Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Atmosphere....

The fans always make noise when the team puts together a good attacking move or sustain pressure on the opposition's defence. Unfortunately, this only happens about once a game now.

Strange atmosphere at the end of games recently, as the performances don't warrant boos but they aren't applause-worthy either.

16 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Normally agree with about everything you put on these types of threads but can't agree with that. I thought if anything it would fire us up even more.

Given the circumstances it was the most pitiful attempt at an away end I've ever been in.

Got to agree. There were about 20 morons singing about Brexit and Gibraltar and that was about it. Madrid was the only away game I got to in the CL, but on telly you could definitely hear the our fans well at Brugge and Sevilla and a bit in Copenhagen. 

At the Calderon, a couple of my mates got tickets in the block next to our fans and they said they couldn't even hear us lol 

On 28/02/2018 at 19:46, anstey blueboy said:

Get Leicester playing fast attacking football and the atmosphere will come back, the slow pace we play at the moment stops fans getting excited. 

We've not been playing slow football for 15 years though, it's just another excuse.

• Like 4

On 01/03/2018 at 10:24, sylofox said:

lollol So the very time the team need fans the most is when the the fans don't help.

That's the very time fans should be most behind the team lollol No wonder its a shite atmosphere.

You’ve not acknowledged my point? My point is when we are playing awfully people can’t expect for everyone to get behind the team. The way you’ve said “no wonder it’s a shite atmosphere” is just a mongy thing to say and me like any other fan will get behind the team when the application and performance is there. Are you trying to tell me that you stand there singing your heart out when we go 1-0 down to Stoke?

I have acknowledge your point but you've missed mine.

The team don't need your help when 4-0 up and destroying the opposition. They need your help when 0-1 and struggling.

No sadly I get to very few games now work and living in Norfolk has put a stop to my attending. But I did for many years home and away when we truly where shite under pleat.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

I don't think some of the kids get it and why we sing.

Reminds me of a song.

Sing when you're winning.

You only sing when you're winning.

Yeah because the old'uns in our fanbase* are the ones doing so much for our atmosphere right now...

*Must stress I mean in general, I know plenty of old boys still up for a good sing-song, but they're in the minority for their age bracket.

People are using the brand of football we're playing as an excuse. May I just remind them that we're currently 8th in the Premier League and are through to the quarter finals of the FA cup. We've not been playing well as of late, but we're still in one of the best positions the club has ever been in. We need to stop acting so spoilt and start going to games with a different mindset. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Yeah because the old'uns in our fanbase* are the ones doing so much for our atmosphere right now...

Why are you trying to twist what I've said. 

My comment was aimed at what someone had said.

" Why would we sing when 0-1 down to stoke"

You sing then because that's when the team need you most.

But it seems some don't get that. Or the fact you sing to lift the team.

11 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Why are you trying to twist what I've said. 

My comment was aimed at what someone had said.

" Why would we sing when 0-1 down to stoke"

You sing then because that's when the team need you most.

But it seems some don't get that. Or the fact you sing to lift the team.

What did you mean by "kids" then? The vast majority of people with the attitude you're describing seem to be older fans, in my experience.

48 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

What did you mean by "kids" then? The vast majority of people with the attitude you're describing seem to be older fans, in my experience.

We'll compared to a lot of us the person that made the comment and one or two others.

3 hours ago, sylofox said:

I have acknowledge your point but you've missed mine.

The team don't need your help when 4-0 up and destroying the opposition. They need your help when 0-1 and struggling.

No sadly I get to very few games now work and living in Norfolk has put a stop to my attending. But I did for many years home and away when we truly where shite under pleat.

Are you the same person on two accounts? You keep missing my point, I’m  tallking about the in between of 0-1 down and 4-0 up. The 2-1/1-1 scores when it’s more on a knife edge and we are showing some ambition and a win looks like a possibility. You are missing my point, as like I said “how can you expect people to sing” showing a reference to the rest of the support. Personally, like yourself I will normally get behind the team but MY POINT IS WHICH YOU ARE MISSING: is how do you expect supporters that may not turn up regularly to sing and generate an atmosphere when we are putting in an awful display.

28 minutes ago, Lionheart10 said:

Not sure a simple response of Yes needed a such a c**tish reply,but I appreciate everyone is entitled to their own views.

Personally I stand & sing for the 90 mins because that is my preference and my view is that people like you are the problem with the atmosphere.You only start to sing when things are good,like someone else said it is when times are bad that the lads on the pitch need our vocal support the most.It has been proved in the Great escape & Winning season that if we went behind the support got noticeably louder which lifts them.Getting on anyones back whoever they are never helps.

