Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Atmosphere....

I thought it was mixed yesterday. At times it was rocking at the start of both halves but subdued after we conceded. That’s to be expected but it’s important to get behind the lads even when behind. 

But fair play to everyone despite conceding after 10 minutes we created an atmosphere that almost got us something. 

It definitely helps that this season we’ve discovered you CAN pass the ball forward lol

• Like 2

Is it just me that notices that the atmosphere at the KP before the game has got going is far inferior to other grounds. Even today, a small club like Watford, even had fans standing up right at the very front. I can't ever recall people standing up right at the very front at our ground, even sometimes people at the very back sit down. I understand the disability debate but it's no different for other clubs. Just speaking generally, you can usually create a better atmosphere standing up. 

Decent atmosphere in the Kop,I know there will always be a debate about standing and singing and some will say they can sing sitting down just as well but I personally think that there is more/louder singing when people are standing and there now seems to be about the back 6 rows standing right the way accross SK1,2,3 & 4.

By the way I don't have a problem with anyone who wants to sit or not sing,everyone is entitled to support the team in their own way.

I've long been of the opinion that unless you get a significant number of people on a chant at the KP, it barely travels. I well recall being in the West Stand, seeing the fans opposite up and clapping and hearing nothing at all. Likewise, I was in the East Stand J Block for Wolves and it was quite apparent that nobody could hear a thing we were singing.

I thought the atmosphere from my surround sound was shit on my couch end. Can you be louder please? I spent lots of ££ for it and i want to hear more swearing and abuse. useless fans.

Edited by Simoken

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

DqNjMbgX0AwW0gh.jpg:large

That song is weird enough as it is, but singing it in London? lol

Tragic. Needs binning for good.

Football fans, not just ours, all of them, are a weird lot. 

Capable of some hilarious bits of witty repartee but generally stupid enough to sing some of the most nonsensical, limp attempts at banter in a desperate attempt to be funny or clever. 

Some of the shit people try and get started at away games is cringe worthy. You want to applaud the effort but christ. 

Recently people have started trying to get European tour / champions league songs going again and that's a bit desperate. I'm the first to defend people celebrating the league win, it was only a couple years ago, we've got every right to still go on about it. But come up with something new, singing On Wednesday Nights or "we're on the way" still is a bit ****ing dire. 

I suppose the former wouldn't be so bad if people just had the brain power to change up the tenses a little "we were in" etc. But even then. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

DqNjMbgX0AwW0gh.jpg:large

That song is weird enough as it is, but singing it in London? lol

Tragic. Needs binning for good.

If you are talking about 'your city is blue' then yes, I agree.

Random point on Arsenal fans, Emirates was as usual a library with the exception of their goals and after their third went in. At that point it actually sounded decent admittedly so makes you think why cant create an atmosphere like that from kick off? Dont get me wrong, dont mind opposition fans giving the big one to us when they score but it doesnt really work when their support are mute and sitting on their hands until they score.

8 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Random point on Arsenal fans, Emirates was as usual a library with the exception of their goals and after their third went in. At that point it actually sounded decent admittedly so makes you think why cant create an atmosphere like that from kick off? Dont get me wrong, dont mind opposition fans giving the big one to us when they score but it doesnt really work when their support are mute and sitting on their hands until they score.

Simple, they expected to beat us and it wasn't until we scored that they realised they had a game on their hands.

55 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Football fans, not just ours, all of them, are a weird lot. 

Capable of some hilarious bits of witty repartee but generally stupid enough to sing some of the most nonsensical, limp attempts at banter in a desperate attempt to be funny or clever. 

Some of the shit people try and get started at away games is cringe worthy. You want to applaud the effort but christ. 

Recently people have started trying to get European tour / champions league songs going again and that's a bit desperate. I'm the first to defend people celebrating the league win, it was only a couple years ago, we've got every right to still go on about it. But come up with something new, singing On Wednesday Nights or "we're on the way" still is a bit ****ing dire. 

I suppose the former wouldn't be so bad if people just had the brain power to change up the tenses a little "we were in" etc. But even then. 

Disagree with that bit, Wednesday nights with slightly amended lyrics is still 100% valid, if Man Utd or Liverpool were singing it everyone would love it. 

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Disagree with that bit, Wednesday nights with slightly amended lyrics is still 100% valid, if Man Utd or Liverpool were singing it everyone would love it. 

I alluded to that further down in the post you quoted. I've been at Newcastle and Arsenal in the last couple of weeks and the vast majority of people weren't amending anything. If one or two were getting their tenses correct, I didn't hear them. 

Oh and United and Liverpool are in the champions league consistently so think you might be missing the point a bit tbh. 

If Burnley are singing about playing in Europe in two years time, this forum will 120% definitely be taking the piss out of them without any irony at all. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Simple, they expected to beat us and it wasn't until we scored that they realised they had a game on their hands.

They only made noise after their goal as opposed to ours though (from what I could hear anyway).

Even we make noise from the off when we play someone we expect to beat at the King Power.

43 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I alluded to that further down in the post you quoted. I've been at Newcastle and Arsenal in the last couple of weeks and the vast majority of people weren't amending anything. If one or two were getting their tenses correct, I didn't hear them. 

Ah right gotcha. 

