Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Vardy

Everton determined to sign Jamie Vardy from Leicester as Toffees bid to finally solve striker problem

The Toffees held a meeting last week to discuss their recruitment plans and the Leicester striker is top of the wishlist

Jamie Vardy is the No.1 summer target for Everton .

The Toffees held a meeting last week to discuss their recruitment plans and the Leicester striker is top of the wishlist.

The forward has been a huge success at the Foxes, firing in the goals that earned them an astonishing Premier League title in 2016.

His form earned him an England cap and a new deal at the King Power worth £100,000 a week.

Vardy has a major supporter at Goodison – his former Foxes’ colleague Steve Walsh who is now the director of football at Everton and was responsible for Leicester signing the player for £1million in 2012.

It is believed the 31-year-old would jump at a chance to move to Merseyside where he would get a hefty pay rise in line with top-earners like Wayne Rooney who picks up £150,000 a week.

Everton have been chasing a forward all season after failing to land a suitable replacement for Romelu Lukaku.

Despite his goal on Saturday, Cenk Tosun has been struggling to adapt to the English game since his arrival in January for £23m.

The lack of goals in the Everton team has led to questions about the future of boss Sam Allardyce who only joined the club in November on an 18-month deal.

If Allardyce was sacked he would be in line to pick up £6million – but his backroom staff will only get pay-offs worth three months’ salary.

It is believed Allardyce’s contract would have to be paid in full if he keeps the Merseysiders in the Premier League.

If a change is made then Allardyce will have earned a cool £9m for a six-month stint in the job.

Yet the backroom staff he has recruited to work alongside him at Goodison – assistant manager Craig Shakespeare, coach Sammy Lee, keeper coach Martyn Margetson and performance director Rylands Morgans – will only get minimal pay-offs if they are also released.

Everton show no sign of realising that ambition despite spending almost £280million on players during Moshri’s two-year reign.

Time to cash in???

• Haha 1

Tough call. Been a loyal servant but age will catch up with him sooner than later.

If the club wants to cash in then now is the time.. however if we have big plans to be a top club then keeping him is key for recruitment.

My heart and head says keep him. If a big bid came in id have to reassess though.

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

'It is believed that'

If you need to know if something is fabricated nonsense, just look for those words.

This as well.

...I mean it is believed that Leicester want to make a bid to sign messi this summer....

Honestly I don’t care about the money, it’s not going in my account. I’d happily have him finish his career here if that’s what he wants. We need other options to him and if he’s ok with eventually not being the top dog then fine, if not I’d let him leave.

I can't believe anyone in their right mind would think selling him is a good idea.

Never mind "cash in" or "good business"

Just look through our squad and tell me where the goals are coming from next season, if he goes? 

Even more so if Riyad goes as well.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

You could tell it was bollocks when it said "it is believed the 31 year old would jump at the chance to move to merseyside".

As if anyone in human history has ever 'jumped at the chance' to move to merseyside.

To be fair i'd jump at the chance but im a 38 year old father of 2 that could lose 20 lbs. Heck id jump at a chance to play for scunthorpe or the local ladies team.

Edited by Jattdogg

Would be mad to lose Vardy and Mahrez in the same window or at all, as they are the only 2 people who know where back of the net is.

We don’t have any other prominent goal scorers in our team.

A rgelation battle would would follow