Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

41 minutes ago, Milo said:

Dunno what to call it, but just made a delish IPA  from scratch, including, for the first time, using only home grown hops :beer:

Used Challenger hops, open to naming suggestions for the beer...

Soyunbew :cheers:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lcfc_lass10 said:

Samuel Smith lager isn’t bad. Had a bottle in the Blue Boar a few weeks back. 

I’ve heard it doesn’t identify as a lager.

Had a can of The Lifers by Omnipollo last night, I can’t say it was very beery but wow, tastes like a bag of skittles lol 

Edited by Costock_Fox

3 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

On Friday I had an unbelievable pint after work at the Fox and Grapes in Nottingham, Northern Monk and North Riding collab, a milk stout around 6% but barely tasted alcoholic, Don't Mess With Udders.

Herbert Kilpin had Northern Monk's Festive Star on too, glorious stuff.

I had a Northern Monk Cherry Coke sour the other week, average unfortunately.

48 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I had a Northern Monk Cherry Coke sour the other week, average unfortunately.

That Festive Star is lovely as are most of their dark beers, the Mocha porter they put out is lovely - but my mate had a very sessionable IPA by them, about 2.8%, called Striding Edge (I think, if not then something similar) and it was genuinely one of the worst beers I've ever tasted, and not for the lack of alcohol (I don't mind a fair few non alcoholic beers). Have you tried that cereal milk IPA they've bought out recently? That's not too bad but a bit rich.

Speaking of average beers, there's a gaff in Nottingham that has a lot of Cloudwater on all the time and I don't think I've ever found their beers anything other than palette stripping.

Keans Head had Siege of Karthoum by Wilde Child on the other day though and it's one of my favourite drops, even if I find their beers a bit gimmicky.

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

Leicester - The Globe

Liverpool - Ship & Mitre

Birmingham - Post Office Vaults

Sheffield - New Barrack Tavern/Beer Engine/Red Deer

Leeds - Tapped

Beer Engine is top drawer as is Post Office Vaults. Tapped opened in my last year of uni and I have a soft spot for it and nip in whenever I'm back but by all accounts it's lost its gloss the last year or so which is a massive shame.

44 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

That Festive Star is lovely as are most of their dark beers, the Mocha porter they put out is lovely - but my mate had a very sessionable IPA by them, about 2.8%, called Striding Edge (I think, if not then something similar) and it was genuinely one of the worst beers I've ever tasted, and not for the lack of alcohol (I don't mind a fair few non alcoholic beers). Have you tried that cereal milk IPA they've bought out recently? That's not too bad but a bit rich.

Speaking of average beers, there's a gaff in Nottingham that has a lot of Cloudwater on all the time and I don't think I've ever found their beers anything other than palette stripping.

Keans Head had Siege of Karthoum by Wilde Child on the other day though and it's one of my favourite drops, even if I find their beers a bit gimmicky.

No mate but it sounds interesting.

Had the new canned Buxton V Omnipollo Ice cream pale ale the other day, decent but preferred it in the bottles they used to do.