Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

14 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

A Keto diet is Low Carb, High Fat and moderate protein. You can have cheese no problem but have to limit it, due to the amount of calories it has.

I have been eating low carb on and off for years, but decided i would really get back into strict Keto eating this January. It works well for some people but not for others, i guess its similar to any diet or way of eating. 

5 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Butter steak and cheese is fine on Keto... Beer is a TOTAL NO NO though... the simple way to follow Keto is to just look at the carb value of everything you eat or drink.. 

Meat and cheese are very low on carbs so aslong as you dont eat 32oz steak & a block of cheese for every meal its fine. 

Beer is really bad as its 13g carbs per tin and to be in keto you need to be eating less than 25g of carbs per day:D 

Alcohol is ok (after the initial 2 weeks of being dry) but best to stick to gin/vodka/whisky etc with a zero calorie mixer. Wine isnt too bad either. 

I tried the Kato diet and lost loads ...      every time I opened the fridge to get something to eat he jumped out and smacked me with a stick ...   worked for me but I did seem to get a lot of bruises ...  

769BE3AE-B286-4DF2-9D63-4814FC6D06C5.jpeg

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I will probably just not drink at all; but if I feel I want to indulge, I'll drink whisky or gin. I can enjoy either with no mixer. I note tonic isn't very keto friendly.

Where do you stand on milk? Do you think milk in tea is okay? I want to make sure I end up in ketosis. Been feeling the need to drink more and more water so I reckon I might be there.

Thanks for the advice by the way. There is a position open as my keto coach and between yourself and Una, we may have that covered off! 

EDIT: I really am eating genuinely cheese, steak and veg currently. Aside from that I made myself a tandoori style chicken dish yesterday and a pork belly dish also.

Tomorrow I'm actually having a proper keto dish as per a website, which the wife is making us both, tuna, avocado, boiled eggs, spinach and mayonnaise. I like all those things other than avocado. Avocado seems to be a real keto thing.

Cow milk is a nope, as way to high in carbs but there are many alternatives you can have which are fine Soya Milk, Almond Milk (unsweetend) even coconut milk. Tbh i have tried all and dont like them. What i do is have a teaspoon of double cream (YES this is FINE) in a mug with some cold water, add coffee and hot water. :D

Any questions you have or help needed feel free to PM me or message in diet thread as im sure we will get told off for derailing this one if we continue.

Avocado is one of, if not the best keto food as its so high in natural fats, i love it and go thru 3+ a week. 

Curry is totally fine as long as you make it yourself and know what goes into it. Be careful with store bought jars etc as they have a shit ton of sugar in them and are not keto friendly. Also bear in mind, rice isnt allowed. But as with pretty much anything there are alternatives. I make cauliflower rice, which is basically cauliflower shredded to consistency of rice and then heated in microwave. I cant even tell the difference nowdays and its virtually no carbs. 

2 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Just had a ‘Creme Bearlee’ by Beartown Brewery. A very nice vanilla stout. 

Been to the Beartown brewery in Congleton....they do some good beers.Where did you get the Creme Bearlee?Don't see their beer's down here very often.

9 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Been to the Beartown brewery in Congleton....they do some good beers.Where did you get the Creme Bearlee?Don't see their beer's down here very often.

I have a friend who manages a bar in Sheffield and she got me them as a birthday gift through the suppliers I’m guessing. Two Tailed Lion had some of there beers on tap last week though I think 

Worth mention to ‘Bathams Bitter’ in the Great Western pub, Wolverhampton. Sometimes you drink cask and you just know it’s travelled/kegs aren’t clean, whereas this slipped down your throat. 

Other delights included a Loka Polla ipa and Siren stout (back in Brum mind)

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Worth mention to ‘Bathams Bitter’ in the Great Western pub, Wolverhampton. Sometimes you drink cask and you just know it’s travelled/kegs aren’t clean, whereas this slipped down your throat. 

Other delights included a Loka Polla ipa and Siren stout (back in Brum mind)

Bathams is superb at the best of times but in the Black Country it's sensational.