Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

44 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

How was it mate?

Working my way through a mixed case of Everards tonight. Got a Beacon Hill on the go.

Really good mate. A  great zest to it, very easy to drink..Reminded me of a Framework beer I had in TTL a few months back. Semper I think it was called.

How is the Beacon? Only ever had it on draught. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Soup said:

Really good mate. A  great zest to it, very easy to drink..Reminded me of a Framework beer I had in TTL a few months back. Semper I think it was called.

How is the Beacon? Only ever had it on draught. 

Better on draught. But then Sunchaser seems to be the only Everards one that tastes as good out the bottle.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Better on draught. But then Sunchaser seems to be the only Everards one that tastes as good out the bottle.

Yeah I've tried Sunchaser out the bottle and it was decent.

I've a few really good beers in the fridge but how I wish I was in the side room at the Old Horse with any pint of Everards. ( still not a fan of the other half that has recently been done up)

• Like 2

I think Beacon out of the bottle is nice. It's not the most flavoursome beer but as a light bitter I really like it. Also the Original is one of the better strong bitters from the bottle. I think Everards beers are really underrated personally. I find them infinitely more drinkable than a lot of craft beer stuff from small breweries. 

17 hours ago, Stadt said:

Had never heard of Menebrea until I saw it on the Morrison’s site the other day. Italian blonde beer, well refreshing.

One of the better Italian ones. I loved Poretti and Pedavena when I lived there but I haven't seem them here. 

2 hours ago, bovril said:

One of the better Italian ones. I loved Poretti and Pedavena when I lived there but I haven't seem them here. 

Poretti is available in a few places, it’s on tap in the New Den bizarrely. Parcel Yard had it on tap last time I was there as well. Pedavena I’ll have to look out for.

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

A friend sent them. It’s mission in possible getting them to export. For years we have tried to get it to happen.

yeah i have looked everywhere online with no joy...

Will just have to go over again next year at some point! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Where you getting Fiege from?? Since my trip to Bochum last season I've been craving a few of them but can't ever find it! 

Outside of the Bochum/Ruhr area, there's one bar in Berlin that sells it and one in Copenhagen - and that's only because the owners like it so much that they drive down to Bochum to restock every now and then! It's a bit weird that the brewery aren't bothered about expanding their market, especially as anyone I've met from other parts of Germany raves about Fiege when I mention I've got mates there.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Coral Stout from Madeira, Sagres and a couple of Super Bocks.

Worked in Portugal for a summer in younger days. Lived on Mateus rose wine. And super bocks. Was about 30 cent a bottle, and you got 5 cent back for recycling your bottle. 

• Like 1

Just planned ahead and ordered a few Belgian and English Christmas beers from Beers of Europe. Tried the St Bernardus one in the PO Vaults after Villa away last year and that was gear, so looking forward to that and a few new'uns. Sure the Belgian experts on here will know them all well enough.

• Like 1