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Must be remembered Arsenal is the club of choice for estate agents, recruitment agents and car salesmen 

Although I was obviously standing, I found the seats ****ing weird at Arsenal. Really deep and long, really uncomfortable....even if you sat there would be know way of getting edge of your seat excited... think it could well contribute to the atmos.

Also the numbers being hidden pissed me right off lol 

All in all, wasn't very impressed by the place which surprised me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

People were still singing "we've never seen him ****ing play" about Adrien Silva in May and "we're gonna win the league" after Leicester Boys are We.

Genuinely think we've got the lowest average IQ as a fanbase and that takes some doing.

* we've finally seen the fvcker play

** and we won the Premier League

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

People were still singing "we've never seen him ****ing play" about Adrien Silva in May and "we're gonna win the league" after Leicester Boys are We.

Genuinely think we've got the lowest average IQ as a fanbase and that takes some doing.

"Jamie Vardy he's won more than you" to a club that has a won the league multiple times - IE Wolves away.

• Like 4

To be fair, whilst I hate chants like "you'll never sing that" or "won more than you" I do have sympathy for people singing it "wrongly" at clubs who technically were champions in another lifetime. 

I don't give a **** if Huddersfield actually, technically won the Great Northern Flatcap And Whippet Eastern Ye Footballee Divisione Conference Trophy in like 1584. 

It's still correct to tell a bunch of Huddersfield fans in 2018 that they'll never get to sing about being Premier League champions. Not just because FOOTBALL ONLY STARTED IN 1992(!!!) but because ****ing zero of the fans stood in that away end were alive when they won anything. 

Huddersfield won the league before the television was ****ing invented and nobody had ever heard of Adolf Hitler. Most of their fans grandparents probably weren't born when they last had any success.

Wolves won the league before the Beatles (or Gerry and the Pacemakers if you want to get all football about it) ever formed and, again, about one or two IF ANY of their fans that showed up at our gaff would even have been a twinkle in anyone's eye back then. 

History is cool. I love history. We should all know more about where we came from and how we got here. But the pretentious wankers that like to point out TECHNICALLY Burnley have won the league more than us, even though only about sixteen people had HEARD of football outside of Lancashire at the time they DID, can get in the ****ing sea. 

It is a shit, shit chant and it makes us look like the sort of arrogant nobs we were supposed to be the antithesis of when Little Leicester did the unthinkable and won the league on behalf of everyone as the Good Guys of football. But we've still got every right to sing it to tinpot Northern clubs whose claim to fame is having won trophies by default before anyone who'd never heard of a barm cake even cared. 

Edited by Finnegan

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

To be fair, whilst I hate chants like "you'll never sing that" or "won more than you" I do have sympathy for people singing it "wrongly" at clubs who technically were champions in another lifetime. 

I don't give a **** if Huddersfield actually, technically won the Great Northern Flatcap And Whippet Eastern Ye Footballee Divisione Conference Trophy in like 1584. 

It's still correct to tell a bunch of Huddersfield fans in 2018 that they'll never get to sing about being Premier League champions. Not just because FOOTBALL ONLY STARTED IN 1992(!!!) but because ****ing zero of the fans stood in that away end were alive when they won anything. 

Huddersfield won the league before the television was ****ing invented and nobody had ever heard of Adolf Hitler. Most of their fans grandparents probably weren't born when they last had any success.

Wolves won the league before the Beatles (or Gerry and the Pacemakers if you want to get all football about it) ever formed and, again, about one or two IF ANY of their fans that showed up at our gaff would even have been a twinkle in anyone's eye back then. 

History is cool. I love history. We should all know more about where we came from and how we got here. But the pretentious wankers that like to point out TECHNICALLY Burnley have won the league more than us, even though only about sixteen people had HEARD of football outside of Lancashire at the time they DID, can get in the ****ing sea. 

It is a shit, shit chant and it makes us look like the sort of arrogant nobs we were supposed to be the antithesis of when Little Leicester did the unthinkable and won the league on behalf of everyone as the Good Guys of football. But we've still got every right to sing it to tinpot Northern clubs whose claim to fame is having won trophies by default before anyone who'd never heard of a barm cake even cared. 

The problem is the comeback is always, always, better than the chant we sing. It's not that it makes us look arrogant, it's that it makes us look like planks because it's such an easy set-up. As you mentioned earlier, it's the kind of thing we'd massively rip the piss out of any other fanbase in the country for doing - I mean it was sung at Everton FFS.

Edited by Voll Blau

4 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

The problem is the comeback is always, always, better than the chant we sing. It's not that it makes us look arrogant, it's that it makes us look like planks because it's such an easy set-up. As you mentioned earlier, it's the kind of thing we'd massively rip the piss out of any other fanbase in the country for doing - I mean it was sung at Everton FFS.

Yeah but then I refer you to my earlier post. 

The majority of fans singing the chant are both A. thick as **** and B. so desperate to have some "banter" that they'll shout basically anything they thing will get a rise out of the opposition. 

When the Everton fans sing back "we've won more than you" the Leicester fans originally singing it probably pat themselves on the back and congratulate themselves for getting a reaction because they'll claim the Everton fans were "triggered."

Where as in fact the Everton fans are just thinking "Christ, you're thick."

It's the banterlad way. 

Edited by Finnegan