Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah it was deserted and the beer wasn’t up to much. 

It was busy enough when I went months back but I didn't rate the staff and it put me off enough to swerve it. When the Two Tailed Lion and Blue Boar are round the corner I'd sooner not spend my cash there.

Anyone been in the Orange Tree since it reopened?

On 02/09/2019 at 21:33, Langston said:

It was busy enough when I went months back but I didn't rate the staff and it put me off enough to swerve it. When the Two Tailed Lion and Blue Boar are round the corner I'd sooner not spend my cash there.

Anyone been in the Orange Tree since it reopened?

Yeah The Orange Tree is still decent, not changed all that much but the outside area is better now. New food menu is very nice 

• Like 1

Finally went in the new look Clarendon at the weekend. Had an average pint of Amstel and poor pint of Moretti served to me by bar staff wearing braces.  Fancy grey tiles on the wall and they now do food. Place was packed out but I didn't really feel it. 

2 hours ago, Soup said:

Finally went in the new look Clarendon at the weekend. Had an average pint of Amstel and poor pint of Moretti served to me by bar staff wearing braces.  Fancy grey tiles on the wall and they now do food. Place was packed out but I didn't really feel it. 

I'd only recently seen the refurb, not very sympathetic to what it's actually meant to be, looks like Soar Point lite

Probably being melodramatic but Leicester must be the worst reasonably sized city for pubs. Almost every single one is completely bog standard where you can only get the usual beers.

Look at Nottingham’s pub map compared to ours and the population of both cities is near identical.

lrg_leicester1st.90b6b4.gif

Nottingham2.gif

Edited by Stadt
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Probably being melodramatic but Leicester must be the worst reasonably sized city for pubs. Almost every single one is completely bog standard where you can the usual beers.

Look at Nottingham’s pub map compared to ours and the population of both cities is near identical.

Nottingham2.gif

We just have a crap drinking and pub culture in this city. Everywhere is either dead or closed in the week

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/09/2019 at 08:34, grobyfox1990 said:

Mr President from Brewdog, 9.2% and smooth. Gone off Brewdog of late but this was nice

Brewdog is like the weed of craft beer, it’s great when you first discover it but then you end up trying crack and then it’s shit.

I’m just drinking their Lost Lager now and it’s alright to be fair although I haven’t been drinking anything I can get my hands on for a while which probably explains it.

• Like 1

On 04/09/2019 at 11:47, Stadt said:

Probably being melodramatic but Leicester must be the worst reasonably sized city for pubs. Almost every single one is completely bog standard where you can only get the usual beers.

Nottingham2.gif

I live in Nottingham I while there's certainly more places for a great pint in the centre - half the gaffs on the map no longer exist or are cocktail shitheaps

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Anyone know any good supermarkets or independent shops in London to buy decent beers? I like all Belgian beers (mainly trappist), otherwise off best shouts, wheat or hoppy ipa's

Where are you located? Try Caps and Taps in Kentish Town - equidistant from Camden Town and Kentish Town tube stations, or Drinkers Paradise, also in Kentish Town, head north and hang a left after Caps and Taps. South of the river Clapton Kraft...although there's a branch in you guessed, Kentish Town too. (Spent a lot of time there - can you tell?). Bottledog is worth a try on Gray's Inn Road - often patronised by the barristers. I often work in Greenwich and the nearby Hop Stuff Brewery in Woolwich is great. All of these will cater for your tastes. but if you want a good pub that sells Belgian beer then I recommend finding The Dovetail in labyrinthine alleys of Clerkenwell. A real hidden jewel that. 

• Like 1