Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Atmosphere....

On 02/03/2018 at 15:46, sylofox said:

I have acknowledge your point but you've missed mine.

The team don't need your help when 4-0 up and destroying the opposition. They need your help when 0-1 and struggling.

No sadly I get to very few games now work and living in Norfolk has put a stop to my attending. But I did for many years home and away when we truly where shite under pleat.

I seem to recall standing on the terrace watching us lose 3-1 or whatever at home to Oldham at the old Filbert Street, an attendance of around 8000 and I don't recall the atmosphere being that good.

This is not just a problem for us. We created a fantatic atmoshere the year we won the title and great atmospheres tend to be based on the back of either adversity or great success and it was ever thus. Anyone recall the Leatherhead Game in the 70s One of the best atmospheres at Leicester but this was motivated by adversity and overcoming it.

There are though greater issues than folks not singing. In the past the natural singing fan was mainly drawn from young working class males. Many of these have been priced out of the game. Secondly all seater stadia do not lend themselves to great atmospheres. I seem to recall reading a study that suggested where clubs had moved to new grounds the atmosphere had changed due in no small part ot fans relocating to various parts of the ground and so splitting up the traditional singing fans into smaller groups.

The only way I can see a long term solution to this is to create a safe standing zone in the east stand (L1 area) and to get all the fans who want to sing etc to congregate together. Add flags drums whatever you want but until we get this, the atmosphere will be difficult to generate as one small section starts one song and then another small section starts another rather than one very large section all starting the same song/chant/etc.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

By "on the front foot" do you mean sat on the edge of our area without the ball, then booting it to Vardy? Excuses.

That’s an oversimplification, but yes. Counter attacking...

I’m not looking for an excuse, but trying to find one of the many plausible reasons. 

• Like 1

On 02/03/2018 at 16:32, Voll Blau said:

Yeah because the old'uns in our fanbase* are the ones doing so much for our atmosphere right now...

*Must stress I mean in general, I know plenty of old boys still up for a good sing-song, but they're in the minority for their age bracket.

everything is the kids fault man back in the day the kop was filled twice over with non stop singing all week even when we weren’t playing or something. them bloody kids. 

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Sorry, were we on the front foot or were we counter attacking?

I think you can be both. Our precise counter attacking came along with aggressive but coordinated pressing. Even though the other team had the ball for the majority of the game, I felt they never had much control of the game as we never gave them a chance to play their style.

• Like 1

It only picks up when we desperately want a goal, but you know that if Mahrez's free kick didn't go in they'd be met with boos instead of cheers at the whistle. The last 30 minutes or so were the most enjoyable, a bit like the Stoke game too. It's a tragic morgue at the moment. All it takes is "come on leicester" or "leicester x7" and you feel it pick up, but people just can't be arsed. 

Ridiculous amount of people heading out early deservedly missed the best moment of the game too. 

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

It only picks up when we desperately want a goal, but you know that if Mahrez's free kick didn't go in they'd be met with boos instead of cheers at the whistle. The last 30 minutes or so were the most enjoyable, a bit like the Stoke game too. It's a tragic morgue at the moment. All it takes is "come on leicester" or "leicester x7" and you feel it pick up, but people just can't be arsed. 

Ridiculous amount of people heading out early deservedly missed the best moment of the game too. 

Love it when this happens and then we score a late goal, literally my whole row was empty lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Foxin hell said:

Love it when this happens and then we score a late goal, literally my whole row was empty lol

Yeah I left early. First time in about 7 years but given it was freezing, we were shit and driving conditions were poor I didn't fancy the rush at the end and getting back up here. I was tempted not to come in the first place given how bad we had snow but did.

I find it strange that you "love it" when people you do not know, who have their own personal reasons for leaving early, miss a goal. I'm sure you'll enjoy your life more if you don't concentrate on other people. 

I'll not be leaving early on Saturday at West Brom so give us a shout and I'll wave just so you know I'm there on 90 mins.

Edited by Fox92

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah I left early. First time in about 7 years but given it was freezing, we were shit and driving conditions were poor I didn't fancy the rush at the end and getting back up here. I was tempted not to come in the first place given how bad we had snow but did.

I find it strange that you "love it" when people you do not know, who have their own personal reasons for leaving early, miss a goal. I'm sure you'll enjoy your life more if you don't concentrate on other people. 

I'll not be leaving early on Saturday at West Brom so give us a shout and I'll wave just so you know I'm there on 90 mins.

Chill out, I highly doubt thousands of people desperately needed to leave in the 85th minute on a Saturday evening but whatever.

Yes I find it satisfying that people who are booing the team whilst leaving nearly 10 minutes early then miss an equalising goal in the 96th minute, might just be me.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Absolutely beats me that people do this when there's only a goal in the game. I know everyone on Twitter pretends it's cool to leave early but I can't understand why you'd bother going at all if you're jeopardising missing the best bit of the game.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Nice to hear a bit of an encouraging roar when we went one down yesterday. First time in a while that's happened.

yep, thought overall it was one of the better atmospheres we've had in a while, as well. 2nd half was loud. 

Yes, much better yesterday. I missed the Wolves match, but the Arsenal match at the end of last season was great too. It was quite a weird experience actually - I didn't hear a single moan from anyone around me, no groaning after Mahrez losing the ball. The booing when Amartay came on was awkward and disappointing, but I like to think that it was primarily because people were frustrated at having an attacking player go off when we really needed to press. 

Usually good for an early ko which tends to never quite be the same as 3pm or night games.

Chants did seem to spread as well. But those dam clappers whilst hiking the volume level drown out lyrics still.

Would be nice to see us sustain those levels v Huddersfield.

• Like 1