Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

Currently finishing off some bitter my local boozer bottled up and gave me for free.

ive moved back to where I used to live while my house is being built,in the garden where I am.

Still a lot of old faces and ex cricket players go in the pub.

Wasnt much of a pub goer at my last village,but bloody hell im enjoying it again.

missing it at the moment.

10 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

A vanilla milk stout from a brewery in Budapest, bought from Beer52. Using this lockdown as an excuse to buy strong and quirky beers from online retailers, as obviously my weekly pub spend is now zero.

Try to find the Dessert in a cans, or and strong Omnipollo beers. Both pretty steep but worth it if that’s your remit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Try to find the Dessert in a cans, or and strong Omnipollo beers. Both pretty steep but worth it if that’s your remit.

I bought that Omnipollo & Dugges blueberry cheesecake stout pre-lockdown, had it last weekend and didn't rate it as highly as I thought I would. It was still nice but I wouldn't rush to recommend it. Love Dugges imperial stouts, too - more so than Omnipollo's.

Aside from that I've not really had a bev in a few weeks, fancy getting a few tins in but I know I'd want to order a fair few to save hassle / multiple orders and it'd be a false economy as I'd just get through them regardless with nothing on at the moment.

On 04/04/2020 at 08:13, SystonFox said:

Charnwood brewery Blossom keg delivered to my door yesterday from a mate who collected from the sorrel fox. Great sip 

My mates business is opposite this place, he's posted leaflets through all the neighbours doors and offered to do doorstep drops for anyone who wants anything, cant decide he's trying to be nice to us, help the local business or a shareholder lol

18 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Thanks, just found a really good range of what you mention on 'beer merhcant.' Ordered a range of bottles from hawkshead brewery in the Lake District too, sound really nice.

16 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Thanks, just found a really good range of what you mention on 'beer merhcant.' Ordered a range of bottles from hawkshead brewery in the Lake District too, sound really nice.

Yeah Beer Merchant is decent, waiting for my delivery from them.

I'm just a lager lout, but there are some I don't like. Cant drink stuff like Carling, fosters etc, but am happy with the likes of Amstel, carlsberg export etc, and really enjoy buying a variety of european lagers on narborough road.

Been getting stuck into the Heinekens recently, asda have been selling them off dirt cheap as they are promo cases for the new 007 film that got delayed. £9 for 15 cans of a lager I enjoy, I cannot complain. Just wish I could buy more than 3 at a time, i would've had them all.

24 minutes ago, Kopic said:

I'm just a lager lout, but there are some I don't like. Cant drink stuff like Carling, fosters etc, but am happy with the likes of Amstel, carlsberg export etc, and really enjoy buying a variety of european lagers on narborough road.

Been getting stuck into the Heinekens recently, asda have been selling them off dirt cheap as they are promo cases for the new 007 film that got delayed. £9 for 15 cans of a lager I enjoy, I cannot complain. Just wish I could buy more than 3 at a time, i would've had them all.

You into German lagers/pilsners?

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

You into German lagers/pilsners?

I would imagine so, not too clued up on them to be honest. The German beers I've had in the past are mostly the own brands from aldi/lidl, or a becks, although I do really like an erdinger, which I discovered about 10 years ago on a trip to greece.

I just basically find a new lager, get excited and try it. Theres some Russian export lager in home bargains, called baltika or something, found it the other week and as soon as I saw it I had to try it (they also had some obscure Turkish lager that I really liked). Same with the eastern european lagers you find on narborough road; I buy a selection and find it really enjoyable to try them all. 

I also tried modelo for the first time the other week, Mexican lager, I think they are the brewers of Corona, and I really enjoyed that.

My favourite lager though is a beer I find so hard to get in the UK. It's a Romanian beer that one shop on narborough road stocks so infrequently, and when they do have it, it sells out super fast. I haven't had one in about a year. Even considered driving over there and filling the boot with cases of it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kopic said:

I would imagine so, not too clued up on them to be honest. The German beers I've had in the past are mostly the own brands from aldi/lidl, or a becks, although I do really like an erdinger, which I discovered about 10 years ago on a trip to greece.

