Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Vardy

Our whole story over the past few years has been ridiculous and occasionally when you pause to think it's only made even more ridiculous by the fact it was a former factory worker that inspired it. Of all the clubs in the world, across premier league history it was us that got to witness it, lucky bastards.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

No I’m saying  not sure he said be given a 50k payrise unless a concrete offer actually comes in for him

I really really hope you aren’t John Rudkin but that sounds like the type of thing he would say.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Seems a bit unnecessary, but we do love throwing our money away

It’s not unnecessary it’s actually imperative - Club’s are circling and he will easily be offered the same money elsewhere. Whilst replacing a 15 to 20 goal a season striker is near on impossible plus the impact he has around the club/dressing room is critical to our success...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

oh ffs. did lineker ever play a huge part in us winning the greatest title in english football?

That doesn’t make him better ffs lol 

so if we signed messi and he scored 50 goals a season for three seasons but won nothing , Vardys a better player because he won the premier league. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

It’s not unnecessary it’s actually imperative - Club’s are circling and he will easily be offered the same money elsewhere. Whilst replacing a 15 to 20 goal a season striker is near on impossible plus the impact he has around the club/dressing room is critical to our success...

Who are these clubs? I can't see any team in the top 6 needing him.

He's contracted for another 2 seasons, that should be just about right.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Hang on, in one breath people are saying "Get rid of the title winning players, they've got too much player power" and in the next people are saying this.

Can't have it both ways.

I think this has been done because if a club comes in for Vardy he'll want out, he's being suffocated in this style, having to work even harder than he already did, playing everywhere except where he is supposed to, I can't actually understand how he's still scoring in this style, shows how good his conversion rate is I guess, fair play him, it's frustrating to watch so he must be even more frustrated about lack of attacking threat and chances though.

Edited by Matt

I really would be devo'd if he left the club. My hope is he becomes the Peter Crouch of Leicester and in another 6 years is still playing for us and coming on scoring goals as an impact sub. 

Riyad is going and it will be a disappointment, but if i had the choice i would choose Vardy over Riyad everyday of the week. 

• Like 3

I don’t think Vardy will have a particularly good World Cup (through no fault of his own) so I would imagine that other clubs will be looking at other strikers in the summer. I’m pretty certain he’ll be here next season. 

31 minutes ago, Matt said:

Hang on, in one breath people are saying "Get rid of the title winning players, they've got too much player power" and in the next people are saying this.

Can't have it both ways.

I think this has been done because if a club comes in for Vardy he'll want out, he's being suffocated in this style, having to work even harder than he already did, playing everywhere except where he is supposed to, I can't actually understand how he's still scoring in this style, shows how good his conversion rate is I guess, fair play him, it's frustrating to watch so he must be even more frustrated about lack of attacking threat and chances though.

I already posted this elsewhere according to premier league stats he touches the ball 22 times a game on average 

absolutely astonishing how he’s managed to score as many as he has this season  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Can't have it both ways.

He's scoring more than he did last season. Maybe this style isnt so bad for him. Evidenced by his goal return, which is very respectable

He's had much worse patches under our old style. The problem is the team not defending well enough to make his goals count

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Can't have it both ways.

3 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

I already posted this elsewhere according to premier league stats he touches the ball 22 times a game on average 

absolutely astonishing how he’s managed to score as many as he has this season  

Whats astonishing or hard to understand?

Hes a poacher/on the shoulder type forward. Some of his touches are running to close down opposition players but mostly, he relies on service and the chances he scores from are close range one touch finishes. Hence the low amount of touches on the ball.

Hes not a forward that will come deep and involve himself in the buildup much, although he has done this more under Puel. Thats one of the main reasons its important for us to try and find a creative number 10 who can open things up more.

When he is given a chance, he is usually given a very good chance. Everton home, Newcastle home, Brighton away, Burnley away, the penalties he has scored just as a few off the top of my head.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Donut said:

Whats astonishing or hard to understand?

Hes a poacher/on the shoulder type forward. Some of his touches are running to close down opposition players but mostly, he relies on service and the chances he scores from are close range one touch finishes. Hence the low amount of touches on the ball.

Hes not a forward that will come deep and involve himself in the buildup much, although he has done this more under Puel. Thats one of the main reasons its important for us to try and find a creative number 10 who can open things up more.

When he is given a chance, he is usually given a very good chance. Everton home, Newcastle home, Brighton away, Burnley away, the penalties he has scored just as a few off the top of my head.

Answered your own question.

Sideways, sideways, backwards, sideways, backwards.

Service is lacking, that's what I find amazing, surprising and astonishing about his current form, not putting words into @jammie82uk mouth but I assume he has the same or a similar opinion.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I really would be devo'd if he left the club. My hope is he becomes the Peter Crouch of Leicester and in another 6 years is still playing for us and coming on scoring goals as an impact sub. 

Riyad is going and it will be a disappointment, but if i had the choice i would choose Vardy over Riyad everyday of the week. 

Talking of crouch, I would take him off stoke when they go down.

great option off the bench.

Just now, Matt said:

Answered your own question.

Sideways, sideways, backwards, sideways, backwards.

Service is lacking, that's what I find amazing, surprising and astonishing about his current form, not putting words into jammie82uk's mouths but I assumed he has the same or a similar opinion.

Well, no it isnt lacking, because as ive said above, he still gets a number of extremely good chances made for him, hence lots of close range finishes and one touch finishes, meaning his total number of touches are low.

The quality of the chance he receives at the end of the move is why he has the highest conversion rate in the league.

What he has to provide is off the ball movement, intelligent runs, drawing defenders away, appreciation of space, anticipation of putting himself in the right positions to play in the position and role he does, not having lots of touches on the ball.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

No I’m saying  not sure he said be given a 50k payrise unless a concrete offer actually comes in for him

And then you’ve got the hassle and worry about him leaving. I say, tie your best players down with decent contracts that makes them want to stay at the club

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Get it done. 

Would hate to see him playing for another English side.

Yeah he can't leave unless he goes and rocks up playing part time for Las Palmas or Mallorca or something doing beach tours on his days off.