Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

• 3 weeks later...

Leicester Beer Festival posted a £6,900 loss this year, most of the cash going on the rent to the Haymarket.

It's not the right venue for that and everybody called it, you won't encourage enough new drinkers by moving four hundred yards.

Leicester's drinking culture is dogshit. Ale Wagon / Blue Boar / Two Tailed are tremendous and would be fawned over anywhere else in the country but beyond that all we have are ten a penny gaffs.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Leicester's drinking culture is dogshit. Ale Wagon / Blue Boar / Two Tailed are tremendous and would be fawned over anywhere else in the country but beyond that all we have are ten a penny gaffs.

Adnam's lager is great, only ever seen it in the ale wagon. One of the best (of a bad bunch of) English lagers I've ever had.

On 12/10/2019 at 01:11, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Leicester Beer Festival posted a £6,900 loss this year, most of the cash going on the rent to the Haymarket.

It's not the right venue for that and everybody called it, you won't encourage enough new drinkers by moving four hundred yards.

Considering how many people now live in town nowadays it's shocking how dead the evenings are. Friday night being the most bizarre, genuinely feels like a Wednesday night in the bar's and pubs. 

On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 19:01, Manini said:

Probably get slated for this but the 90p bottles of Rheinbacher Pilsner that Aldi do are a lovely drop. 

Anyone had the bottles of Weiss Beer from there an'all? I thought they were spot on but my mate thinks they're heinous. It's no Erdinger for blasting you full ball in the face but for £1.20 a bottle they are decent.

Been picking up some tins of "Innis & Gunn" lager from Lidl for the last couple of months. It's lovely.

Thought it was their own knock-off brand, but after a quick Google it turns out it's a craft lager they've randomly been stocking. It's available in proper shops like Waitrose and everything. 

5 RoboFox Stars. 

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Is this available in shops

Yeah, I found it in Asda last week so guess most major supermarkets would stock it?

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Been picking up some tins of "Innis & Gunn" lager from Lidl for the last couple of months. It's lovely.

Thought it was their own knock-off brand, but after a quick Google it turns out it's a craft lager they've randomly been stocking. It's available in proper shops like Waitrose and everything. 

5 RoboFox Stars. 

Their Mango IPA is off the scale. Great beer.

Also need to try some more beers from the Magpie Brewery. Had a pint of their Best Bitter in the pub the other week, and ended up having three more. Nottingham-based so guessing the owners are Notts County fans...

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Anyone had the bottles of Weiss Beer from there an'all? I thought they were spot on but my mate thinks they're heinous. It's no Erdinger for blasting you full ball in the face but for £1.20 a bottle they are decent.

On my list to try from there. Had one of the “Galahad” beers from there the other day (it was called Galahad I had to). Not even sure what it was meant to be - it was how I imagine Sainsbury’s basics larger to taste. 

Also tried their version of Corona - decent. 

• Like 1

On 13 October 2019 at 17:49, Soup said:

Considering how many people now live in town nowadays it's shocking how dead the evenings are. Friday night being the most bizarre, genuinely feels like a Wednesday night in the bar's and pubs. 

I'm rarely in town at night these days, being a somewhat elderly bleeder, but I was recently and was also struck by its quietness.

Can't quite work out if the decline of drinking culture, proper boozers etc is a good thing or not.

Another thing that seems to have vanished are casual games of football on parks and reccies or just on the street. Used to be full of impromptu teams kicking a ball about, now they're just empty spaces with the odd dog-walker.

Not one for rose-tinted specs, but I'm kind of glad I was young when I was...

I was shocked walking round tesco the other day to see Cornish Rattler Cider. Not usually a Tesco shopper but havent seen this nector anywhere other than Devon / Cornwall. 3 x 500ml for £5 to. Anyone know if they stock it all year round? If not i may go and stock up!

Aldi's Rheinbacher is made by these guys... https://www.oettinger-bier.de/beer just been working with them on a project for next year.

On 13/10/2019 at 18:41, Unabomber said:

Not heard of this ale wagon place before, is it any good? @Miquel The Work Geordie

Old man gaff but if u crave that cask it's best gaff in the city baby! Two tailed lion is supob pop pop pop LEICESTER IS GREAT. It doesn't deserve half the hammering it gets