Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

I don’t know about favourite but Buxton Tap House is quality and I went in a place in York the other week called The house of trembling madness which was a stunning building.

Been to both of those very good. Brew in Ashby is my favourite local, they have great drafts on that are always changing and also a good bottle/can selection that you can drink in.

They had the Neapolitan dessert in a can on Saturday that I want to try, went back Sunday to get it but alas it was gone. 

I’m in Manchester a week on sat and then Sheffield the week after it anyone has any recommendations? 

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Been to both of those very good. Brew in Ashby is my favourite local, they have great drafts on that are always changing and also a good bottle/can selection that you can drink in.

They had the Neapolitan dessert in a can on Saturday that I want to try, went back Sunday to get it but alas it was gone. 

I’m in Manchester a week on sat and then Sheffield the week after it anyone has any recommendations? 

Beermoth in Manchester is meant to be unreal mate 

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Sheffield head to Kelham Island.

Fat Cat, Kelham Island Tavern, Wellington, Gardners Rest, Riverside, Harlequin, Shakesperes are all top draw.

Such a fantastic city to booze in.

Edited by SemperEadem

sure i’ve said it in this thread before but tapped is crap these days. the bevs are nice but it always stinks and it’s always full of homeless people and there is zero atmosphere. 

as far as leeds centre goes for actual pubs not bars white locks is a gaff. but me and @Miquel The Work Geordie’s favourite boozer is aire bar x

ship and mitre is class tbf. dunno why the writing here changed size but fair play IT IS CLASS

Edited by ScouseFox
  • Haha 1

Had a pint of ABK's Festbier last week in a pop up place in Sheff, cracking beer and does feel very Christmassy - I'm sure the bloke said it was £6 though. I'd never seen or heard of Krušovice until earlier had a pint in a new pub that's opened up in Kelham, went down nicely.

Up top 90 pubs visited up here now in just over 2 years. Ideally I hit 100 by Christmas.

11 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Sheffield head to Kelham Island.

Fat Cat, Kelham Island Tavern, Wellington, Gardners Rest, Riverside, Harlequin, Shakesperes are all top draw.

Such a fantastic city to booze in.

Yeah Kelham Island is unreal for food and beer, I wish Leicester had an area even slightly similar to it 

2 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Yeah Kelham Island is unreal for food and beer, I wish Leicester had an area even slightly similar to it 

Hopefully Frog Island follows suit (can’t see it actually happening though), the amount of apartments that have gone up around the ring road should create the footfall for decent, independent businesses to spring up 

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Hopefully Frog Island follows suit (can’t see it actually happening though), the amount of apartments that have gone up around the ring road should create the footfall for decent, independent businesses to spring up 

Always seems to be rumours about that whole area being gentrified but it hasnt happened yet disappointingly  

24 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Anyone have any food recommendations for Sheffield seeing as everyone loves it so much? There’s a pizza place on Kelham island which looks good

The Rutland do a great roast. Church (owner by the bloke from Bring Me The Horizon) do very good vegan food. Five Rivers do some amazing Vietnamese food and Tamper is a place that does food from New Zealand that was bang on 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Has anyone tried the Tynt Meadow (Trappist Brewery) Ale from Coalville? Was thinking of asking for a few bottles and a couple of glasses for Crimbo.

Yeah I like it, not sure if you are familiar with Belgian/ Trappist beers but this is a very good example of a dubbel. 

• Like 1