliff in the 2nd half under Puel - but he deserves time to work out the kinks.  If this is still happening this time next season, it'll be a different story.

And yes - it's Man City.  Still - very frustrating from our end.  Because it's not like today is the first time we've seen games play out this way this season.  

I also have to say, I ****ing love Vardy.  He is ALWAYS in it.  It would be so easy for him to get pissed at that second half and check out... but he just never quits and never gives off any kind of negative vibes.  Giving thumbs up at crappy service in the 91st min down 5-1.  ****ing legend.

FA Cup or bust

Edited by Bats8711

3 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Odd substitutions again from Puel. I’m struggling to think of a sub he’s made that’s had anything other than a negative impact on the game. I think sometime you could randoml pick players, positions and a time and be more likely to have a positive impact!

There was also some incredibly shite defending at playof course, but his subs were again just bizarre

Only think the Silva one was bizarre. Maybe James should have come off instead of Diabate, but he was looking a little tired, and he was trying to keep shape at that point 

strange sub at half time but people are going on like we were going to win and then ended up losing. we were still much, much worse than them in the first half, they just didn't score with every shot. 

we had 1 shot all game? they should've been a couple up at half time and ended up winning comfortably, like they were probably always going to cos they're much better than us. 

few daft mistakes but never mind. rather we gift 5 stupid goals today than gift 1 next week. 

move on, shit happens. 

• Like 4

The scoreline surprised me, I thought it flattered M. City somewhat, 3-1 was a fairer reflection of the game. 

I think you're a very good team with a good manager but when De Bruyne and Aguero play like that, there's not much that can be done to stop them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I'd rather stick King in the CM before either of those two.

James is, and will always be, a top level championship player at best.  He doesn't have the mobility or the quickness of feet to do what's required at this level.

He looks more like a Sunday pub team player to me lol 

2 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Tbh I'd quite happily end the season here and just get on with the transfers and new season.

seen a couple people say similar things to this post match. 

without looking I assume we're still favourites to finish 7th and get into a possible European spot, and have a pretty straightforward match to get to the last 8 of the fa cup. what more did you want either pre season or at any other stage in this season? pre season our aim was probably to expect to come top half, with a slightly ambitious aim of being "best of the rest" and having a cup run. we've already had one half decent cup run, have huge potential at another and it's in our own hands as to whether we finish in that 7th spot. this after fu cking up two transfer windows and sacking a manager cos we were in the relegation zone. 

think everyone needs to chill out a bit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MCFC said:

The scoreline surprised me, I thought it flattered M. City somewhat, 3-1 was a fairer reflection of the game. 

I think you're a very good team with a good manager but when De Bruyne and Aguero play like that, there's not much that can be done to stop them. 

:schmike:

Just now, MCFC said:

I think you’d have beaten any team in the world today. As a neutral it’s a bit boring how you’re walking away with the league but you’re the best team by a mile. 

Just now, ScouseFox said:

seen a couple people say similar things to this post match. 

without looking I assume we're still favourites to finish 7th and get into a possible European spot, and have a pretty straightforward match to get to the last 8 of the fa cup. what more did you want either pre season or at any other stage in this season? pre season our aim was probably to expect to come top half, with a slightly ambitious aim of being "best of the rest" and having a cup run. we've already had one half decent cup run, have huge potential at another and it's in our own hands as to whether we finish in that 7th spot. this after fu cking up two transfer windows and sacking a manager cos we were in the relegation zone. 

think everyone needs to chill out a bit. 

You're right, I'm just half drunk