I just basically find a new lager, get excited and try it. Theres some Russian export lager in home bargains, called baltika or something, found it the other week and as soon as I saw it I had to try it (they also had some obscure Turkish lager that I really liked). Same with the eastern european lagers you find on narborough road; I buy a selection and find it really enjoyable to try them all. 

I also tried modelo for the first time the other week, Mexican lager, I think they are the brewers of Corona, and I really enjoyed that.

My favourite lager though is a beer I find so hard to get in the UK. It's a Romanian beer that one shop on narborough road stocks so infrequently, and when they do have it, it sells out super fast. I haven't had one in about a year. Even considered driving over there and filling the boot with cases of it.

Negro Modelo is really good... by far one of the best Mexican macro lagers. Mexico had a lot of German settlers back in the day, and they brought over their beer culture.  Although the reputation is Mexico makes subpar beer, I find a lot of their lagers to be really good. Pacifico, Bohemia, Victoria and sol.

That said, my favorite lagers are still German. Especially the darker (dunkel) lagers.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Kopic said:

Good knowledge, didn't know that but it seems obvious now i think about it. I'll have to stop by some of the international stores on Narbrough Road whenever we get back to the KP. Dos Equis is a very good lager, if you like the taste of Modelo.

Do you remember the name of the Romanian beer? I went to Romania last year, can't remember anything special about the lagers there. Was the Turkish lager Efes? I'm always on the lookout for something new to try

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Good knowledge, didn't know that but it seems obvious now i think about it. I'll have to stop by some of the international stores on Narbrough Road whenever we get back to the KP. Dos Equis is a very good lager, if you like the taste of Modelo.

Do you remember the name of the Romanian beer? I went to Romania last year, can't remember anything special about the lagers there. Was the Turkish lager Efes? I'm always on the lookout for something new to try

Yeah the Romanian beer is called Bergenbier. It's probably nothing special at all, but I love a cold can of it sitting in the sun. Would be perfect during this lockdown.

The turkish beer I got in home bargains is called Bomonti Fabrika. I called it obscure as I have never seen it before, and I get through a fair variety of beers, but it may well be known to some on here. Very enjoyable.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kopic said:

Yeah the Romanian beer is called Bergenbier. It's probably nothing special at all, but I love a cold can of it sitting in the sun. Would be perfect during this lockdown.

The turkish beer I got in home bargains is called Bomonti Fabrika. I called it obscure as I have never seen it before, and I get through a fair variety of beers, but it may well be known to some on here. Very enjoyable.

Brilliant thanks, never heard of either, will investigate

Got a special offer off Beer52 couple of weeks ago but with the lockdown,  I finally got around ordering a crate of mixed beers in.    I particularly enjoyed Siren Soundwave and Wildbeer Nebula (especially the latter) so far.   I also got beers from Gipsy Hill,   Wiper and True,  Sori Brewing,  Omnium and Tak Brevog lined up too.  

What is these companies and Beer 52's reputation amongst the beer community like?   

Edited by The Blur
  • Like 1

Just now, The Blur said:

Got a special offer off Beer52 couple of weeks ago but with the lockdown,  I finally got around ordering a crate of mixed beers in.    I enjoyed rate Siren Soundwave and Wildbeer Nebula (especially the latter) so far.   I also got beers from Gipsy Hill,   Wiper and True,  Sori Brewing,  Omnium and Tak Brevog lined up too.  

What is these companies and Beer 52's reputation amongst the beer community like?   

Siren are highly regarded I think as are Wild, I’ve never used Beer 52.

Just for my delivery. 11 bottles of Titanic Plumb Porter, 4 Mongozo Coconut ( memories of Brugge), a couple of Cherry Beers, A couple of Peach beers and then some strong Lervig stouts (Maple is sensational and I’ve not yet tried the cheesecake). 

Should keep me going for a few weeks at least.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Got a special offer off Beer52 couple of weeks ago but with the lockdown,  I finally got around ordering a crate of mixed beers in.    I enjoyed rate Siren Soundwave and Wildbeer Nebula (especially the latter) so far.   I also got beers from Gipsy Hill,   Wiper and True,  Sori Brewing,  Omnium and Tak Brevog lined up too.  

I've used beer 52 a few times, very good customer service, delivery after a week or so though. Usually a good selection in their sale section, 'the last optimo' was one i particularly enjoyed recently.

• Like 1