Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Vardy

Just now, lcfc sheff said:

I'm not sure how that's disproving me? (Unless you aren't trying to?)

Oh, I wasn't.

Just trying to praise Vardy from a slightly different angle.

He's a gem, that's for sure. Should be cherished for as long as he stays at this club.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2018 at 14:00, filbertway said:

Seems a bit unnecessary, but we do love throwing our money away

True.  Just hope there is enough left to give Wes a fat pay rise as well as a lengthy contract extension....................

5 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Wonder if arsenal will try and get vardy now wenger is going. 

Arsenal were a club to avoid the last few years. With the right man in charge that could all change. 

They’ve spent £110m on strikers this season, you really think they’re going to offer anywhere close to what we’d want?

why are people so desperate to say Vardy is off? If he was 5 years younger yes but at his age teams won’t pay the fee it would take

5 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Wonder if arsenal will try and get vardy now wenger is going. 

Arsenal were a club to avoid the last few years. With the right man in charge that could all change. 

With Aubameyang and Lacazette on the roster, unlikely.

Unless Vardy wants to play third fiddle behind these two, and with Danny Welbeck waiting for him around the corner.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sylofox said:

In a better team he would leave Kane standing. look at both players shots to goals ratios. Last time I seen it Kane was on three shots to every shot Vardy had for what 6 more goals.

Kane is a more complete forward who can play in multiple formations/styles. The shots to goal ratio isn't a way of measurement seeing that Vardy picks and chooses his shots and doesn't spam them like Kane.

1 hour ago, Wookie said:

When he gets a game at the World Cup he'll be only the second English player to represent us at that level, the last time that happened well... we did alright 

Depends if Maguire starts, Vardy could be the 3rd

• Like 2

Vardy, was integral to the league championship. He was the basis of our game that took the league by surprise, i would like him to stay here and slowly ease him out in the coming years... however, his style has also held back our growth, if we are to change the way we play (which we need to do if we want future success) we need to have alternatives to JV up front.

If he can be bought to stay here for 40K extra a week... then who's to say he wont be bought to play for someone else for an extra 50 -60k ?

It seems to me to be an unusual decision, he has 2/3 years left on existing contract and no-one queuing for him currently.

Again, the money is not the issue at our club, i need to keep reminding myself of this, they really dont care if they are paying 100 or 150, the incomes are so staggering that I need to change my expectations of negotiations... money is no object.

Throw the money at him, and use him as we see fit.

3 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Vardy, was integral to the league championship. He was the basis of our game that took the league by surprise, i would like him to stay here and slowly ease him out in the coming years... however, his style has also held back our growth, if we are to change the way we play (which we need to do if we want future success) we need to have alternatives to JV up front.

If he can be bought to stay here for 40K extra a week... then who's to say he wont be bought to play for someone else for an extra 50 -60k ?

It seems to me to be an unusual decision, he has 2/3 years left on existing contract and no-one queuing for him currently.

Again, the money is not the issue at our club, i need to keep reminding myself of this, they really dont care if they are paying 100 or 150, the incomes are so staggering that I need to change my expectations of negotiations... money is no object.

Throw the money at him, and use him as we see fit.

Not sure that’s true, there is FFP to worry about for a start. Also the temporary wealth from the CL will soon be irrelevant and we then won’t be any richer than other non top 6 clubs in the league.

2 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Not sure that’s true, there is FFP to worry about for a start. Also the temporary wealth from the CL will soon be irrelevant and we then won’t be any richer than other non top 6 clubs in the league.

Ill be honest, I have not studied the FFP rules, but given what the top few clubs are paying their players, i cant imagine we are at risk of FFP breaches.