Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Vardy

2 hours ago, Guest said:

He is definitely a little slower nowadays and sadly you're deluding yourself if you think otherwise, but that's balanced out by the fact that he's a much better footballer than he used to be. His touch, passing and anticipation/movement are first rate and the amount of goals he's scoring with first time finishes in the box - this season and last - suggests he's perfectly capable of adapting his game and not just relying on running in behind and onto through balls. Think he's got a good few years left at this level, provided he looks after his body well and gets chances created for him

That’s the worry for me. His diet is terrible and does almost no gym work

1 hour ago, Richard said:

That’s the worry for me. His diet is terrible and does almost no gym work

I admit it's a fairly big "if" for someone who tanks Red Bulls and chewing tobacco. Somehow it seems to work for him though - he's never looked short of fitness for any prolonged period of time as far as I can recall. Hopefully the sports science and physio lads get stuck into him if it starts to become a problem

37 minutes ago, Guest said:

I admit it's a fairly big "if" for someone who tanks Red Bulls and chewing tobacco. Somehow it seems to work for him though - he's never looked short of fitness for any prolonged period of time as far as I can recall. Hopefully the sports science and physio lads get stuck into him if it starts to become a problem

True if it works for him. I also feared the way we held him together through the 15/16 run-in - constant injections etc may have taken its toll long term but seems to have been ok

10 hours ago, Tiny earl said:

Where's the proof? Or is it just your opinion!

It's in the article that others have posted. In black and white, it's a dip in speed. Only a fraction but a dip it was. 

Plus nobody dodges the laws of nature. 

10 hours ago, Ashley said:

Uses more energy especially at that level he's the same if not quicker.

Except, he wasn't at the time of that article as his speeds had dipped. He's built like a whippet, perhaps he's not done the yards many pros will have done at his age. So his decline may well be slower and more gradual, but decline he will, it's a fact of life.

9 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

So he's slower than 2015 then, thanks for confirming.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

So he's slower than 2015 then, thanks for confirming.

He is according to that but the reason I posted it was because It’s Very Marginal to a point where you wouldn’t be able to tell just by watching him as people are claiming 

28 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

He is according to that but the reason I posted it was because It’s Very Marginal to a point where you wouldn’t be able to tell just by watching him as people are claiming 

I think maybe he’s lost that glow in his eyes a little bit that he had in the title winning season where he had everything to prove which some fans can probably notice. That’s not to say he doesn’t have enough desire anymore, absolutely no one can question him over that!

13 minutes ago, RutlanderFox said:

I think maybe he’s lost that glow in his eyes a little bit that he had in the title winning season where he had everything to prove which some fans can probably notice. That’s not to say he doesn’t have enough desire anymore, absolutely no one can question him over that!

I disagree - I think he showed plenty of 'glow in his eyes' at West Brom last Saturday -and I’m sure will have again on Sunday!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2018 at 18:44, Guest said:

He is definitely a little slower nowadays and sadly you're deluding yourself if you think otherwise, but that's balanced out by the fact that he's a much better footballer than he used to be. His touch, passing and anticipation/movement are first rate and the amount of goals he's scoring with first time finishes in the box - this season and last - suggests he's perfectly capable of adapting his game and not just relying on running in behind and onto through balls. Think he's got a good few years left at this level, provided he looks after his body well and gets chances created for him

He really doesn't look to be slowing down and he looks as hungry as ever. He has at least another season after this as being the main, perhaps even sole, striker. There's barely another striker in the Premier League that I'd want more, certainly none with his qualities and the partnership he has with Mahrez.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 15:44, Stevosevic said:

LA Galaxy it is lol

Beaten to the punch

zlatan.JPG.2564e8b2e540100e6e9b181ca5e82036.JPG

If (as predicted by our media) Ibrahimovic can look good playing there into his dotage, JV a couple years from now would terrorize that league with his guile, finishing ability, and 90% of his current pace. 

On 15/03/2018 at 13:18, Captain... said:

I’m 36 now and faster than I was 3-4 years ago. Thus proving that you get faster with age (and it had nothing to do with me being a lazy twat who drank too much and did no exercise in my early thirties).

I can’t imagine you were your peak (training the same as you are now, similar weight etc...), where as Vardy will have been hitting his personal maximum for the past few years. As age increases your potential physical maximum decreases on the whole. It’s possible he could get quicker but that kind of change would effect his aerobic capacity which he also heavily relies on. 

Edit - I’m not suggesting he’ll get markedly slower but I can’t see him getting quicker either.

Edited by Leeds Fox

To still have the pace he has at his age is phenomenal, comparing him to Joachim whose main asset was pace and which left him rather rapidly I’d say Vardy is doing exceptionally well, although different era’s I do wonder how someone like Joachim would of thrived in the modern game with all the backroom support players get now.

2 minutes ago, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

I’ve never understood the appeal of Ibrahimovic’s egotism. 

It's an interesting point you make. I hate ego normally, but for some reason he gets away with it somehow for me.

It just seems cheeky rather than being a dick.

And I guess he has backed up his ego over his whole career, which also helps. 

I'd love to know if his whole persona is just purely arrogance, or maybe sometimes laughing at himself as well. 

He's certainly a character which is too often lacking in top level sport.

3 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

To still have the pace he has at his age is phenomenal, comparing him to Joachim whose main asset was pace and which left him rather rapidly I’d say Vardy is doing exceptionally well, although different era’s I do wonder how someone like Joachim would of thrived in the modern game with all the backroom support players get now.

You could put your mortgage on the fact Joachim would still have other distractions that ruined his performance and great potential.