Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

First new beer of the weekend is Orkney Gold. Scots know their ale alright, though this would be better on a summer's day.

Would've got some Yank beers this week if I'd known there was likely to be some news worthy of getting the tins in for tonight. Can't beat having a few scoops while major world events unfold on the box.

Edited by Voll Blau

4 hours ago, The Blur said:

Do you guys keep your ales in fridge or at room temperature?   

I only refrigerate unpasteurized draft beer (or stuff I want to drink within the next few days).

Whatever else I've got goes into the cellar, which is cool.  I've opened some imperial stouts and barleywines after a few years there and they seem to keep pretty well.

• Like 1

Polished off all of the Vault City stuff on my holiday, enjoyed them but they get a bit much after a while. Really can’t remember too much of our match on Thursday.

Got my dad a load of Verdant stuff for his birthday, rude not to get some

Pistachio DIAC’s on the same order.

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I strongly recommend the Leffe Winter, although it's more like the Bruin one.

I have a keg of this for the perfect draft, will prob have it leading up to Christmas. I’ve been drinking mainly U.K. beers recently but love the Belgian style beers.

38 minutes ago, Soup said:

Talking af Belgian beers M&S sell St Feuillien at £2.50 a bottle. This is £3.80 at the Offie and £3 plus online. The blond is top quality.

Really nice beer. Tesco sell delirium for £2.5 which is great value, they also have big bottles of tripel karmeliet for £5.

• Like 2

On 07/11/2020 at 20:23, Costock_Fox said:

Polished off all of the Vault City stuff on my holiday, enjoyed them but they get a bit much after a while. Really can’t remember too much of our match on Thursday.

Got my dad a load of Verdant stuff for his birthday, rude not to get some

Pistachio DIAC’s on the same order.

I agree. One or two in a session. Which was your favourite? Mine has to be the pear and vanilla which is odd as I’m not a massive fan of pear. Also where did you order from for the Verdant/DIAC?

Edited by Unabomber

5 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I agree. One or two in a session. Which was your favourite? Mine has to be the pear and vanilla which is odd as I’m not a massive fan of pear. Also where did you order from for the Verdant/DIAC?

I don’t think I tried that one. I recon the Raspberry session one or Cherry were my favourites.

I got the other stuff from Leftfield Beer which always has a pretty good selection of you have never used them.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

I don’t think I tried that one. I recon the Raspberry session one or Cherry were my favourites.

I got the other stuff from Leftfield Beer which always has a pretty good selection of you have never used them.

Nah I haven’t only used the fuss club and premier hop online. I’ll have a look. 

On 07/11/2020 at 12:13, The Blur said:

Do you guys keep your ales in fridge or at room temperature?   

I usually put them in the fridge for about half an hour before serving. I don't want to sound too much like a total CAMRA willy puller but I think as the ale warms up the flavour gets better. 

• Like 2

Gonna get the four Carribbean Chocolate Cakes from Siren, managed a few last year and they were Susan. 

Need to whack a few big Christmas orders in for a truly joyeux noel - will visit the Offie pre-crimbo, get a few from the Wagon and a few exotic ones online baby! Debated buying 24 assorted for advent but I wouldn't have the willpower to do just the one a day.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie