Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

Managed to get to two of the five pub-breweries in Dusseldorf while I was over there earlier this week. Really liked the Alt gear they sell there, fresh and really flavourful too. Much better than that Kolsch shite they sell up the Rhine.

Edited by Voll Blau

15 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Mate, let me know if you'll be in the Fox late afternoon/tea time on Boxing Day. My brother in law lives opposite it and we'll be up there on Boxing Day. Could do with an excuse to nip out and get away from the MIL for a bit lol

Thats part of Christmas I'm afraid Muzzett ...   having to put up with the broom rider ...  :)

Sounds like a great idea but I may have to play it by ear ...    I know we are meant to be here there and everywhere that day but I may be able to wangle something ....    leave it with me ..  :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My last beer was 4 days ago. I'm doing some sort of keto diet - although I don't think I've read the rules properly as I've never eaten so much butter, steak and cheese. I'm not going to question it; I'm having too much fun.

That last day though, I finished off a load of beers hanging around the house after Christmas. Lagers, ales, stouts etc. The pick of that particular bunch was Efes (not the standard one but can't remember what it was), but this was amongst a bunch of generic beers like Amstel, Carlsberg, Heineken, London Pride, Bombardier, Fursty Ferrett (nice ale actually).

Going to see if I feel okay on this diet and if it works for me. I launch a new business 1st Feb so might allow myself a few Efes and maybe even some bubbles then.

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

My last beer was 4 days ago. I'm doing some sort of keto diet - although I don't think I've read the rules properly as I've never eaten so much butter, steak and cheese. I'm not going to question it; I'm having too much fun.

That last day though, I finished off a load of beers hanging around the house after Christmas. Lagers, ales, stouts etc. The pick of that particular bunch was Efes (not the standard one but can't remember what it was), but this was amongst a bunch of generic beers like Amstel, Carlsberg, Heineken, London Pride, Bombardier, Fursty Ferrett (nice ale actually).

Going to see if I feel okay on this diet and if it works for me. I launch a new business 1st Feb so might allow myself a few Efes and maybe even some bubbles then.

Isn’t a Ketogenic diet high protein? Pretty sure that doesn’t cover cheese.

Last pint I had was Cwtch in Tiny Rebel Newport, lovely beer. I’ve cut right down and back on my fitness regime so my next booze will be in Buxton next week. Really looking forward to going to the brewery there, they do some cracking beers.

Edited by Costock_Fox

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

That sounds like my kind of diet :D

Just now, Unabomber said:

Nah it’s high fat moderate protein no carbs. I’ve done it before but it’s not sustainable for long term imo.

Ah fair enough, I read about it quite a lot because my dog is epileptic and apparently it’s been known to help but they can get stuffed if they think I’m feeding them mature cheddar.

45 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Nah it’s high fat moderate protein no carbs. I’ve done it before but it’s not sustainable for long term imo.

Did you get good results? I am not bothered about most carbs; but struggling a bit with not having sugar. Can't quite work out if I can have milk in my tea, so just drinking it black.

I've not lost any weight, but I've eaten a lot of meat and a lot of cheese and a lot of delicious veg. 

I actually used to cut out carbs in the run up to Christmas, I find carbs can 'slow you down' and I always enjoyed that, but could then never resist going back!

5 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Did you get good results? I am not bothered about most carbs; but struggling a bit with not having sugar. Can't quite work out if I can have milk in my tea, so just drinking it black.

I've not lost any weight, but I've eaten a lot of meat and a lot of cheese and a lot of delicious veg. 

I actually used to cut out carbs in the run up to Christmas, I find carbs can 'slow you down' and I always enjoyed that, but could then never resist going back!

Yeah did alright and when I cut down now I generally just reduce carbs, but eat high protein and moderate fats. Found keto gave me headaches though and felt foggy after a while. 

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah did alright and when I cut down now I generally just reduce carbs, but eat high protein and moderate fats. Found keto gave me headaches though and felt foggy after a while. 

I know I'm derailing the thread, but in truth that's sort of my thing (why start a thread when you can just temporarily repurpose a fine existing one?), but I think that's the approach I will take in future too. I usually regret filling up on things like bread and potatoes... and all our bodies actually struggle with bread, we just can't digest and process it easily.

I'll enjoy the high fat feasting while it lasts!

4 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Wotcha Jon!

Congrats on the 10k posts. I bet it slipped by unnoticed by yourself and you probably wasted it on a crap one didn't you?

Hope the family is all good and of course the hat... 

Oh god.  It was about Rachel Riley and antisemitism. Could be worse!

we are good, moving to Australia this year! You all well?

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

Oh god.  It was about Rachel Riley and antisemitism. Could be worse!

we are good, moving to Australia this year! You all well?

We are absolutely fine, but sadly not moving to Australia. I did move about 150 yards during a recent house move though, so don't think you're getting one up on me!

Family all good. Starting a new venture in a few weeks. See how it goes. Hoping I don't need to go back to 'working for the man'.

Bloody man.

4 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

We are absolutely fine, but sadly not moving to Australia. I did move about 150 yards during a recent house move though, so don't think you're getting one up on me!

Family all good. Starting a new venture in a few weeks. See how it goes. Hoping I don't need to go back to 'working for the man'.

Bloody man.

Yeah well I did marry an Aussie girl and keep her here for 14 years.  It has its moments!  £5k in for visas so far.

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Yeah well I did marry an Aussie girl and keep her here for 14 years.  It has its moments!  £5k in for visas so far.

1) Apologies about the Skippy comment. It definitely wasn't casually racist.

2) Does she know David Oldfield, Danny Tiatto, Steve Corica or Zelkjo Kalac.

3) Good luck, mate!

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Isn’t a Ketogenic diet high protein? Pretty sure that doesn’t cover cheese.

Last pint I had was Cwtch in Tiny Rebel Newport, lovely beer. I’ve cut right down and back on my fitness regime so my next booze will be in Buxton next week. Really looking forward to going to the brewery there, they do some cracking beers.

A Keto diet is Low Carb, High Fat and moderate protein. You can have cheese no problem but have to limit it, due to the amount of calories it has.

I have been eating low carb on and off for years, but decided i would really get back into strict Keto eating this January. It works well for some people but not for others, i guess its similar to any diet or way of eating. 

3 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Butter steak and cheese is fine on Keto... Beer is a TOTAL NO NO though... the simple way to follow Keto is to just look at the carb value of everything you eat or drink.. 

Meat and cheese are very low on carbs so aslong as you dont eat 32oz steak & a block of cheese for every meal its fine. 

Beer is really bad as its 13g carbs per tin and to be in keto you need to be eating less than 25g of carbs per day:D 

Alcohol is ok (after the initial 2 weeks of being dry) but best to stick to gin/vodka/whisky etc with a zero calorie mixer. Wine isnt too bad either. 

3 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Butter steak and cheese is fine on Keto... Beer is a TOTAL NO NO though... the simple way to follow Keto is to just look at the carb value of everything you eat or drink.. 

Meat and cheese are very low on carbs so aslong as you dont eat 32oz steak & a block of cheese for every meal its fine. 

Beer is really bad as its 13g carbs per tin and to be in keto you need to be eating less than 25g of carbs per day:D 

Alcohol is ok (after the initial 2 weeks of being dry) but best to stick to gin/vodka/whisky etc with a zero calorie mixer. Wine isnt too bad either. 

I will probably just not drink at all; but if I feel I want to indulge, I'll drink whisky or gin. I can enjoy either with no mixer. I note tonic isn't very keto friendly.

Where do you stand on milk? Do you think milk in tea is okay? I want to make sure I end up in ketosis. Been feeling the need to drink more and more water so I reckon I might be there.

Thanks for the advice by the way. There is a position open as my keto coach and between yourself and Una, we may have that covered off! 

EDIT: I really am eating genuinely cheese, steak and veg currently. Aside from that I made myself a tandoori style chicken dish yesterday and a pork belly dish also.

Tomorrow I'm actually having a proper keto dish as per a website, which the wife is making us both, tuna, avocado, boiled eggs, spinach and mayonnaise. I like all those things other than avocado. Avocado seems to be a real keto thing.

Edited by The People's Hero

2 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Was back in Suffolk not long ago and forgot how nice an Adnams can be when it hasn't traveled. Honestly does not taste the same outside of East Anglia

You're absolutely right. There were a number of pubs that did Broadside down here (Kent) and it was terrible. Tried it in it home area and it was a lovely drop.

Found 4 cans of Ghost Ship earlier, which I'll enjoy some time in Feb.