Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

4 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Had a good few Tigers last night the Barley Mow, tasted lovely.

What's it like in there now mate? I remember going in just after it had a lick of paint and it was fine, well enough done out inside, but walking past it recently and the crowds outside put me right off.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

What's it like in there now mate? I remember going in just after it had a lick of paint and it was fine, well enough done out inside, but walking past it recently and the crowds outside put me right off.

I was surprised at how nice the beer seemed to be kept to be honest.

Think it finds it tricky to balance a nice enough pub with its colourful characters which use it.

Just now, stripeyfox said:

Was there a thread somewhere on cutting down on beer/alcohol?

Tried to seach but couldn't find it and this may not be the best place. Am attempting Dry January and wondered if any other FTers are?

I am doing dry jan and feb and then March until I go on holiday towards the end of the month.

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

I am doing dry jan and feb and then March until I go on holiday towards the end of the month.

I'm well overdue for a period of absetenence. I reckon in the last two years (maybe longer) there's only a handful of days when I haven't had a drink. 

Probably been drinking regularly (3 - 6 beers a night on average + half a bottle of wine if the missus opens one) for several years now. Would not consider myself an alcoholic but definately have become dependent on it.

Had a drink NYE but not since. Nearly caved in last night as the missus was at work and I knew there was one beer left in the fridge. I opened it, poured it, but then felt guilty and chucked it away.

Feel happier now there's  not beer in the house - other then 0% stuff. Feel quite liberated by it. No major physical effects so far other than struggling to sleep but I guess that will pass!

2 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I'm well overdue for a period of absetenence. I reckon in the last two years (maybe longer) there's only a handful of days when I haven't had a drink. 

Probably been drinking regularly (3 - 6 beers a night on average + half a bottle of wine if the missus opens one) for several years now. Would not consider myself an alcoholic but definately have become dependent on it.

Had a drink NYE but not since. Nearly caved in last night as the missus was at work and I knew there was one beer left in the fridge. I opened it, poured it, but then felt guilty and chucked it away.

Feel happier now there's  not beer in the house - other then 0% stuff. Feel quite liberated by it. No major physical effects so far other than struggling to sleep but I guess that will pass!

Good on ya 👍 

On 11/12/2019 at 22:04, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I reckon it'll be decent mate, not seen any photos or anything but you'd fancy the beer to be good. Knew it was Boar Lane but didn't know it was that Ladbrokes, so many gaffs.

yeah it’s nice here imho some nice ales some nice womens some nice decor 

Edited by ScouseFox

24 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Went the Brum on on the 2nd in all - beer top tier and nicely finished inside - one of the bar staff a bit miserable but might have just been an off day.

yeah it was dece. i will be visiting frequently. we will probably visit together one day soon and i for one can’t wait.