Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Atmosphere....

1 minute ago, LCFC FOX said:

I’ve heard from someone they’re doing a full ground one. So more than likely flags 

Nice. 

Something like the Sevilla/Atleti game needed for Chelsea and the rest of the Season. Frutrating because we all know we can be good with our noise levels.

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

What exactly has changed with L1, they used to lead and now I barely hear a peep and they seem stood in silence! Does jobber still drum? Can't remember  hearing him.

Doesn't drum anymore. 

The biggest problem with L1 these days is that it's filling up more with 16-23 year olds that think they're full on football hooligans who think they can take on every man and his dog. 

The clappers were always a short-term fix and as predicted they've done long-term damage as now fans are even less inclined to make any effort to contribute to the atmosphere. Get rid of them as soon as possible. I think the only thing they are now is like a souvenir to the game.

L1 needs mentioning I'm afraid. I'm not going off what I hear (or don't hear) in the ground myself as I think the way they're facing doesn't help me hear them, but it's mainly criticisms from people actually within L itself that I know saying it's absolutely dire now. How has this been allowed to happen? It used to be a pretty respectable block I thought, nothing amazing but it would've definitely given us a case to being one of the better atmospheres in the league if it was still going strong.

SK1 - we try but simply don't have the numbers, and I don't think anything bar relegation will resolve that. I'd urge everyone who's been shafted out of L and K for the Chelsea game to get up there that day and really go for it.

The rest of the ground offers next to nothing.

The mentality that you can only sing when it's any good on the pitch is part of the problem as well. It obviously helps when we're playing better but this attitude is counter-productive. We turn up expecting to sit back and roll these teams over when in the great escape, title season and Europe we turned up against nearly everyone with an attitude of getting behind the side. Where the hell did that go?

Away support has been better this season than last although that's more due to last year being probably the worst I've ever witnessed more than us being great this year.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

Nice. 

Something like the Sevilla/Atleti game needed for Chelsea and the rest of the Season. Frutrating because we all know we can be good with our noise levels.

That game in-particular we need a vicious atmosphere. Surprise them.

I think it is definitely the current style of play. Like it or not, action is what gets the fans going. At the moment it is going sideways, backwards, sideways, forwards and back again at walking pace with no tempo.

Most season ticket holders are used to seeing that fast paced counter attacking style that saw us win the league. Our players usually look desperate to win but I don't sense the same urgency from recent performances.

Personally, I'm struggling to get as excited about this season - almost coming down from what has been a massive high over the last few seasons.

Hopefully we can get the atmosphere back for the FA cup game vs Chelsea.

Remember, first season back in the prem, any time we conceded a goal, a roar/surge of support started about 5 seconds after the bll hit the net and everyone just continued singing/supporting. Now everyone packs up and goes in the concourse or just starts booing. Change in mentality as a fan base.

• Like 1

Rightly or wrongly there are ‘excuses’ (because that’s what they are - but they are valid and ultimately the reasons) however it’s up to us fans to try and change it.

Last season - a very underwhelming, disappointing and depressing season. For me it will be remember purely for the Champions League, the domestic season never happen as far as I’m concerned. I couldn’t wait for the domestic season to end.

This season - A lot of upheaval, arguably recovering from last season and the big excuse - we’re bored.

On the other hand, if that’s the case - let’s entertain ourselves then.

Again rightly or wrongly what we see on the pitch generally orchestrates or reflects the atmosphere and vice versa. Somethings gotta give. 

• Like 1

I've been in L1 and SK1 several times this season and when you're in one you can't hear the other. That's not because of the great noise you're making, it's just because there's not enough people singing/getting involved. You can blame it on acoustics all you like, but I heard 1500 Stoke fans from the kop as if there were 4000. 

Agree the clappers need binning off big time. They're almost like a free programme now though. 

Edited by RonnieTodger

14 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

. But you’d be stupid to think people will get behind the team when we are 1-0 down against Stoke, I don’t think it’s the “expectancy” of beating these teams , 

lollol So the very time the team need fans the most is when the the fans don't help.

That's the very time fans should be most behind the team lollol No wonder its a shite atmosphere.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

We'd create a much better atmosphere if everyone who iss dotted around the ground who wants to sing were all in the same area. Arranging that on the other hand is another matter. 

This is spot on. If the club were really bothered about the noise levels they'd clear out the G1/SK1 corner or even better the blocks behind the goal at the kop end and designated them singing sections IE unofficial standing areas. But they don't, so they won't. 

11 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This is spot on. If the club were really bothered about the noise levels they'd clear out the G1/SK1 corner or even better the blocks behind the goal at the kop end and designated them singing sections IE unofficial standing areas. But they don't, so they won't. 

I agree, but it's also up to the fans to approach the club into the possibility of changing the seating arrangements as they have at other clubs.

I don't think enough Leicester fans care that much or can be bothered to organize the selves to change anything.

In the 60's and 70's the atmosphere at Filbert st was electric with crowds of 42,000 for big cup games your head was ringing with the noise. Those were the days of  standing with your mates and pay, not much, on the gate. The People who ran the club were butchers rather than billionaires but it was a different world to today's football corporations instead of clubs with the Premier league and Sky/ BT ruining the game for us. Pity we can't emulate the Dortmund fans and protest about game times. We are just high paying props for a TV audience,no wonder it's hard to create an atmosphere. Sorry about the ramble but I so miss the old days.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, foxgas said:

In the 60's and 70's the atmosphere at Filbert st was electric with crowds of 42,000 for big cup games your head was ringing with the noise. Those were the days of  standing with your mates and pay, not much, on the gate. The People who ran the club were butchers rather than billionaires but it was a different world to today's football corporations instead of clubs with the Premier league and Sky/ BT ruining the game for us. Pity we can't emulate the Dortmund fans and protest about game times. We are just high paying props for a TV audience,no wonder it's hard to create an atmosphere. Sorry about the ramble but I so miss the old days.

Oh please. It's people not sky bt or the prem. We still get 30+k whatever time the game is no. Sky bt and the prem have not banned atmosphere its just 95% don't give a toss.

16 hours ago, anstey blueboy said:

Get Leicester playing fast attacking football and the atmosphere will come back, the slow pace we play at the moment stops fans getting excited. 

Ranieri and Kanté won't come back.

16 hours ago, anstey blueboy said:

Get Leicester playing fast attacking football and the atmosphere will come back, the slow pace we play at the moment stops fans getting excited. 

Really?

Would you care to explain the whole kop at filbert st going nuts 30mins before KO.

It's not the football or the winning it's the mentality of the people in the ground. So many now just don't care.

7 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Oh please. It's people not sky bt or the prem. We still get 30+k whatever time the game is no. Sky bt and the prem have not banned atmosphere its just 95% don't give a toss.

Home quarter final 3pm Saturday win or lose down the pubs afterwards or Sunday night with work or school for kids next day. Which do you prefer?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxgas said:

Home quarter final 3pm Saturday win or lose down the pubs afterwards or Sunday night with work or school for kids next day. Which do you prefer?

I really don't get your point. This is about atmosphere not having a pint. Or do you need to be pissed to sing and support your team?