By the way I don't need a response to this mate.

I put that reply as you still aren’t getting my point. It’s like your skim reading my point and if you had acknowledged it fully you’d see that i put “like yourself I will normally get behind the team” so saying people like me are the “problem with the atmosphere” is nothing short of a stupid comment from yourself. It’s like you’re not getting what I’m saying: my point is I will get behind the team, like yourself but it’s ludicrous to expect everyone in the stadium to sing. “People like me” aren’t the problem with the atmosphere as you’d know if you didn’t skim read my points. Oh and that bit at the end is strange, almost suggesting that you actually have a point.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

7 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Poor again today. The 1500 from Bournemouth out sang us as per stoke. 

To be fair, they had a coach load of Lincoln City fans in with them, hence the Grimsby chants.

Off topic, does anyone know what the two minutes applause on 17 and 40 were for?

It looked like something to do with the Man Utd fans in those shirts with #Rags on the back, not sure what it was about though.

On 01/03/2018 at 01:09, Dan LCFC said:

The clappers were always a short-term fix and as predicted they've done long-term damage as now fans are even less inclined to make any effort to contribute to the atmosphere. Get rid of them as soon as possible. I think the only thing they are now is like a souvenir to the game.

L1 needs mentioning I'm afraid. I'm not going off what I hear (or don't hear) in the ground myself as I think the way they're facing doesn't help me hear them, but it's mainly criticisms from people actually within L itself that I know saying it's absolutely dire now. How has this been allowed to happen? It used to be a pretty respectable block I thought, nothing amazing but it would've definitely given us a case to being one of the better atmospheres in the league if it was still going strong.

SK1 - we try but simply don't have the numbers, and I don't think anything bar relegation will resolve that. I'd urge everyone who's been shafted out of L and K for the Chelsea game to get up there that day and really go for it.

The rest of the ground offers next to nothing.

The mentality that you can only sing when it's any good on the pitch is part of the problem as well. It obviously helps when we're playing better but this attitude is counter-productive. We turn up expecting to sit back and roll these teams over when in the great escape, title season and Europe we turned up against nearly everyone with an attitude of getting behind the side. Where the hell did that go?

Away support has been better this season than last although that's more due to last year being probably the worst I've ever witnessed more than us being great this year.

Part of the problem there is those of us that do want to stand and sing and buy into what the union FS boys are doing can’t because a majority of the seats are season tickets. You can’t turf someone out of their seat for not singing unfortunately. 

28 minutes ago, promised land said:

To be fair, they had a coach load of Lincoln City fans in with them, hence the Grimsby chants.

Off topic, does anyone know what the two minutes applause on 17 and 40 were for?

It looked like something to do with the Man Utd fans in those shirts with #Rags on the back, not sure what it was about though.

17 minutes I think was for one of the lads that died in the fire last week. 

40 was for a bloke called Angelo Fauslo who died the other week. 

• Like 2

I mentioned making excuses earlier in this thread because I am and others are but I do believe righty or wrongly they are valid and reasons towards a poor atmosphere, in the past people (including me) have said 'it starts on the pitch', 'they entertain us, we respond', now to some extent I do still believe that but the Great Escape season, the Title winning season, and CL games have taught us we do make a difference, we do turn things round and we do push them on.

So it's arguably wrong to suggest 'it start's on the pitch' or 'they entertain us, we respond', however at the moment it's not about not being entertained, we're bored, I don't know about anyone else but I seem to sit there at games and just zone out at the moment, it's like i'm being hyponotised and not in a good way, I tell you we could be a remedy for insomnia at the minute.

Edited by Matt

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

I mentioned making excuses earlier in this thread because I am and others are but I do believe righty or wrongly they are valid and reasons towards a poor atmosphere, in the past people (including me) have said 'it starts on the pitch', 'they entertain us, we respond', now to some extent I do still believe that but the Great Escape season, the Title winning season, and CL games have taught us we do make a difference, we do turn things round and we do push them on.

So it's arguably wrong to suggest 'it start's on the pitch' or 'they entertain us, we respond', however at the moment it's not about not being entertained, we're bored, I don't know about anyone else but I seem to sit there at games and just zone out at the moment, it's like i'm being hyponotised and not in a good way, I tell you we could be a remedy for insomnia at the minute.

Then make your own fun in the stands.